Page 367 of 693 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 10395
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Eh that's pushing it, the idea of something called "Young Justice" featuring a bunch of adults is just silly, perhaps not as silly as a group of adults called "Teen Titans", but still, really sounding like an artifact title lol.

At least they're not called Young Justice in-universe, that would make it sound like those mid 20's people have mid-life crisis before they're even 30.
    We had an entire tv show called "Younger" because a woman in her 40s pretended to be 25. The Night is young, it's 8pm at night, there's only so many hours left in the day. Just like Teen Titans can vary in age between 13-19. 18 is considered an adult but you are still a "teen"

No one looks at someone in their early 20s as "old", they are still referred to plenty as being young.

Oh come on, at least the Green Lanterns would get to do something .
    I think they're still waiting to do a GL episode at some point, it's just a matter of it fitting the story.
    There's time to grieve and time to watch shitty Star Trek rip-offs, that post credits scene makes it clear which one it is .
    Also actual aliens from the future watching how people viewed aliens and space exploration back in the day.
    Well, he gets no screen time in general lol.

Kinda funny Cassie gets more, even gets some character development.
    Yeah, Cassie got a new costume and is basically the leader of the Outsiders. For a character that isn't an OG and hasn't had the "character of the season" status, she's done pretty okay.
    And how's Spoiler for Stephanie? 'Cause ever since the first time I heard it, my thought was "What kind of codename is that?" Lol.
    I thought it fit her well since in terms of personality and MO she's ever often a "spoiler."
    Eh that's pushing it, the idea of something called "Young Justice" featuring a bunch of adults is just silly, perhaps not as silly as a group of adults called "Teen Titans", but still, really sounding like an artifact title lol.

At least they're not called Young Justice in-universe, that would make it sound like those mid 20's people have mid-life crisis before they're even 30.
    I love how in the Outsiders debut episode they set up the exact same naming reasoning for YJ and then go "let's call ourselves Outsiders! #Outsiders ."

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    And in the latest

spoilers:
    Bringing back Xanadu and not making her Nimue. If she is Nimue, it doesn't explain why she was a charlatan in the first place. If it is Nimue then its a step down from how Artemis was adapted and given new stuff for the show.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

She is called Nimue Inwudu in the episode but they seem to have retconned her previous appearance to say that meeting Fate inspired her to become who she is supposed to be. It's not how I wish to see the character adapted but I'll take it for now. I would have rather something like the real Xanadu showing up and calling out the Charlatan, maybe taking her up under her wing since Xanadu is immortal, it's not out of the blue for someone to pretend to be a famous charlatan.

I'm also not sure about changing her background to Creole (?). Comic book Xanadu never came across as 'white' but she has a defined backstory as being the biological sister of Morgan Le Fay and being born in Avalon then later traveling to ancient China and adopting the 'Xanadu' motif after the RL city. Would make more sense for her to be mixed, British/Mongolian (Jessie Mei Li is pretty close to how I imagine her when I think of the comic book version). I don't mind race bending but it should be in a direction that makes sense for a characters backstory and while Xanadu is a minor character, it's very likely the next adaptation takes points from this one.

Also, are Blue Devil, Klarion, Nabu and the Child the only magic guys on the show? Where is Morgan Le Fay, Trigon, Tala, Mr E, Dr Occult and the rest of the magic guys?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    We had an entire tv show called "Younger" because a woman in her 40s pretended to be 25. The Night is young, it's 8pm at night, there's only so many hours left in the day. Just like Teen Titans can vary in age between 13-19. 18 is considered an adult but you are still a "teen"
    That show sounds like it's a woman with a mid-life crisis, so it's fitting lol.

No one looks at someone in their early 20s as "old", they are still referred to plenty as being young.
    They're not "old", but "Young Justice" is a name that puts emphasis on youth, specially since it sounds like a name teenagers came up with, and the cartoon being about a bunch of mid-20's characters with that name is silly.

