Page 659 of 693 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Josh Keaton was supposed to voice Damian in the cancelled game, where he was supposed to become the new Batman.
    Apparently the game was cancelled because of leaks (lol).
    That can’t seriously be why they cancelled it can it? I mean we know less about that game then we do SS lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Josh Keaton was supposed to voice Damian in the cancelled game, where he was supposed to become the new Batman.
    I'm surprised they'd even gotten to the point of casting someone.

It's also funny because Josh would've played Dick, Jason, and Damian.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    When they first revealed Wonder Woman, I remember the thinking was she needs to dress like that because she's dealing with a brainwashed League and Brainiac's forces.

Turns out...no, that's just what she wears in this universe. Despite being, presumably, one of the most powerful heroes, she needs to wear more and thicker armor and gear than non-powered Batman at all times.

Yeah, yeah...."But she's a WARRIOR, and WARRIORS must blah-blah-blah because WARRIOR."
    Well said.

Honestly, Wonder Woman wearing armour is stupid. For a definitive explanation on what her outfit should look like watch this- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2uzuLkGhY

Short version, WW is meant to champion peace, compassion and forgiveness. Wearing armour presents an aggressive image, like she expects a fight. That is completely at odds with what she stands for.

Sure when there's a major threat, then bust out the armour, sword, shield etc. But it shouldn't be her standard attire.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 01-23-2024 at 11:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Well said.

Honestly, Wonder Woman wearing armour is stupid. For a definitive explanation on what her outfit should look like watch this- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2uzuLkGhY

Short version, WW is meant to champion peace, compassion and forgiveness. Wearing armour presents an aggressive image, like she expects a fight. That is completely at odds with what she stands for.

Sure when there's a major threat, then bust out the armour, sword, shield etc. But it shouldn't be her standard attire.
    Plus from a visual perspective it looks overtly cluttered and busy.

Its the same issue with having Flash or Superman wearing armor. Sometimes less is more as the design philosophy goes.

Extraordinary Member

I have to agree. The animated adaptation of The Judas Contract was absolutely abysmal. I also agree that the reason for that is because it was forced to already be a part of this already incredibly flawed universe as opposed to just being it's own thing like the movies before it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

I had no idea it had gotten as far as voice acting. I thought it didn't go past the concept art. It would've been fun to hear Josh Keaton as another comic book hero.

As for the cancellation reason, Jason Schreier confirms that's not the reason it was cancelled. Keaton even admits he assumed due to the timing of the leaks and cancellation.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I have to agree. The animated adaptation of The Judas Contract was absolutely abysmal. I also agree that the reason for that is because it was forced to already be a part of this already incredibly flawed universe as opposed to just being it's own thing like the movies before it.
    I don't think that really would have mattered to be honest. The shared universe did a better take on Death/Return than the standalone version did.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think that really would have mattered to be honest.
    IDK, the inclusion of Damien pretty grating. And the lack of Donna was also annoying. Plus, the character designs and overall generic look of the entire universe certainly didn't help matters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

IDK, the inclusion of Damien pretty grating. And the lack of Donna was also annoying. Plus, the character designs and overall generic look of the entire universe certainly didn't help matters.
    Oh, I would love more Donna, though I thought they used Kory in her role pretty well (while still being Kory).

I thought the designs were pretty on-point (red Nigthwing kind of standing out a little).

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I would love more Donna, though I thought they used Kory in her role pretty well (while still being Kory).

I thought the designs were pretty on-point (red Nigthwing kind of standing out a little).
    When they first announced the project before the shared universe was announced/premiered, I was actually super pumped about it because I thought it would be in it's own unique universe the way the other adaptations were. I found this particular universe particularly lacking and the fact that this story was a part of it, only cemented my disappointment.

When they first announced the project before the shared universe was announced/premiered, I was actually super pumped about it because I thought it would be in it's own unique universe the way the other adaptations were. I found this particular universe particularly lacking and the fact that this story was a part of it, only cemented my disappointment.
    But it still felt like a relatively faithful and accurate adaption of the story, especially given even the standalone adaptions had a tendency to change things.

Extraordinary Member

But it still felt like a relatively faithful and accurate adaption of the story, especially given even the standalone adaptions had a tendency to change things.
    Not to the extent that this one did. It was practically unrecognizable.

Yeah, Judas Contract was one of the first DC original animated movies ever announced. It was supposed to come out around the same time as Superman Doomsday. And back then, given the level of quality with the DC animated films, we would have gotten a far more comic accurate version.

Regardless of whether people like them, and whether they are good or not, when all these movies have the same art style and changes are made so they can fit into a shared universe, they don't stand out and they don't stand on their own, and they can't be companion pieces to the work. The Judas Contract movie is too far removed from the source material to be paired with it, which is a shame. An actual Judas Contract movie adaptation, with all of Dick's development especially, would be amazing. And I feel the same about these Crisis films.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Not to the extent that this one did. It was practically unrecognizable.
    How? It basically played out the same way minus Jericho and Adelaide showing up and Dick being Nighting and subbing in a few different members.

It was arguably more faithful than the 2003 adaption.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Yeah, Judas Contract was one of the first DC original animated movies ever announced. It was supposed to come out around the same time as Superman Doomsday. And back then, given the level of quality with the DC animated films, we would have gotten a far more comic accurate version.

Regardless of whether people like them, and whether they are good or not, when all these movies have the same art style and changes are made so they can fit into a shared universe, they don't stand out and they don't stand on their own, and they can't be companion pieces to the work. The Judas Contract movie is too far removed from the source material to be paired with it, which is a shame. An actual Judas Contract movie adaptation, with all of Dick's development especially, would be amazing. And I feel the same about these Crisis films.
    I think the movie even as a standalone entry is a good showing of Dick's development and maturation as a hero even if it didn't feature him becoming Nightwing in that respective film.

I also think Death/Reign for sure works as a companion to the actual Death/Reign comics.