Page 673 of 695 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Godzilla vs. Kong came out even earlier than SS did and it did better.
    At what cost That lawsuit from
    Legendary get resolved

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Katana looks like a teenage girl.
    Anime ages you down .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh my God they turned Flag into a twink.

On hand Katana is more Ayer movie synergy, but on the other hand it is cool to see her in an anime
    Flag looks like such a chump that I think there's a high percent chance he bites it quick.

Maybe they should get Taylor to write a terrible tie-in comic that people can pretend is good.

Worked for Injustice.
    In Injustice's defense, the game was actually good. And yes, Superman's characterization there was divisive as hell, but at the very least you could get the "why" of it, and the game itself made it clear he was in the absolute wrong there.
    That's something we cannot say about SSKJL at all, with things like the "piss" and everything else there.

Also,Taylor tie-in comics were actually good. While the guy isnt perfect (he cant write endings for his own books to save his life, among some other little things), he puts a lot of heart on the characterizations, and makes really memorable scenes/moments/issues.
    i.e: Injustice's The Man of Yesterday, For the Man who lost Everything, World's Finest, Year 4 annual, and the entirely of Year 2 were among the best I've seen from him

Katana looks like a teenage girl.
    I can't say I like the look, but for other reasons. Definitely reads "youthful asian" but not necessarily "teen". This art is appropriate for a woman in her 20s.

feels too much "Hot Topic" mall rat to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    At what cost That lawsuit from
    Legendary get resolved
    That has literally nothing to do with why SS performed worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    In Injustice's defense, the game was actually good. And yes, Superman's characterization there was divisive as hell, but at the very least you could get the "why" of it, and the game itself made it clear he was in the absolute wrong there.
    That's something we cannot say about SSKJL at all, with things like the "piss" and everything else there.

Also,Taylor tie-in comics were actually good. While the guy isnt perfect (he cant write endings for his own books to save his life, among some other little things), he puts a lot of heart on the characterizations, and makes really memorable scenes/moments/issues.
    i.e: Injustice's The Man of Yesterday, For the Man who lost Everything, World's Finest, Year 4 annual, and the entirely of Year 2 were among the best I've seen from him
    Nah, only thing Injustice's got going for it is that it's a decent fighting game.

As a story, it's garbage and only reason it didn't get the backlash SS is getting is because it worships at the alter of Bat-God.

Nah, only thing Injustice's got going for it is that it's a decent fighting game.

As a story, it's garbage and only reason it didn't get the backlash SS is getting is because it worships at the alter of Bat-God.
    Also voice acting.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Saw this on twitter and made me laugh:

13yr old Bruce

14 yr old Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

13yr old Bruce

14 yr old Clark
    Ha! This is hilarious .

Mighty Member

Regardless of Gotham's faults, I always liked that the audience got to see age-accurate actors grow and change throughout the series. Unless you're Ivy, of course.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Regardless of Gotham's faults, I always liked that the audience got to see age-accurate actors grow and change throughout the series. Unless you're Ivy, of course.
    It did make his gradual growth into being more Batman-like and maturing feel more real and genuine.

I feel bad they straight up recast Selina for the time-skip though (even though the person they got was good).

Extraordinary Member

That has literally nothing to do with why SS performed worse.

Yes being smacked in the middle of Covid was

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yes being smacked in the middle of Covid was
    So if you're just gonna repeat yourself, so will I.

GvK, F9, A Quiet Place, Dune, and Black Widow all performed better and came out earlier. And three of those listed are also WB releases.

Ok a whole week has pass with Suicide Squad Kill the Justice and it is by count a disastrous flop

concurrently it has 5,033 PC player since ~30 min as of typing but it now checking dropping, All-time peak 13,459 . That is absolutely pathetic number when compare to to every other Arkham series game + Gotham knights

it flopped.jpg

Fallout 76 had a peak of 15,081 players

Overwatch 2 all time peak 75,361 & currently have 23,160 players

Anthem is estimated to have 20,000 players a day

Arkham Knight currently doing 4,489

I have to judge them with these games because they currently have 2% of players Baldur's Gate 3, 0.893% Dota 2 has, 0.576% players Counter Strike has currently. Console player i can't find hard evidence more just hearsay or early predictions that it not doing great on that front as well

it got so bad it dropped to 2,102 players yesterday. For those don't know when Marvel Avengers upon launch suffer a 96% player exodus they landed 3,260 players with a month before it completely died & the wakanda DLC came out spike ~10,000 before dying again

