Page 269 of 693 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 10395

Should they just soft reboot the Justice League like they will the Suicide Squad?
    I think it's kind of a shame to not try another JL movie just because the first one bombed. And it's not like the team is broken storywise, only in terms of tone, IMO.
    I think they could get away with some recasts after the Flash movie and just have a new JL series where the team is already together and more developed (no need to go into Mother Box crap again).

I'd adapt Morrison's first arc and introduce Martian Manhunter, Hawkwoman and John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Right, which is why all these stand alone movies should end with the entire world getting destroyed so that we know they're stand alone.
    Why are you so fixated on Apokolips War's bad ending?

I mean, we both obviously have our axes to grind here - I really hate the shared universe thing and am uncomfortable with them trying again. But I state my reasons why that is. I think you'd get more sympathy stating more your worries/concerns/problems than just making slightly snarky remarks about the whole world ending bit. Like, tell us why it matters to you?
    Last edited by Vakanai; 04-06-2021 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Should they just soft reboot the Justice League like they will the Suicide Squad?
    I think it's kind of a shame to not try another JL movie just because the first one bombed. And it's not like the team is broken storywise, only in terms of tone, IMO.
    I think they could get away with some recasts after the Flash movie and just have a new JL series where the team is already together and more developed (no need to go into Mother Box crap again).

I'd adapt Morrison's first arc and introduce Martian Manhunter, Hawkwoman and John Stewart.
    Yeah I agree with you! A lineup with Superman (Henry or recast), Batman (hopefully Pattinson), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Mamoa), Flash (Ezra Miller) plus Green Lantern (John), Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter would be amazing! And they’d be able to get away with it, though the Snyder cult would hate it and moan about it on Twitter lol
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I don't know it it'll be a soft or hard reboot, but they will try their hand again at a new JL movie within the next 10 years. Basically the JL brand/franchise is where Batman was after Batman and Robin - it took them 8 years, almost a decade, before they were willing to try again. Bat-fans are lucky Batman Begins did well or he might have been put back on ice. After Superman IV in 1987 they wouldn't put Clark back up on screen until 2006 (to be fair, they had one or two attempts that fell apart before hitting the screens, but even if Superman Lives had happened it would still have been a decade long break). So there's evidence that when a DC property fails that hard they like to give it a decade before trying again. Look at Green Lantern - 2011 the film bombed, 2021 we know a streaming series and a movie are both inbound. JL flopped in 2017, so if the pattern holds we'll here about a retry with the property around 2027.

Also, this "about a decade" rule WB seems to have about DC film failures to redos may have a few years shaved off in this case - while the Snyderverse is dead and isn't coming back, no matter what the #restorethesnyderverse guys will tell you, the fact that the SC of JL is being received so well might help ease some concerns with execs. So instead of 2027 we might hear rumblings as soon as say 2024 or 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yeah I agree with you! A lineup with Superman (Henry or recast), Batman (hopefully Pattinson), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Mamoa), Flash (Ezra Miller) plus Green Lantern (John), Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter would be amazing! And they’d be able to get away with it, though the Snyder cult would hate it and moan about it on Twitter lol
    1. Pattinson's Batman is outside the DCEU, and I rather they not bring his take into the main continuity. The Batman looks like an awesome back to grounded Nolan-style take, which is great for solos but not so much team ups.

2. I thought Ezra dropped out as the Flash? Am I wrong or didn't I read that here?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    1. Pattinson's Batman is outside the DCEU, and I rather they not bring his take into the main continuity. The Batman looks like an awesome back to grounded Nolan-style take, which is great for solos but not so much team ups.

2. I thought Ezra dropped out as the Flash? Am I wrong or didn't I read that here?
    You got April Fool’d. Ezra isn’t out as Flash.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You got April Fool’d. Ezra isn’t out as Flash.
    Was that on April Fools? I read it the day after, didn't think to look how old it was.
    It's why I hate online April Fools stuff, instead of one day I've got like a whole week to be wary of because I keep stumbling onto the pranks days after.

Well they’re introducing the multiverse and we’ve seen from the trailers that Superman and Wonder Woman merchandise exists in that world. They could be comic characters in that world though but the multiverse concept lends itself to Pattinson jumping worlds for team ups! Also I hope to god it’s not another Nolan type of take! I need my outlandish villains to appear, especially Poison Ivy!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Why are you so fixated on Apokolips War's bad ending?

I mean, we both obviously have our axes to grind here - I really hate the shared universe thing and am uncomfortable with them trying again. But I state my reasons why that is. I think you'd get more sympathy stating more your worries/concerns/problems than just making slightly snarky remarks about the whole world ending bit. Like, tell us why it matters to you?
    I stated my reasons. Quite a few times.

Imagine that they did end this Justice Society movie with the entire justice society gunned down by soldiers and then the Flash returns to a future in which no other life exists and he dies of radiation poisoning. How satisfying of an ending would that be? How inclined would you be to check out any future movies made by the same people? Would you have spent quite as much time arguing with me for being unhappy with it as you've been doing so far?

That's for a single two hour movie. But getting invested for 7 years? For that ending?

They had a great take on Metropolis, glad to see their Gotham looks amazing as well!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not really. Just do a new story and go from there. The Whedon cut is a good time but felt uninspired. It doesn't really cause major problems that would impact a sequel.

I'd soft reboot it if the actors were different. Like if Pattinson replaces Affleck then you would have to rethink the film anyway. Most of the cast seems to be on their way out so this might be the direction they take anyway.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-06-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The animation looks good but the style is one I could do without. It’s not bad or anything but I really wish they tried to emulate Sale’s style. Other than that the voice acting is very solid. I wish they could’ve gotten someone else other than Baker to do Joker since all he’s doing here is a Hamil impression & I would prefer to see another actor put their own spin on the character.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The animation looks good but the style is one I could do without. It’s not bad or anything but I really wish they tried to emulate Sale’s style. Other than that the voice acting is very solid. I wish they could’ve gotten someone else other than Baker to do Joker since all he’s doing here is a Hamil impression & I would prefer to see another actor put their own spin on the character.
    I feel like it fits the story as a retro-ish Noir style, even if it's not reminiscent of Sale's art much.

I'm surprised they completely changed Catwoman's costume though.

Troy's Joker is definitely very reminiscent of Hamill's, but it's not a bad Joker voice in my opinion. Although now he's on his third Batman .

They gave Catwoman Joelle’s costume, which was probably the right choice. If they’re not going to emulate Sale’s style then I doubt his Catwoman design would look good.