And since time actually advances here, unlike in the comics, they'll keep aging, and if we assume that by the time they're on their 30's they're still the protagonists, the name "Young Justice" will just look sillier and sillier lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they're still waiting to do a GL episode at some point, it's just a matter of it fitting the story.
    We could've gotten something in season 2 with the Reach, or in season 3 when the characters are hunting Apokolips people to rescue the kidnapped teenagers... In fact, it's pretty weird that Hal and maybe John stayed on Earth instead of helping with this; anyways, with season 4 being more about Earth-based, smaller scale stories (So far, but I think we're only leaving Earth again because of Legion), I doubt we'll get Green Lantern stuff in this season.

Also actual aliens from the future watching how people viewed aliens and space exploration back in the day.
    Which's kinda funny for current Earth to get views like stuff from a Star Trek rip-off when they've dealt with the Reach, and at least one Martian lol.

Yeah, Cassie got a new costume and is basically the leader of the Outsiders. For a character that isn't an OG and hasn't had the "character of the season" status, she's done pretty okay.
    Wonder if that's, in a way, compensating for Donna being screwed over in season 1 'cause of rights issues, even if Donna herself is sidelined, but hey, Cassie gets to do stuff...

Either way, being the leader of the Outsiders doesn't mean too much if we don't get to see her doing something with it, since the closest thing to focus Outsiders are getting right now is Garfield looking sad.

I thought it fit her well since in terms of personality and MO she's ever often a "spoiler."
    Ah, alright, still feel like it's silly, but maybe I didn't get used to it like I did with "Robin" lol.

I love how in the Outsiders debut episode they set up the exact same naming reasoning for YJ and then go "let's call ourselves Outsiders! #Outsiders ."
    I remember thinking that the "Outsiders" team was Nightwing's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Also, are Blue Devil, Klarion, Nabu and the Child the only magic guys on the show? Where is Morgan Le Fay, Trigon, Tala, Mr E, Dr Occult and the rest of the magic guys?
    Aside from Zatanna, there's Khalid and Thirteen, Zatanna talks like Mary Marvel can do more magic spells too if she starts to think outside the box.

But yeah, magic has been under-used since season 1, I think in season 2 we only got Zatanna using her magic to defeat Despero and to reprogram the Scarab, Klarion himself barely showed up, I only remember Zatanna fighting Klarion in season 3 but not much else... At the very least, the current episodes seem to be magic focused, and while we didn't get much with episode 9, maybe we'll get some more characters, in particular I've been wondering about Circe lol.

Oh also, back in season 1 we had a bunch of villain magicians in that episode where Klarion separated the world into one where there's only adults, and another where there's only kids, I guess there's that for basically a cameo?

There's Wotan, Felix Faust, Wizard, Blackbriar Thorn as magical foes. Wotan have some appearances before.
    Oh there also Atlantean magic users

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    There's Wotan, Felix Faust, Wizard, Blackbriar Thorn as magical foes. Wotan have some appearances before.
    Oh there also Atlantean magic users
    Oh yeah, Kaldur'ahm explicitly uses magic, and in the Atlantis episode, it's mentioned that Garth has taken more advanced classes, and we see that since the stuff he does is more complex than what Kaldur'ahm does, and then there's Mera, who's their teacher and looks super badass.

It honestly makes Aquaman look really boring by comparison, 'cause he has no magic, nor does he show his other others, so when he fights, he runs up to the enemy and punches 'em lol.

Meh I think Young Justice is a fine title. They are all young adults with some teens in their for good measure. I don't think they need to be kids for it to work

Oh hey, Samurai Jack reference .
    Not an intentional one

Kind of interesting they made both Blue Devil and Looker Irish (?).

This show is giving the X-Men a run for their money with all the accents and only, like, a few VA's who actually genuinely have those accents .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of interesting they made both Blue Devil and Looker Irish (?).

This show is giving the X-Men a run for their money with all the accents and only, like, a few VA's who actually genuinely have those accents .
    Blue Devil is Irish (and Catholic) in the comics. So that's accurate to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Blue Devil is Irish (and Catholic) in the comics. So that's accurate to the source material.
    So he's (almost) Nightcrawler. *ducks*
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

So The Batman is getting a 2nd series spin off.....where's my Amazon movie/series?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So The Batman is getting a 2nd series spin off.....where's my Amazon movie/series?
    waiting to see how Next film does

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    waiting to see how Next film does
    Why would they do that when they greenlit 2 shows before The Batman came out and 1 show before TSS came out