Page 642 of 695 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652692 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 10421

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The only reason they were there is because limited in who could be used as they do with a lot of their stuff.

Young Justice is not Teen Titans. Aside from Robin, Bart and Conner-have the rest of the Peter David era of members been seen?
    Cassie is a significant part of the show. Off the top of my head, they also featured Arrowette, Secret, Harm, Lagoon Boy, and Red Tornado, if you want to include him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Flash is likely down for a while
    GL is about to get its second chance after its disasters film
    The legion of superheroes animated show never cultivated as large or loyal a fanbase as the other DC shows at that time
    Opportunities have been given they just have to materialize into somthing that proves DC should go further with it.
    Other brands that had one opportunity were not allowed to fail. Suicide Squad can fail and still be pushed.
    Last edited by Drako; 12-02-2023 at 05:06 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cassie is a significant part of the show. Off the top of my head, they also featured Arrowette, Secret, Harm, Lagoon Boy, and Red Tornado, if you want to include him.

Other brands that had one opportunity were not allowed to fail. Suicide Squad can fail and still be pushed.
    Well yeah SS is headlined with Harley if not for her the brand would not be where it is. And yes it’s not fair but it’s not gonna change.

There was no way they were going to do an anime SS without Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There was no way they were going to do an anime SS without Harley.
    And I don’t mind her being the anchor for the team… but can’t we switch the lineup some more? Really boring how’s it’s the same roster over and over again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The only reason they were there is because limited in who could be used as they do with a lot of their stuff.

Young Justice is not Teen Titans. Aside from Robin, Bart and Conner-have the rest of the Peter David era of members been seen?
    I don't recall it ever being stated Starfire and Raven couldn't show up due to higher-ups.

Weisman has stated more than once they couldn't use Wonder Girl in season one, and that's the only iconic Titans characters that couldn't be used.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Surprised you missed Cassie who was a pretty major character in season 2. Secret had a single episode. Arrowette later showed up as well. It's only Empress and Slobo who went unused.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And I don’t mind her being the anchor for the team… but can’t we switch the lineup some more? Really boring how’s it’s the same roster over and over again.
    I'm surprised Young Justice got away with a Harley-less Suicide Squad. Come to think of it, only Captain Boomerang was a well-known member and Black Manta had some history. Everyone else (Monsieur Mallah, Brick, Tuppence Terror) was recurring to the show.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This time they've got Peacemaker and Clayface .
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'm surprised Young Justice got away with a Harley-less Suicide Squad. Come to think of it, only Captain Boomerang was a well-known member and Black Manta had some history. Everyone else (Monsieur Mallah, Brick, Tuppence Terror) was recurring to the show.
    Considering their take on Joker I don't know if I want to see their take on Harley. Would they have reused Tara Strong as her for the umpteenth time?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I like that, I appreciate YJ for giving other villains their fair share of spotlights

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I like that, I appreciate YJ for giving other villains their fair share of spotlights
    Of course sometimes they repeated the same villains a little bit too much at times...and the Light really wore out their welcome by the end in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its funny to think that Young Justice and My Adventures With Superman feature the only line-up of the Suicide Squad in modern memory without Harley.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its funny to think that Young Justice and My Adventures With Superman feature the only line-up of the Suicide Squad in modern memory without Harley.
    You're forgetting the Suicide Squad from the Harley Quinn animated show. Harley of course is the lead of her show but in this universe, she isn't part of the Suicide Squad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    You're forgetting the Suicide Squad from the Harley Quinn animated show. Harley of course is the lead of her show but in this universe, she isn't part of the Suicide Squad.
    Amanda Waller is trying to get her to join obvi she can’t that would impede her stories. In fact it’s the same reason she not on the team now.

Yeah, they heel face turned her and she's now a Bat family ally. Maybe Punchline, who was introduced as a replacement sidekick for Joker, could take her place on the Squad?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They may be the same to you but they are two seperate shows. Its like saying that Batman/SUperman/JL/JLU/BB are all one show. They exist in the same universe. JLU is a spin off of JL, released on its own.

YJ is not a Titans show. Its not named anything Titans. Not promoted as anything Titans. 95% of the DC universe showed up in YJ.
    The continued off of each other. Same character models, same voice actors means same show.

Young Justice is a Titans show in all but name only. I mean it’s quite telling that outside of the YJ4, the other characters that were used are Titans and have never been a part of YJ. Dick? Wally? M’gann? Kaldur? Jaime? Bumblebee? Mal? Beast Boy? Cyborg? Terra? When have they ever been a part of YJ? Secret only had one episode. Arrowette was an afterthought in the last season. There was no Slobo or Empress either. May have been too late in production but Amethyst, Ginny, Teen Lantern and Sideways didn’t show up either.

Like I said, only Titans missing were Starfire and Raven
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!