Page 265 of 693 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 10394
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's a smart move since they is less loss if a movie doesn't succeed.

I can't handle another blockbuster that tries to compress everything or a tv show that runs on a few episodes too long. I'm more interested in short and punchy mini series right now and I hope DC banks on that.

Also, I wish they would put more people on their animation department, at the current rate they will be animating on two ply toilet paper with a ball point pen.
    Some guys don't need big budgets.

Not everyone needs a Michael Bay budget (MERCY).

If breaking up a $200 million budget to get 4 $50 million films that can buy time to rebuild Justice League and whatever Superman is now-do it.

If 50 million can get Jaime, Booster Gold, Question and Vixen films-do it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Some guys don't need big budgets.

Not everyone needs a Michael Bay budget (MERCY).

If breaking up a $200 million budget to get 4 $50 million films that can buy time to rebuild Justice League and whatever Superman is now-do it.

If 50 million can get Jaime, Booster Gold, Question and Vixen films-do it.
    Hell, you can do a Question film with less of a budget than Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Definitely classic Hollywood but Honestly I specked it to be a case by case situation I definitely think Jessica will be used & maybe even more so now that Monica is being used on wandavison & soon to be films.. When it comes to Virgil don’t know if he will or if you want he definitely deserves to be in should be but since he’s not a DC character only they might act funny when it comes to using him as much as they should.. with Duke I really never expect him to show up as Robin or as Batman’s partner if and when he does show up I think it will be when I do an outsiders related show or movie respected origin to be more or less the same but instead of joining Batman at his house he’ll just go directly to the outsiders which in my mind will more than likely be black lightning, katana black lightning daughters , Duke & maybe Red hood or someone else.

I really never expect Luke and Tim Jace to so up in movies or TV as actual superhero I think they might pop up an animated movies or elsewhere projects in supporting roles only way they ever pop up is if they do like a fox family show far removed from from whatever the main DC universe is doing just like next Batman. Because there’s no way that Jace is going to become Batman Bruce Wayne he has to popular outside we know comics so I don’t know where they’ll do it again if you know within the narrative of the show he’s dead or something.. they could do it if he knows going to be old like in Batman beyond but I just expect them to use Terry or Damien for that and if I do use Terry liked him I’m pretty sure he will be mixed or race bent. Tim & Terry and certain other characters are just ones honestly don’t expect to ever really show up outside of comics unless they are in fact mixed race or racebent other than white for various reasons. Now on the lack of Jamie and Karen is just stupidity and white supremacy pure and simple.. Karen and Malcolm definitely deserve more love. They can easily to give Karen a TV show on CW with Mal as support or Make them Co leaders. Whether the inside, outside of comics marvel/dc seem to continuously try to copy each other so hopefully with the iron heart show happing soon DC will answer back with a bumblebee show / bumblebee/Herald show and whenever marvel decide they want to use Sam Alexander/Nova solo again or since they just brought back reptile in comics maybe they’re gonna do something with him in the MCU then hopefully DC will answer back with Jamie I’m really hopeful that some of that happens because more than likely they’re going to answer back with something and those are the most logical and I already somewhere out there in the media outside of comics.. Alos imo Vixen should be in movies where ion JL or leading the GG. And Karen & Mai shouldn’t show up in Titans the show but get there own thing..
    Pretty sure there's something in the works with Vixen, and Static is also getting a movie.

Sign me up for Asian American Tim Drake as well. Given Tim's pre Nu2 history, the idea just clicks for me.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by the last part?

Yeah, that little twerp from a fictitious cult with some vague Asian and Middle Eastern influences who is so often drawn to look caucasian that you forget that his mother is Chinese/Arab.

He's not the type of Asian-American lead people are hungry for right now. An Asian American Tim Drake based on his 90's origin and history would be more in keeping with today's zeitgeist.
    Well they've been fixing the part about him being drawn as white. The fictitious cult thing also kind of applies to Shang Chi and he's getting a movie too. Damian has issues but he can be fixed pretty easily. And I say that as someone who doesn't like him that much.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I liked Joker at first but have no desire to re-watch it soon. You get a great performance from Phoenix and that's really it. Greg Rucka called the movie racist and vile in a podcast and elaborated on that, pushing it further down for me since I'm a big fan of his writing
    Racist how? I didn't see anything obviously racist...(I'm not ruling out really subtle stuff - I miss most subtle things.)

It's a smart move since they is less loss if a movie doesn't succeed.

I can't handle another blockbuster that tries to compress everything or a tv show that runs on a few episodes too long. I'm more interested in short and punchy mini series right now and I hope DC banks on that.

