Page 605 of 693 FirstFirst ... 105505555595601602603604605606607608609615655 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully this works out better than the DC Universe show did.
    The show was great, only problem is they canceled it.

Extraordinary Member

Stay in budget?

Wrote this for the finale of Gotham Knights:

I get everyone hated this show because no Batman, no big name villains, and no suits - but honestly it was a good show, far better than it had any right being. Watched it with my mom and we enjoyed it. Hate it's over. Hope the cast finds work again and soon. Especially for the actors who played Cullen and Robin. Cullen for being the best actor of the young cast and Robin for being 2nd best imo, plus not gonna lie I just think she's cute alright.

Misha Collins as Harvey Dent on this show is now my favorite Two Face outside the comics - and I'm talking for both live action and animation here, spectacularly done and I hate we only got to see him scarred face and deciding life and death with a coin toss at the end. If I had the money for it I'd hire him for a fan film myself just to get a short or something of his Two Face vs Batman. I get that we're never getting a Batman series proper because film embargoes, and I get as good of an actor he is he's not a big enough name for the films, but they got the perfect Harvey here and hate that's gonna go to waste.

Incredible Member

Mangold isn't exactly the hottest director right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Mangold isn't exactly the hottest director right now.
    Indiana Jones may be a bigger flop than the Flash which is nuts. Still I’d like to think that Indians Jones flopping has more to do with it stating a geriatric Ford who is simply far too old to be Indy than Mangold. They never should have greenlit the movie in the first place. Hopefully Mangold gets a chance because I think a budget of $90 million for Swmap Thing could be a great investment.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Indiana Jones may be a bigger flop than the Flash which is nuts. Still I’d like to think that Indians Jones flopping has more to do with it stating a geriatric Ford who is simply far too old to be Indy than Mangold. They never should have greenlit the movie in the first place. Hopefully Mangold gets a chance because I think a budget of $90 million for Swmap Thing could be a great investment.
    That's true. I suppose there's a bit general franchise fatigue going right now, this summer has been absolutely brutal to most tentpoles other than Spider-Verse (even before that GOTG, while very healthy, did less than predictions). That being said, Indy's reviews are also somewhat lukewarm, which I guess falls on mangold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Stay in budget?
    Probably won't have quite the budget issues the show did, yeah.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    That's true. I suppose there's a bit general franchise fatigue going right now, this summer has been absolutely brutal to most tentpoles other than Spider-Verse (even before that GOTG, while very healthy, did less than predictions). That being said, Indy's reviews are also somewhat lukewarm, which I guess falls on mangold.
    GOTG performed fantastic a billion isnt so common anymore

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From what I heard of prior reactions, the main problem with the new Indy film is that its nothing more than one big nostalgia piece. Its just filled with constant callbacks and references to past films instead of trying to tell a competent standalone story.

Which sounds like something that hopefully won't be an issue for his Swamp-Thing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    From what I heard of prior reactions, the main problem with the new Indy film is that its nothing more than one big nostalgia piece. Its just filled with constant callbacks and references to past films instead of trying to tell a competent standalone story.
    See the thing is that that really isn't the case for the film at all. There are, at most, a handful of offhand references and the story itself has almost nothing to do with prior films.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Looks to be more like the adventures of Joker and Harley, with Suicide Squad in the title for branding purposes

Huh man putting Harley in 2011 line-up really did lead to a decline for the franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    See the thing is that that really isn't the case for the film at all. There are, at most, a handful of offhand references and the story itself has almost nothing to do with prior films.
    Ah so the issues are due to other problems

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Really? I've always wanted to see an anime based on DC heroes, but Suicide Squad!? I have the impression that it's DC, Warner has spent a lot of money trying to make them the most famous team in the company, I mean, the Titans have always been more popular but they don't earn as many things as the suicide squad

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Which sounds like something that hopefully won't be an issue for his Swamp-Thing.
    I disagree, it isn't filled with constant callbacks and references and it doesn't feel like nostalgia bait. It's just boring as hell. It doesn't have the magic of the first 3 movies and the action sequences in them, it's a CGI-infested theme park ride. The movie proved that without Spielberg at the helm there is no Indiana Jones
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them