Page 281 of 693 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 10394
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Yeah, no one. Many here have been suggesting other pre-existing black Superman-like characters like Steel or Icon as alternatives to Warners unnecessary race-swapping.
    While I'd prefer that as well, maybe if this one does well other non-race swapped/PoC characters will get movies too.

But for now, this is what we're getting and it doesn't have to be and either/or situation. We can have white Superman in continuity movies and black Superman out of continuity movies. And Static, Steel, Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger, Cyborg, Icon, Vixen, Nubia movies.

Is the idea that people have that this movie existing prevents a PoC movie or white Superman movie from being greenlit, produced and released? Because I don't think that's the case.

Lol @ "race-swapping" being used for alien characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think what their plan is we're most likely going to see a few different versions of the same characters for the next "Phase" of the DCEU. Black Superman, Latina Supergirl, Keaton, Affleck and Pattinson as Batman, I imagine when Gadot is done with WW they would bring in Yara afterwards, with the occasional Shazam or Blue Beetle flick. Isn't there a female-led Plastic Man movie in development too now? It does kind of feel like a gimmick and I wish they'd stop trying to chase that Marvel dough and failing at it, but maybe this strategy could finally work for them.
    I think their plan was "Look, the MCU made a billion dollars with Black Panther! Quick, do we have a comparable character like that? **** it, let's just make Superman a black guy!"

I'm not being cheeky either, I truly believe the suits at WB are that braindead that their thoughts are that shallow and cringey.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think their plan was "Look, the MCU made a billion dollars with Black Panther! Quick, do we have a comparable character like that? **** it, let's just make Superman a black guy!"

I'm not being cheeky either, I truly believe the suits at WB are that braindead that their thoughts are that shallow and cringey.
    Nah if they were thinking like that we would have had a vixen mini series by now they have no intrest

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Nah if they were thinking like that we would have had a vixen mini series by now they have no intrest
    Nah - Vixen isn't a known name like Superman. You're thinking that trying to capture Black Panther's success would involve them trying to push their POC characters, but WB is too lazy and creatively bankrupt for that. Changing Superman's race, now that's the success to catching up to Black Panther! Or so WB thinks...

The only surprise in any of this is that it's apparently not going to be set in the DCEU. I honestly would've bet that it would be.

Extraordinary Member

Nah - Vixen isn't a known name like Superman. You're thinking that trying to capture Black Panther's success would involve them trying to push their POC characters, but WB is too lazy and creatively bankrupt for that. Changing Superman's race, now that's the success to catching up to Black Panther! Or so WB thinks...

The only surprise in any of this is that it's apparently not going to be set in the DCEU. I honestly would've bet that it would be.
    Black panther wasn’t a known name until they made it one

Black Superman is no shortcut to a black panther type film, I think they are experimenting with somthing like they did with Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Black panther wasn’t a known name until they made it one

Black Superman is no shortcut to a black panther type film, I think they are experimenting with somthing like they did with Joker
    Sure, Black Panther wasn't a known name - but the decision to go through with a Black Panther movie came from Disney and Marvel Studios executives, not Warner Brothers. And for all the faults I could level at Disney and Marvel Studios, the past decade has really proven that they're far smarter, wiser, and better at this thing called "planning" than their WB counterparts.

You might think that they're just experimenting here like they did with Joker. You might think that this isn't just a move to chase Marvel's success with Black Panther. But you also give them far, far, FAR more credit than I'm willing to give them. I think they lucked into Nolan and The Dark Knight trilogy, they lucked into Phillps and the Joker movie, and they've seemed to luck into Reeves and The Batman. While the DCEU shows what we get when they don't luck into a great creative and make all their own decisions - mostly they chase after the MCU with little success.

I just wish that one day they'll luck into a fun Superman movie...

Astonishing Member

Anybody have any idea if there are plans for Injustice 3?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Officially? No clue. Unofficially? Safe bet they'll tease it at Fandome.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Officially? No clue. Unofficially? Safe bet they'll tease it at Fandome.
    Yeah, I'd say it's a safe bet. They're pretty much done with the latest MK game.

I wonder if Injustice 3 will be next gen console exclusive. It’s still ridiculously hard to find a PS5 and reports say that it will continue to be scarce until at least mid 2022.

But if they announce Injustice this year it may not be released until 2023.

I just hope Blue Beetle makes the roster again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Lol @ "race-swapping" being used for alien characters.
    Well he's still White-coded

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder if Injustice 3 will be next gen console exclusive. It’s still ridiculously hard to find a PS5 and reports say that it will continue to be scarce until at least mid 2022.

But if they announce Injustice this year it may not be released until 2023.

I just hope Blue Beetle makes the roster again.
    With his movie coming soon, he most likely will. For that reason I also fully expect Static and Zatanna to be playable. Though current rumors say were getting Marvel vs DC... don’t know if Jaime would make the list for a game like that considering you’d have to split between the two companies

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Well he's still White-coded
    He may not be Caucasian but he’s white lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He may not be Caucasian but he’s white lol.
    Wait, I thought Caucasian meant white.