Page 306 of 693 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not like we needed further confirmation but spoilers:
    Flash and Green Arrow show up in a TLH post credit scene. We’re definitely getting a JL movie where the team comes together for the first time in this new shared universe. Wonder what story they’ll draw on for it?
    end of spoilers
    Definitely not surprised, also not really all that enthused either. They haven't really made anything to excite me much lately, so I'm just kind of hanging on for their outside-of-continuity films mostly.

It was expected and sort of already confirmed anyway, but it's good to see this clearly won't be a 7 member JL team. Seems like even from the start this would have a lot more members than we usually get in animation. As someone who's long been tired of the usual "Big 7" approach, I'd gladly welcome a JL roster that's more reminiscent of Young Justice rather than the first 2 seasons of Justice League.

5-7 is usually the ideal number of characters for a group. JLU and YJ can get away with massive rosters because they are serialized shows. A movie would have trouble juggling 10-15 characters and doing right by all of them.

Most of those animated movies don't try to do right by all of the heroes or tell more personal stories unless it's about a standalone character anyway, plus they've been doing the 7 member thing pretty much from the get-go so it's no surprise if they'd want to have a bit of a different approach now.

I don't mind a different approach just pointing out why 7 is the go-to number.

Winston Duke (M'baku from Black Panther) will voice Batman/Bruce Wayne is David S Goyer's 'Batman Unburied' podcast along with Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy, General Zhao) as Alfred.

More details here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...st-1234988336/

Duke will star as Bruce Wayne, with Harry Potter actor Jason Isaacs joining as Alfred, Batman’s trusty butler. No other castings have yet been announced, but Spotify is sharing new plot details about the podcast, which is described as a psychological thriller that dives into the mind of Bruce Wayne and features dark twists and classic Batman villains.

Here’s the logline: “When audiences meet Bruce Wayne he is a forensic pathologist, working in the bowels of Gotham Hospital and tasked with examining the victims of The Harvester, a gruesome serial killer preying on Gotham’s citizens. Not only will the superhero be forced to face his own mental demons, but he will also have to overcome them in order to save the citizens of Gotham as his alter-ego Batman.”

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not like we needed further confirmation but spoilers:
    Flash and Green Arrow show up in a TLH post credit scene. We’re definitely getting a JL movie where the team comes together for the first time in this new shared universe. Wonder what story they’ll draw on for it?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Green Arrow is unexpected. Pairing him and Barry together seems like an Arrowverse reference.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Winston Duke (M'baku from Black Panther) will voice Batman/Bruce Wayne is David S Goyer's 'Batman Unburied' podcast along with Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy, General Zhao) as Alfred.

More details here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...st-1234988336/
    So a Batman story where Bruce Wayne actually became a doctor like his dad? Huh.

Reminds me of this cool Elseworlds 'Batman of Arkham Asylum' set in 1900 where Bruce Wayne worked as a psychiatrist trying to rehabilitate the criminals of Gotham:

Its a cool story and I wish they would adapt it one of these days.

Incredible Member

Part of Sneak Peek of Injustice has already leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Part of Sneak Peek of Injustice has already leaked
    So it has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Trailer will be available in a few weeks

Spectacular Member

Justin Hartley (Former Aquaman and Green Arrow), interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would only make sense for Hal to be in it since he's part of the core story, but it seems like they might be race-bending Catwoman to black again despite her being white in the games. Not that Anika Noni Rose has to be playing to her race, but they keep adapting Catwoman as black that I wouldn't be surprised.
    Some folks posted pics of Selina from the Injustice sneak peek, and seems like you were right, she isn't.

https://twitter.com/thebestofbatcat/...22523611336705

Last edited by Johnny; 07-28-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Some folks posted pics of Selina from the Injustice sneak peek, and seems like you were right, she isn't.

Good to have that confirmed .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Anika Noni Rose is most famous for voicing Princess Tiana in Disney's The Princess and the Frog. This isn't her first DC role. She previously voiced Kuasa, Mari's older sister (who seeks to obtain the Totem for herself) in the Vixen animated web series on the CW Seed.
    Her voices as Tiana are Kuasa are different. In Kuasa's case, she uses an African accent, while in Tiana's case she uses a Southern African-American accent. I'm impressed. I can't wait to hear her voice as Selina. She will probably even use her own voice.