Also, I wish they would put more people on their animation department, at the current rate they will be animating on two ply toilet paper with a ball point pen.
    Eh, I'm kind of tired of the push into "short and punchy" mini series on streaming these days. Feels like it's all everyone wants these days. I envision a future where there's no films or long series left...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Racist how? I didn't see anything obviously racist...(I'm not ruling out really subtle stuff - I miss most subtle things.)
    Yeah, I missed it as well. Rucka critized the fury of the white underdog. Especially in current times.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Yeah, I missed it as well. Rucka critized the fury of the white underdog. Especially in current times.
    Ah - so it was something that was read into it rather than being intentionally in it. I don't like holding movies to that sort of thing.

I refuse to hold Greg Rucka of all people as the judge of what is or is not acceptable in the current socio-cultural context.

Any kind of argument about social themes coming from the mouth of an author who in 2020 wrote a whole sequence featuring two Americans raiding, guns-ablazing, a foreign military installation without even a scrap of motivation presented to the reader aside from the fact that it lies in a region with a name which sounds cacophonic to English-speakers like it's freaking 2003 and everyone in the US is still drunk on images of Bush II standing in front of "Mission accomplished!" banners[*] sounds completely hollow to my ears.

[*] And the whole thing was clearly added to the comic book not as a parody but to show how badass the two characters were, make no mistake! Because apparently if it's two Lesbians, of which one is a minority, who act according to the tenets of jingoism, macho culture and neoconservatism -- then it's completely OK for Mr. Rucka! :eyeroll:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Ah - so it was something that was read into it rather than being intentionally in it. I don't like holding movies to that sort of thing.
    I still don't get how it was racist.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    I refuse to hold Greg Rucka of all people as the judge of what is or is not acceptable in the current socio-cultural context.

Any kind of argument about social themes coming from the mouth of an author who in 2020 wrote a whole sequence featuring two Americans raiding, guns-ablazing, a foreign military installation without even a scrap of motivation presented to the reader aside from the fact that it lies in a region with a name which sounds cacophonic to English-speakers like it's freaking 2003 and everyone in the US is still drunk on images of Bush II standing in front of "Mission accomplished!" banners[*] sounds completely hollow to my ears.

[*] And the whole thing was clearly added to the comic book not as a parody but to show how badass the two characters were, make no mistake! Because apparently if it's two Lesbians, of which one is a minority, who act according to the tenets of jingoism, macho culture and neoconservatism -- then it's completely OK for Mr. Rucka! :eyeroll:
    I like Rucka and Ennis and Phoenix' performance but Todd Phillips rubs me the wrong way. You are probably referring to Old Guard and so far I haven't read it but I love Gotham Central and Stumptown.

https://www.culturechatpodcast.com/gregrucka6/starts at 01:08
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 03-01-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash casts Jordan Fisher as Bart Allen, a.k.a. DC superhero Impulse:

Barry and Iris are receiving another visit from their future offspring — but this time around, it's their son!

To All the Boys: P.S. I Love You star Jordan Fisher is joining The Flash in the recurring guest-star role of Bart Allen, a.k.a. the speedster Impulse, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris' (Candice Patton) son from the future. His first appearances on the show will coincide with the 150th episode airing later this season.

"Bart is the fastest teenager on the planet," according to the official character description. "But due to Bart's penchant for wildly impulsive behavior, stunned parents Barry and Iris will have their hands full trying to teach their new son patience. But it's a task they'll have to accomplish, in order for their family to work together and stop Team Flash's biggest threat yet!"

Source: https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-jordan-f...allen-impulse/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-30-2021 at 11:56 AM.

The hair says he's Impulse. I see it, I believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post

Yeah, his Lois Lane comic turned me off his writing, some off the cuff foreign political thing that showed his absolute lack of knowledge and jingoism, but was printed.

Oh nice. 150 episodes? Wow, Flash has been going on for a while (I stopped after S3 or so).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash casts Jordan Fisher as Bart Allen, a.k.a. DC superhero Impulse:

Barry and Iris are receiving another visit from their future offspring — but this time around, it's their son!

To All the Boys: P.S. I Love You star Jordan Fisher is joining The Flash in the recurring guest-star role of Bart Allen, a.k.a. the speedster Impulse, Barry (Grant Gustin) and Iris' (Candice Patton) son from the future. His first appearances on the show will coincide with the 150th episode airing later this season.

"Bart is the fastest teenager on the planet," according to the official character description. "But due to Bart's penchant for wildly impulsive behavior, stunned parents Barry and Iris will have their hands full trying to teach their new son patience. But it's a task they'll have to accomplish, in order for their family to work together and stop Team Flash's biggest threat yet!"

Source: https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-jordan-f...allen-impulse/
    I was wondering if we'd ever get Impulse, but I thought they were subbing Nora in for his role.

I wish he was still their grandkid.