Page 272 of 693 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 10395

Wouldn't the initial sales be the highest they could get and the sales gradually drop off after a while?

There is also the impact of streaming to consider and how it affects the DTV sales.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wouldn't the initial sales be the highest they could get and the sales gradually drop off after a while?

There is also the impact of streaming to consider and how it affects the DTV sales.
    Probably but when one film has been out for a decade more than another the sales are likely to reflect that at least a little

The data for Superman: Doomsday is from 3 weeks of release, the one for JLD: Apokolips War is from 9 weeks.

The data for Superman: Doomsday is from 3 weeks of release, the one for JLD: Apokolips War is from 9 weeks.
    According to the link you posted earlier, Doomsday made $6M in its first 3 weeks of release, while the chart you posted lists $12M, indicating a time period much longer than the first 3 weeks

I stand corrected then.

Trailer better blow my socks off because nothing I've heard of this convinced me that it will be better than the Titans show or the 2011-GL movie. :P

Trailer better blow my socks off because nothing I've heard of this convinced me that it will be better than the Titans show or the 2011-GL movie. :P
    I really hope we don't get something as bad as Titans. Way to butcher soemthing so full of potential

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really hope we don't get something as bad as Titans. Way to butcher soemthing so full of potential
    I've only seen the first season of Titans, and it's budget shows a lot, but I don't think it was that bad. Actually liked their Robin/Nightwing a lot.

The casting spot on but the writing is all over the place. I think Johns just needs to stay away from certain properties and let some new blood in and hopefully it's people who understands these characters and what makes them tick. Whose bright idea was it to give Akiva Goldsman another superhero property to write?

Wish the show had the production quality of Stargirl and the tone of Jon Watt's Spider-man movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've only seen the first season of Titans, and it's budget shows a lot, but I don't think it was that bad. Actually liked their Robin/Nightwing a lot.
    Loved the costumes, liked the acting, but the writing was absolutely dreadful.

I saw somewhere that someone had complained on Brenton Thwaites' IG or something and that he responded and said something like, "I understand but please be patient. It will get better."

I liked about every other episode of season 1 alright. Those tended to be the episodes that introduced new characters apart from the main four. The Hawk and Dove episode was fantastic. The costumes and story were great, the writing was even okay, and I never want to see anyone else play those roles. They are perfect. And I am in love with Minka Kelly.

Season 2 was awful through and through. Hopefully the bigger budget will help. Maybe they could find a better way than a downed power line to kill Donna Troy, for example? And please, please get some better writers. That is the biggest problem with the show by far.

The casting spot on but the writing is all over the place. I think Johns just needs to stay away from certain properties and let some new blood in and hopefully it's people who understands these characters and what makes them tick. Whose bright idea was it to give Akiva Goldsman another superhero property to write?

Wish the show had the production quality of Stargirl and the tone of Jon Watt's Spider-man movies.
    Agree with the production quality of Stargirl, hard disagree with the tone of MCU Spidey movies. Stargirl did a lighthearted fun tone better than Homecoming and Far From Home have.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Loved the costumes, liked the acting, but the writing was absolutely dreadful.

I saw somewhere that someone had complained on Brenton Thwaites' IG or something and that he responded and said something like, "I understand but please be patient. It will get better."

I liked about every other episode of season 1 alright. Those tended to be the episodes that introduced new characters apart from the main four. The Hawk and Dove episode was fantastic. The costumes and story were great, the writing was even okay, and I never want to see anyone else play those roles. They are perfect. And I am in love with Minka Kelly.

Season 2 was awful through and through. Hopefully the bigger budget will help. Maybe they could find a better way than a downed power line to kill Donna Troy, for example? And please, please get some better writers. That is the biggest problem with the show by far.
    Agreed on the writing, but that's what I meant about the budget - decent writing is the first to get cut on a tight budget. So yeah, the writing is dreadful. But the costumes and acting didn't suck, so it kind of balances out. Like I said, I like their Dick Grayson, and I am not a Grayson fan (I don't hate him to any extent either, outside the annoying fanbase who thinks he's the best thing DC's ever done - but the character himself I'm just indifferent to really).

While I disagree that they were perfect and never wanting to see other actors in the role, I do greatly agree that Hawk and Dove were clear stand outs and quite probably the best parts of season one.

Like I said, haven't seen the second season (yet).

The cast keep saying that season 3 has the best writing yet. I don't doubt it cause it's pretty easy to achieve that.

I had high hopes for season 2, but the season finale killed any good faith i had in the show up until that point. But the Titans are my favorite characters, so u best belive i'll be watching season 3 cause i can't help myself.

And even if it sucks, at least Conor Leslie is coming back. Whoever choose her to be Donna Troy deserve a raise.
    Last edited by Drako; 04-12-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'll never forgive them for Raven's casting. Some of the worst acting I've seen on a TV Show. But I do like their Nightwing and Donna.
    But yes, the writing is by far the worst thing about the show. So cringy.
    Oh, then there's Trigon. Oh lord.