Page 649 of 695 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 10422
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Conroy played that evil Batman in Arrowverse and it wasn’t well received either. Did Rocksteady know this would be his final performance? No. It’s not their fault. But by the same token, it’s not a problem for people to have the opinion that this is a lousy note for him to end his Batman on, and even if it wasn’t his last performance it’s still a terrible way for Arkham Batman to go, especially when he already had a solid ending.

Least Wondy fans have their game to look forward to.
    I mean they still don't even know what the game is about that's been announced 2 years ago.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    They confirmed this when the game was announced.

They even retconned Deadshot being a white guy by stating that the guy in Arkham Origins and City was a fake all this time, and black Deadshot killed him to take back his name.
    Oy vey, I wonder if they'll reverse this and make it's own thing?

To jump over so many hoops to match Ayer's Suicide Squad is wild as hell

A raceswapped version of a white character "taking back his name". lol At least they bothered to actually explain why he suddenly looks different I suppose.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-19-2023 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    A raceswapped version of a white character "taking back his name". lol At least they bothered to actually explain why he suddenly looks different I suppose.
    all this tells me is that the Arkham story ended for me in the 4th game.

on a semi related tangent maybe WB will deign to give us Arkham Origins

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Oy vey, I wonder if they'll reverse this and make it's own thing?

To jump over so many hoops to match Ayer's Suicide Squad is wild as hell
    This game is a relic, pretty much everything about is intended to synergize with a now archaic DCEU.

Which makes it ironic considering how praised the Arkham series previously was for its timeless feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    This game is a relic, pretty much everything about is intended to synergize with a now archaic DCEU.

Which makes it ironic considering how praised the Arkham series previously was for its timeless feel.
    friggin' exactly!

this should have been a celebration for all the goodwill Rocksteady built up over the years.

I mean they made the definitive Batman, they made you feel like Batman in every sense of the word.

You can go back to the first one and it is still invigorating, you go to Arkham City and it is mind blowing.

But this looks likes any other game that is trying to hit all of the 4 quadrants: fortnight players, COD players, Arkham players, and comic fans.

In the end it will make no one happy.

The Insominac leak showing all the other Marvel games in dev just makes me shake my head and sigh at the state of DC games. Exactly like the movies they had Marvel beat and are now imploding while Marvel cooks their goose. If the WB are too incompetent or uninterested in making games using other DC heroes, why not license them out? MS is going to need some more superhero games with the X-Men being Sony exclusive.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Insominac leak showing all the other Marvel games in dev just makes me shake my head and sigh at the state of DC games. Exactly like the movies they had Marvel beat and are now imploding while Marvel cooks their goose. If the WB are too incompetent or uninterested in making games using other DC heroes, why not license them out? MS is going to need some more superhero games with the X-Men being Sony exclusive.
    Not to long ago they were trying to sell their game division. It's impossible to expect a cohesive idea from WB.
    But yeah, not licensing their IPs to other studios is mind-boggling.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

To be fair that was a leak for the next 10 years worth of games (Spider-Man 3, Venom, Wolverine and X-Men, unless WB has a leak as well, who knows what they have cooking. So far they have us Gotham Knights (meh), Suicide Squad(jury still out), and Wonder Woman (has tremendous potential). For sure we’ll be getting Injustice 3 but I have my fingers crossed for an open world JL or Titans game
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    To be fair that was a leak for the next 10 years worth of games (Spider-Man 3, Venom, Wolverine and X-Men, unless WB has a leak as well, who knows what they have cooking. So far they have us Gotham Knights (meh), Suicide Squad(jury still out), and Wonder Woman (has tremendous potential). For sure we’ll be getting Injustice 3 but I have my fingers crossed for an open world JL or Titans game
    Far as I know the only other studio working on a DC game currently besides Rocksteady and Monolith is WBM (and they don’t have a good track record). Right now all we have for the next 5 years is Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, and presumably Injustice 3 (which does nothing for me as a Superman fan). After Gotham Knights tanked and potentially SS will too, we’re most likely to get another Batman reboot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

WB Montreal is also working on a new game, hopefully they can just make a normal game instead of whatever was behind the scenes with Gotham Knights.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Microtransactions and chasing trends will be what kills DC games but I'm still slightly optimistic about WW and IJ has an audience (however much fans hate it).

But they need to take better care of their IP's.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Microtransactions and chasing trends will be what kills DC games but I'm still slightly optimistic about WW and IJ has an audience (however much fans hate it).

Maybe one day Zazzy will learn if you want $$ you have to put out quality product.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

The only way this stops is if they learn a really hard lesson. So it sounds kinda shitty but I’m hoping this game tanks. Something has to show them that microtransactions kill games.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The only way this stops is if they learn a really hard lesson. So it sounds kinda shitty but I’m hoping this game tanks. Something has to show them that microtransactions kill games.
    Honestly unless the gameplay is legit fun, I don't see this succeeding.

Word of mouth isn't great as it is.