On reviews they sit a 59.0 on Metacritic & a 3.8 user score. IGN gave them a 5/10 & nothing good on the youtube side as Mostcritical, Whatculture, MR.Mattyplays, Kevduit, Zanny, Angry Joe, Asmangold, Skill up and more do not recommend this game

this game this isn't just dead on arrival it's rotting on arrival

What hilarious is that from what i see in youtube comment is that they rather wanted Rocksteady make them this Justice league a game as aside from all those vitriolic middle fingers to them they actually made them likable in the ARGUS recording and Hall of Justice which just make the Squad look more insufferable and unlikable with gamers
    JLA.jpg
    I just astounded by WB & Rocksteady belief that piss off Superman, Green lantern, Wonder woman (tho some of them are have a weird time), flash & BATMAN!! fans to shill for suicide squad fans?!?!? I honestly hoped this would now deter DC from ever touching the New 52 Suicide squad IP for a while now that movie & game flooped

unless any more spectacular **** up happen i'm done talking about this trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It also had to deal with WB's dual streaming/theater release. Which I'm not saying that killed it, but it certainly didn't help.

Amusingly its finally box office was 168.7 million, a shy 20 million from its 180 million budget. Which not that completely horrible.

Also with Birds of Prey, I've seen people say it actually had great legs but when it released that was when Covid first happened, meaning its legs got cut. At least thats what I've seen from fans of the movie.
    It's run was cut short, but that's no excuse. Sonic the Hedgehog came out at about the same time so also had it's run cut short. But that film was a hit with a sequel (Sonic 2) already out and another (Sonic 3, which is actually an adaptation of Sonic Adventure 2) and a spin-off TV series (Knuckles) in production.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

13yr old Bruce

14 yr old Clark
    That's so common it's a trope - Dawson Casting. The trope namer is Dawson's Creek, another major example is Power Rangers. Shows often cast people in their early 20s as teenagers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Ok a whole week has pass with Suicide Squad Kill the Justice and it is by count a disastrous flop

concurrently it has 5,033 PC player since ~30 min as of typing but it now checking dropping, All-time peak 13,459 . That is absolutely pathetic number when compare to to every other Arkham series game + Gotham knights

it flopped.jpg

Fallout 76 had a peak of 15,081 players

Overwatch 2 all time peak 75,361 & currently have 23,160 players

Anthem is estimated to have 20,000 players a day

Arkham Knight currently doing 4,489

I have to judge them with these games because they currently have 2% of players Baldur's Gate 3, 0.893% Dota 2 has, 0.576% players Counter Strike has currently. Console player i can't find hard evidence more just hearsay or early predictions that it not doing great on that front as well

it got so bad it dropped to 2,102 players yesterday. For those don't know when Marvel Avengers upon launch suffer a 96% player exodus they landed 3,260 players with a month before it completely died & the wakanda DLC came out spike ~10,000 before dying again

On reviews they sit a 59.0 on Metacritic & a 3.8 user score. IGN gave them a 5/10 & nothing good on the youtube side as Mostcritical, Whatculture, MR.Mattyplays, Kevduit, Zanny, Angry Joe, Asmangold, Skill up and more do not recommend this game

this game this isn't just dead on arrival it's rotting on arrival

What hilarious is that from what i see in youtube comment is that they rather wanted Rocksteady make them this Justice league a game as aside from all those vitriolic middle fingers to them they actually made them likable in the ARGUS recording and Hall of Justice which just make the Squad look more insufferable and unlikable with gamers
    JLA.jpg
    I just astounded by WB & Rocksteady belief that piss off Superman, Green lantern, Wonder woman (tho some of them are have a weird time), flash & BATMAN!! fans to shill for suicide squad fans?!?!? I honestly hoped this would now deter DC from ever touching the New 52 Suicide squad IP for a while now that movie & game flooped

unless any more spectacular **** up happen i'm done talking about this trainwreck
    It also has two other big GAAS competitors in Helldivers 2 and Palworld. Not surprised if it flopped but we can’t know for sure without console sales info. Usually companies will share sales numbers if they’re good, not a good sign that Rocksteady is keeping mum about that thus far.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/