Page 347 of 693 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It's a bit of an imperfect science trying to distinguish between a solo movie with supporting characters and an ensemble movie, but I would definitely classify Flashpoint as a Flash movie, moreso than Death and Return of Superman would be classified as a Superman movie.
    Really? Because I would classify it the other way entirely. Death and Return were definitely Superman movies while Flashpoint was a Flash/Batman movie at the very least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Not a great last few years for DC executives and show runners
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Why do so many people defend studios when actors post their grievances about what happened on set?

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Why do so many people defend studios when actors post their grievances about what happened on set?
    Wasn’t Josstice League the only case of actors commenting about negative about their experience on set?

Honestly, I think more directors have talked in depth about their trouble with the studio, not the actors (outside that one movie).
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Astonishing Member

I support a bit of damnatio memoriae at least for comics creators turned EPs who allow crap like this happen

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wasn’t Josstice League the only case of actors commenting about negative about their experience on set?

Honestly, I think more directors have talked in depth about their trouble with the studio, not the actors (outside that one movie).
    Ruby Rose has just spoken about what she experienced on the set of Batwoman on the CW.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Ruby Rose has just spoken about what she experienced on the set of Batwoman on the CW.
    Ah ok.

Unfortunately, film making in general is notorious for having some terrible people in charge of things. Since companies often care about the end results more than the methods by which they use to receive them. Sometimes these people get away with it for years or decades before someone blows the whistle, and then the studio decides to care because the bad press interferes with their money making.

I don’t know how much it has changed overall these past decades, but hopefully people feel more comfortable about coming out about negative behavior so these people will become less common in the industry and maybe one day disappear all together.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I support a bit of damnatio memoriae at least for comics creators turned EPs who allow crap like this happen
    We all know how you feel about Johns
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    We all know how you feel about Johns
    Well yeah. It’s never going to happen, obviously. And Johns was presumably not particularly involved in Batwoman what with Stargirl in production, so I’m probably being unfair even by my standards.

but I’d support if it was a writer I did like

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Well yeah. It’s never going to happen, obviously. And Johns was presumably not particularly involved in Batwoman what with Stargirl in production, so I’m probably being unfair even by my standards.

but I’d support if it was a writer I did like
    If it’s any consolation if Berlanti gets the boot over this then Johns will likely exit with him. He’s only involved in Berlanti’s productions now. But I doubt either will be affected, more likely we’ll see the Batwoman show runners get fired.

Astonishing Member

If it’s any consolation if Berlanti gets the boot over this then Johns will likely exit with him. He’s only involved in Berlanti’s productions now. But I doubt either will be affected, more likely we’ll see the Batwoman show runners get fired.
    I don’t see Johns walking away from Stargirl while it’s still airing, both for personal reasons and because JSA content may well be his ticket back into DC’s good graces (goddamnit all)

As for Berlanti, he’s not really involved in the actual show running so I doubt he’d be effected

Reading some more follow up, yeah the Batwoman show runner is probably going to get fired for this. Show’s ratings were already in the toilet, I wonder if it can survive this?

Well, Ruby didn't call out Johns at all so it seem on-paper who she feels is the most responsible for what happened, and Berlanti is probably more involved on a show-to-show basis aside from the main showrunner (he's the one who came up with the replacement character idea for Batwoman to begin with).

The only thing he seems to be directly involved with 100% is Stargirl.

Really? Because I would classify it the other way entirely. Death and Return were definitely Superman movies while Flashpoint was a Flash/Batman movie at the very least.
    Flash and his villain drives all of the plot of Flashpoint, hile Superman spends a significant portion of Death and Return, well, dead.

Not that I dispute that Death and Return was a Superman move, I just feel like if you think that then it also follows that Flashpoint was a Flash movie

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Flash and his villain drives all of the plot of Flashpoint, hile Superman spends a significant portion of Death and Return, well, dead.

Not that I dispute that Death and Return was a Superman move, I just feel like if you think that then it also follows that Flashpoint was a Flash movie
    He was alive for 99% of Death. I mean, it was all building up to him dying. It wasn't like Superman: Doomsday where they killed him off in the first half.

At least Flashpoint Paradox had The Rogues, Thawne, and Hal.