Page 366 of 693 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376416466 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 10394
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's actually hilarious that Tim debutted before her in YJ, and he's ridicuously sidelined while Cassandra got a plot going on lol.
    And thats why being granted the keys to the kingdom isnt always the best. All these teen heroes (way to many for my liking) that we get a brief introduction to and then are just sidelined. We know nothing about how Tims Robin is different from Dicks Robin in this universe.

I'm still enjoying YJ but some complaints have come up.

-Removing David Cain and Making Shiva the sole terrible parent.
    -Cutting Cass's vocal cords

And in the latest

spoilers:
    Bringing back Xanadu and not making her Nimue. If she is Nimue, it doesn't explain why she was a charlatan in the first place. If it is Nimue then its a step down from how Artemis was adapted and given new stuff for the show.
    end of spoilers
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    And thats why being granted the keys to the kingdom isnt always the best. All these teen heroes (way to many for my liking) that we get a brief introduction to and then are just sidelined.
    To be fair, this is a cartoon about the younger heroes, it's even kinda in the name lol.

Then again, so far in season 4 we're getting focus on the original Team, and they're nearly 30 now...

We know nothing about how Tims Robin is different from Dicks Robin in this universe.
    And the differences we have are personality traits Tim lacks by comparison, like how Dick has the whole "whelmed" thing going on, how he was once annoyed at how Batman was keeping secrets from him, stuff like that, Tim by comparison only briefly had him being nervous about becoming a leader in season 2, and I guess you can say he's a bigger Batman puppet in season 3, but then again, Dick was also a puppet in it so not much of a difference, though at least if you compare the puppet thing with season 1 Dick, then I guess that's another difference but, it both makes Tim look like a yes-man kind of character, and makes Dick into one too so that screws his character lol.

So yeah, the big differences we have of Tim's Robin when compared to Dick's is "Tim is blander", that's obviously not good.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I'm still enjoying YJ but some complaints have come up.

-Removing David Cain and Making Shiva the sole terrible parent.
    At the very least, that gives a better explanation why Cassandra goes by "Orphan" lol.

Though honestly, with Barbara being currently Oracle, Cassandra could be Batgirl.

To be fair, this is a cartoon about the younger heroes, it's even kinda in the name lol.

It is about younger heroes but doesnt necessarily need 100 teen heroes. That's part of what made S1 so successful, there were a handful of teen proteges that we focused on and they were unique.

But they do a good job of playing up the Earth-16 aspect of it all. This isnt the DC universe that we are used to, very close but different enough.

If you are going to adapt Cass and change her, I'd rather this adaption over her Birds of Prey adaption.

It is about younger heroes but doesnt necessarily need 100 teen heroes. That's part of what made S1 so successful, there were a handful of teen proteges that we focused on and they were unique.
    Sure, but there are a lot of teen heroes in DCU, showing a lot of them as being around isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's only a problem if we get cases like Tim, where it looks like he's going to be prominent, but is made redundant by the fact Dick exists and is still active on the Team.

But they do a good job of playing up the Earth-16 aspect of it all. This isnt the DC universe that we are used to, very close but different enough.
    Being "close but different" is one of the problems I have with YJ, 'cause that makes the writers be lazy with the story telling, and we get so much bullshit happening in time skips lol.

Jason is just one of the ridiculous cases this has, he got killed but that isn't given any attention to, you need to know comics to understand why you should remember who that guy is, same thing for Ted as Blue Beetle.

If you are going to adapt Cass and change her, I'd rather this adaption over her Birds of Prey adaption.
    Oh come on, BoP Cassandra is a low standard lol.

Even if I didn't know anything about her, the character in that movie is like everything else, overshadowed by Harley, so she's pretty forgettable, so even without thinking about how much of an awful adaptation she is, again, forgettable 'cause Harley took over the damn movie lol.

Oh come on, BoP Cassandra is a low standard lol.

Even if I didn't know anything about her, the character in that movie is like everything else, overshadowed by Harley, so she's pretty forgettable, so even without thinking about how much of an awful adaptation she is, again, forgettable 'cause Harley took over the damn movie lol.
    It happened in a high profile movie. This was her big introduction to the mainstream audience. At least YJ is far truer to her character even if they took some minor liberties.

Incredible Member

And it seems like YJ Cass has set the stage for adopting the Batgirl mantle at some point, with blessings and guidance from Barbara.

And Wolverine at least has the excuse of being an aggressive ******* and the claws are part of him, Cassandra while trained to be an assassin, again, avoids actually killing or even maiming lol.
    And in the comics it's a big deal how much she tries to avoid or wants to avoid killing.
    Please, if we're talking about beauty standards, the hottest one is Mercury .
    Haughty is hot.
    Yeah the fact she avoided to say it means she likely can transform still.

Hey, maybe YJ is adapting her becoming evil? Y'know, like in Countdown when she became evil for no reason, or when Final Crisis explained that and was explained Desaad possessed her, maybe something like that happened at some point, and might be why she quit being a super hero.
    Mary was a little more aggressive and sassy in the show than I was expecting but I don't think anyone wants to touch evil Mary Marvel.
    Thinking of it, her actual name in YJ is Troia for some reason.

She called Hippolyta "mother" in a season 3 episode, maybe she's an Amazonian here? Could even be the mirror origin, or it's the "adopted by Amazons" origin and Hippolyta raised her.
    Yeah, there's a lot they haven't explained about Donna in the show. Besides not even calling her Donna.
    Whatever it is, it seems they already solved whatever they were doing in Mars, since episode 9's post credits scene shows them on Earth watching Beast Boy's shitty Star Trek rip-off, so maybe Conner is safe.
    Yeah, I don't think they'd be chilling out like that if they'd failed to save Superboy.

Although it does kind of remind you that the Legion are teenagers too, watching retro stuff on cell phones.
    Hey we got episode 8's awesome fight scene at least lol.

But honestly, can't blame them too much, even the New 52 movies struggled with good animation at times, and I'm pretty sure it's because of that art style.

More detailed art styles are just worse for good animation in general, look at Dragon Ball Super, at times the animation was just embarassing, it's only at the very end we got better looking fights with consistency, and it's likely that if they used simpler art style, the fights would look better, and that's something I believe would happen with YJ too, 'cause it's annoying to go back to season 1 and 2 and seeing that more fluid animation and being reminded that we're not getting that with seasons 3 and 4, and while I like the dark fight scene in season 4's episode 8, again, it still has awkwardly stiff moments.
    The studio doing the work and pre-production time is important too. Studio Mir is the best choice to handle the entire season, if no one else.
    Don't you love it when Garfield tells Tim that Cassie is gonna be pissed when she learns of what he did and he just lowers his head in shame without saying anything? Or when, in the same episode, M'Gann and Conner are having an argument but we can't hear it 'cause they're using telepathy? Or when we have Black Lightning sad for the episode and he doesn't say anything, and then Static arrives to support him and he also doesn't say anything? .
    I think my favorite was when they bring up Joan's death in front of Bart and Bart...doesn't say anything but change his expression a little.
    At the very least, Cassandra will never have voice actor issues :P.
    I admit I am kind of bummed that we won't get to see Cass learning to speak like in the comics. That was a big milestone for her character.

I think the show is a little too into depicting her as "cool, mute, ninja girl" at times.
    The slideshows in flashbacks is hilarious and annoying, I like to think that's how characters moved back then, before they evolved to be able to actually move .
    Nothing can be worse than that moment when they fought the Furies and Mantis in season 3.
    I thought she would get more to do since she was among season 3's new characters which they showed the designs, but uh, she showed up in one episode and I'm not even sure if she talked there.

I think Arrowette has more screen time than her, which's kinda depressing since Arrowette is just "Some other arrow character", and that's still more going on for her than what Spoiler has lol.
    Spoiler got to talk in that episode where they fought Clayface and Mad Hatter, but she hasn't really gotten to do much (and Mae Whitman can only marginally differentiate between her Steph and Cassie voice).

Arrowette got more focus in one episode of an arc than she did in the entirety of season 3...and then she just vanishes. It's like "oh cool, the Arrow Family is getting focused on in an Artemis arc!" and then it becomes about the Batfamily. Not that I minded, but still.

Then again, so far in season 4 we're getting focus on the original Team, and they're nearly 30 now...
    "Young" Justice, but the actual main characters are all adults.
    At the very least, that gives a better explanation why Cassandra goes by "Orphan" lol.

Though honestly, with Barbara being currently Oracle, Cassandra could be Batgirl.
    Man, I hope the writers realized how terrible a name Orphan is when they have Babs almost literally saying "Orphan can't fight her own mother!"

I want to believe they're building up Cass to becoming Batgirl, but who knows. I feel like there might've been some kind of corporate mandate that she not be Batgirl.
    No argument there.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Lukmendes;5839544]To be fair, this is a cartoon about the younger heroes, it's even kinda in the name lol.

Depends on which character. Miss Martian is the oldest. She was born in 1962 and is 48 in human chronological years, but only 16 by Martian biological standards at the beginning of the show. Most of them are in their mid-20s. Season 1 of YJ was 10 years ago ( both in-universe and out)
    Last edited by Veni; 12-05-2021 at 11:25 AM.

It happened in a high profile movie. This was her big introduction to the mainstream audience. At least YJ is far truer to her character even if they took some minor liberties.
    I meant low standard from a writing perspective, similar to how Robin from Batman & Robin is a low standard for Robin (And, well, everyone else lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    And it seems like YJ Cass has set the stage for adopting the Batgirl mantle at some point, with blessings and guidance from Barbara.
    Thinking of it, yeah, with how much Barbara tries to take care of her, maybe she'll become Batgirl with Barbara's blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And in the comics it's a big deal how much she tries to avoid or wants to avoid killing.
    And at the very least in the cartoon, Barbara wants her to not kill, so it's a big deal here too.

Mary was a little more aggressive and sassy in the show than I was expecting but I don't think anyone wants to touch evil Mary Marvel.
    spoilers:
    Not even if she uses a Green Lantern as a bat?
    end of spoilers

Yeah, there's a lot they haven't explained about Donna in the show. Besides not even calling her Donna.
    Yeah changing her name like that is weird, specially since she's just some extra, it took longer than it should for me to realize she's Donna, and at first I thought she was Diana in a flashback lol.

Yeah, I don't think they'd be chilling out like that if they'd failed to save Superboy.

Although it does kind of remind you that the Legion are teenagers too, watching retro stuff on cell phones.
    Well, that scene does happen over a month after Conner "died", if they grieved over his death, one month is more than enough time to move on from that since they didn't even know him.

The studio doing the work and pre-production time is important too. Studio Mir is the best choice to handle the entire season, if no one else.
    Time in general is very important too, we've had Dragon Ball Supes episodes with disgustingly high amount of money throw at 'em, and the animation still looked meh because they didn't have enough time lol.

I think my favorite was when they bring up Joan's death in front of Bart and Bart...doesn't say anything but change his expression a little.
    I didn't even remember that one, maybe I should rewatch season 3 to compile everytime the characters are awkwardly silent lol.

I admit I am kind of bummed that we won't get to see Cass learning to speak like in the comics. That was a big milestone for her character.

I think the show is a little too into depicting her as "cool, mute, ninja girl" at times.
    Yeah, I thought she was quiet 'cause she wasn't taught how to speak, then Cheshire mentions her vocal cords were severed "so that her only language would be body language", and that's just dumb lol.

Nothing can be worse than that moment when they fought the Furies and Mantis in season 3.
    I don't remember that moment but, you sure that one is that bad? Ted fighting Deathstroke and Sportsmaster in season 2 is really bad, since it's not even a slideshow, it's a single picture lol.

Spoiler got to talk in that episode where they fought Clayface and Mad Hatter, but she hasn't really gotten to do much (and Mae Whitman can only marginally differentiate between her Steph and Cassie voice).
    I didn't even know they were voiced by the same voice actress, might explain why Spoiler's voice sounds muffled.

Also funny that two of Tim's love interests from the comics are voiced by the same person lol.

Arrowette got more focus in one episode of an arc than she did in the entirety of season 3...and then she just vanishes. It's like "oh cool, the Arrow Family is getting focused on in an Artemis arc!" and then it becomes about the Batfamily. Not that I minded, but still.
    Yeah I was surprised at how it quickly became about Orphan too, but it helps with the family theme they were going for, since Artemis' side shows how important family related by blood can be, while Cassandra's shows how bad it can be.

Wonder if Arrowette will have something to do at any point, but it really sounds like she'll be like Tim, who's made redundant by Dick, so Arrowette likely is made redundant by Artemis lol.

"Young" Justice, but the actual main characters are all adults.
    Yeah, stuff like that really shows how more fitting it'd be for the cartoon to be called "Titans", since it's Titans in everything but name lol.

Man, I hope the writers realized how terrible a name Orphan is when they have Babs almost literally saying "Orphan can't fight her own mother!"
    Well, she has the name 'cause she disowned Lady Shiva (And yes I do think that's silly lol), she could be a literal orphan if she got to kill Lady Shiva, but Barbara didn't let her lol.

I want to believe they're building up Cass to becoming Batgirl, but who knows. I feel like there might've been some kind of corporate mandate that she not be Batgirl.
    Possibly, would suck if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Depends on which character. Miss Martian is the oldest. She was born in 1962 and is 48 in human chronological years, but only 16 by Martian biological standards at the beginning of the show. Most of them are in their mid-20s. Season 1 of YJ was 10 years ago ( both in-universe and out)
    I wonder if they even remember that M'Gann is supposed to be that "young", because by Martian standards, it'd mean that mentally she's only around 18 or 19 now, but she acts with more or less the maturity everyone else has.

Either way, the name of the cartoon is "Young" Justice, and now the main characters are mostly adults, they could eventually stop using the old Team as much to focus on newer characters, but they usually try to make use of both, with one side sidelining the other, and right now the old Team is sidelining the newer characters, to the point all characters in the intro are from season 1 lol.

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-dc-crisis-...rths-animated/

You guys think this will part of the main DCAMU or just it's own thing because it's too soon for them to reboot.

Thinking of it, yeah, with how much Barbara tries to take care of her, maybe she'll become Batgirl with Barbara's blessing.
    Well, she's supposed to.
    spoilers:
    Not even if she uses a Green Lantern as a bat?
    end of spoilers
    Lord, no .
    Well, that scene does happen over a month after Conner "died", if they grieved over his death, one month is more than enough time to move on from that since they didn't even know him.
    Even without knowing him, if they had failed to prevent the future from being changed because they couldn't prevent his death, I don't see them sitting around like that.
    I don't remember that moment but, you sure that one is that bad? Ted fighting Deathstroke and Sportsmaster in season 2 is really bad, since it's not even a slideshow, it's a single picture lol.
    It was pretty bad. It was an entire fight in slideshow form where they hallucinate they're in their season 1 selves and Wally's there and it turns into some weird video game sequence with no actual fighting.
    I didn't even know they were voiced by the same voice actress, might explain why Spoiler's voice sounds muffled.

Also funny that two of Tim's love interests from the comics are voiced by the same person lol.
    And he gets no screentime with either of them.
    Wonder if Arrowette will have something to do at any point, but it really sounds like she'll be like Tim, who's made redundant by Dick, so Arrowette likely is made redundant by Artemis lol.
    It doesn't pay to be a current sidekick on the show right now. Not even your big siblings get to spend a lot on-screen time with you.
    Well, she has the name 'cause she disowned Lady Shiva (And yes I do think that's silly lol), she could be a literal orphan if she got to kill Lady Shiva, but Barbara didn't let her lol.
    It's been a terrible name for her since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lord, no .
    Oh come on, at least the Green Lanterns would get to do something .

Even without knowing him, if they had failed to prevent the future from being changed because they couldn't prevent his death, I don't see them sitting around like that.
    There's time to grieve and time to watch shitty Star Trek rip-offs, that post credits scene makes it clear which one it is .

But yeah, fair point.

It was pretty bad. It was an entire fight in slideshow form where they hallucinate they're in their season 1 selves and Wally's there and it turns into some weird video game sequence with no actual fighting.
    Oh, that... I probably had repressed it lol.

And he gets no screentime with either of them.
    Well, he gets no screen time in general lol.

Kinda funny Cassie gets more, even gets some character development.

It doesn't pay to be a current sidekick on the show right now. Not even your big siblings get to spend a lot on-screen time with you.
    Which's ironic since the cartoon was more or less about sidekicks, even if they didn't like being called that lol.

It's been a terrible name for her since its inception.
    And how's Spoiler for Stephanie? 'Cause ever since the first time I heard it, my thought was "What kind of codename is that?" Lol.

Either way, the name of the cartoon is "Young" Justice, and now the main characters are mostly adults, they could eventually stop using the old Team as much to focus on newer characters, but they usually try to make use of both, with one side sidelining the other, and right now the old Team is sidelining the newer characters, to the point all characters in the intro are from season 1 lol.
    Young Justice doesn't automatically translate into Kid Justice. The characters are still young adults.

Young Justice doesn't automatically translate into Kid Justice. The characters are still young adults.
    Eh that's pushing it, the idea of something called "Young Justice" featuring a bunch of adults is just silly, perhaps not as silly as a group of adults called "Teen Titans", but still, really sounding like an artifact title lol.

At least they're not called Young Justice in-universe, that would make it sound like those mid 20's people have mid-life crisis before they're even 30.