Spectacular Member

Default the old Justice League cartoon show is still good but it gets a bit graphic

Especially in Season 2 where Etrigan's enemy Morgana she sucks the Lifeforce out of people and turning that old creep rich geezer into a giant worm creature.

then there's the two parter episodes where the Justice league team up with Dr Fate and Aquaman to fight a Cthulu type monster and there's a flashback of Cyrus Gold that gets a bit violent where he's gunned down by his rival gangsters. I'm surprised they got away with that with the show since its aimed for kids but for teens and adults.

I just forgot how a little graphic the episodes would get depends on the story

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Especially in Season 2 where Etrigan's enemy Morgana she sucks the Lifeforce out of people and turning that old creep rich geezer into a giant worm creature.

then there's the two parter episodes where the Justice league team up with Dr Fate and Aquaman to fight a Cthulu type monster and there's a flashback of Cyrus Gold that gets a bit violent where he's gunned down by his rival gangsters. I'm surprised they got away with that with the show since its aimed for kids but for teens and adults.

I just forgot how a little graphic the episodes would get depends on the story
    ^^^Never really thought the show was too graphic, but I was in my thirties when I watched that show.

Violence is a funny thing in superhero cartoons.

When Morbius appeared in the 90s Spider-man cartoon someone decided he couldn’t use his fangs to suck blood so they gave him palm suckers to draw ‘plasma’, which honestly looked creepy af, way creepier than a discreet neck bite.

I wouldn't describe those events as "graphic", more like dark/disturbing, but not excessively so. The DCAU has usually tried to have some appeal to adults even if they're kids' shows, so it makes sense to me.

It's a great series from Season 2 onward (onward being JLU).

Spectacular Member

well Justice League was getting a bit "dark" during Season 2 especially with the Aquaman and Fate using Solomon Grundy to fight that Cthluhu type creature along with the Cyrus Gold flashback. That and the Morgana episode where she sucks the lifeforce out of people leaving them as husks.

then as for Justice League Unlimited I think they toned it down and toned out down with the violence and made that show a little more kiddish for the little kids and teens to watch because of the additions of Supergirl, Green Arrow, etc. Its also been quite awhile since I last saw Unlimited on Netflix from like a decade ago so I don't remember what else went on besides the addition of Green Arrow and Supergirl in her white Tshirt showing off her stomach

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaJoy View Post
    I wouldn't describe those events as "graphic", more like dark/disturbing, but not excessively so. The DCAU has usually tried to have some appeal to adults even if they're kids' shows, so it makes sense to me.

It's a great series from Season 2 onward (onward being JLU).