Page 236 of 245 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3666
  1. #3526
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You know, I'll always be a fan of DC animation and I don't want to do the whole "back in my day" boomer thing, but man, things today just don't compare.

    Pretty much everyone agrees cartoons these days are terrible lol. The reason why is simple: kids aren’t watching them anymore. They’re playing Fortnite and other video games instead of watching cartoons. So the budgets have been slashed.

  2. #3527
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees cartoons these days are terrible lol. The reason why is simple: kids aren’t watching them anymore. They’re playing Fortnite and other video games instead of watching cartoons. So the budgets have been slashed.
    The best cartoons seem to end up on streaming service, although there's still some good stuff on cable (at least from my perspective).

  3. #3528
    Astonishing Member Triple J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    3,554

    Default

    Yeah, it's unfortunate Maybe we will get some good stuff through HBO Max.

    WB could also look into expanding into other markets..and maybe make animated stuff primarily targeting other nations (depends though; I am not entirely sure how big streaming is elsewhere, compared to say traditional TV).

    Heck they could just re-air 90s DC animated stuff and still attract more young fans.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

    That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

    This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

    Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

  4. #3529
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees cartoons these days are terrible lol. The reason why is simple: kids aren’t watching them anymore. They’re playing Fortnite and other video games instead of watching cartoons. So the budgets have been slashed.
    No, Cartoons are not worse these days. It only seems that way because you only remember the good stuff from when you were a kid.

    Over all, there' not good stuff being made to today than bad

  5. #3530
    Astonishing Member phantom1592's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees cartoons these days are terrible lol. The reason why is simple: kids aren’t watching them anymore. They’re playing Fortnite and other video games instead of watching cartoons. So the budgets have been slashed.
    That's not true at all.

    I mean.. yeah, they're mostly terrible, but it's not because kids don't watch them. If anything its' the quality and distribution of the shows. I know kids that have gone absolutely nuts over shows like Star Wars Rebels, Voltron Legendary defender and even the new Ducktales.

    The problem is they pump so much money into MAKING the shows now that they don't make very many. It's hard to get really worked about a season that is maybe 12 episodes long and may only come out 3 episodes at a time or worse all at once.

    'When I was young...' New cartoons were on EVERY Day... and more so on Saturday mornings. There were 60+ episodes a season and we didn't have binging and dvr at the touch of a button. It was 'Be here at 3:30pm or maybe catch a rerun in 6 weeks... or maybe never...' Our lives revolved around 'the schedule'.

    Now Voltron drops a new 8 episode season, the kids watch it all in an afternoon... get really excited and talk about it for a day or two.... and by the weekend have moved onto something else. Until a new season drops in 10 months. Then it's all they talk about for another weekend... but then move on.

    Kids still watch, they still love them... but the content isnt' there for them to obsess over like we did.

  6. #3531
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Yeah, it's unfortunate Maybe we will get some good stuff through HBO Max.

    WB could also look into expanding into other markets..and maybe make animated stuff primarily targeting other nations (depends though; I am not entirely sure how big streaming is elsewhere, compared to say traditional TV).

    Heck they could just re-air 90s DC animated stuff and still attract more young fans.
    Well, they already have their 90's cartoons on DC Universe so I wouldn't be surprised to see them "share."

    Ironically Beware the Batman is the only Batman cartoon not on DC Universe but it is on HBOMax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    No, Cartoons are not worse these days. It only seems that way because you only remember the good stuff from when you were a kid.

    Over all, there' not good stuff being made to today than bad
    I think Superhero cartoons were objectively better back when I was a kid, at least looking at modern Marvel cartoons.

  7. #3532
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,261

    Default

    Static Shock turns 20 this year.

    Let that sink in.

    Static turns 27 this month.

  8. #3533
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    DINO-SAUCERS! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNNN! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUUUN! DUN! DUN!
    DINO-SAUUUUUUUCEEERRRS!!!


  9. #3534
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    DINO-SAUCERS! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUNNN! DUN-DUN-DUN-DUUUN! DUN! DUN!
    DINO-SAUUUUUUUCEEERRRS!!!

    Sony owns them and Lion Forge has the comic rights in a story that needs a part two.

    Unless Dc got a hold of them.

  10. #3535
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Static Shock turns 20 this year.

    Let that sink in.

    Static turns 27 this month.
    Happy anniversary Static .

  11. #3536
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    When are we getting the Jonah Hex western we deserve? It would make a great TV series, especially since they have HBOMAX now.
    Reading list: Far Sector (DC), Marauders (Marvel), X-Force (Marvel), X-Men (Marvel), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Venom (Marvel), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Killadelphia (Image), Bitter Root (Image), Black Hammer: Age of Doom (Darkhorse)

  12. #3537
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees cartoons these days are terrible lol. The reason why is simple: kids aren’t watching them anymore. They’re playing Fortnite and other video games instead of watching cartoons. So the budgets have been slashed.
    The cartoons are terrible but i'm also older and look for different things in shows than I did when I was little, the landscape has also drastically different. There's a reason cartoons look like Steven Universe now instead of the action junkie series that came out in the 90's and early 2000's.
    Reading list: Far Sector (DC), Marauders (Marvel), X-Force (Marvel), X-Men (Marvel), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Venom (Marvel), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Killadelphia (Image), Bitter Root (Image), Black Hammer: Age of Doom (Darkhorse)

  13. #3538
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    When are we getting the Jonah Hex western we deserve? It would make a great TV series, especially since they have HBOMAX now.
    I didn't even know I wanted this, buy damn it I do now.

    Can't believe they got his film so wrong though...

  14. #3539
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    51,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    When are we getting the Jonah Hex western we deserve? It would make a great TV series, especially since they have HBOMAX now.
    Well, there was that Jonah Hex DC Showcase short...

  15. #3540
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    When are we getting the Jonah Hex western we deserve? It would make a great TV series, especially since they have HBOMAX now.
    Lol. He guest stars on Legends of Tomorrow sometimes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •