Page 508 of 693 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 10394
    Astonishing Member

Only 3 shows left in the future if we exclude Flash. I think they will all be moved to somewhere else.

The Superman brand is getting a push.

Original DC Super Hero Girls started off with Harley and Ivy as part of the main roster. Nu DCSHG demoted them to semi-recurring villains which created a ruckus on Twitter.

I don't think that would have been an issue if they had been portrayed as villains from the start. But to show them and sell merchandise of them as heroes in one iteration and then as more simplistic villains in the next is asking for trouble, especially considering how vocal their fanbases tend to be. Considering Harley & Ivy are more popular than the characters DC tried to replace them with on the Heroes team like Jessica Cruz and Zatanna, I don't think the franchise retained the numbers it lost after their fans dumped it. Some of the older fangirls also moved on to the Harley Quinn animated series which gave them a Harley and Ivy more to their liking.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess the question is if HBOMax might pick up anything, including the DC Shows.
    Well, the Discovery guy doesn't seem all that enthusiastic about streaming series with big name properties...like Superman...but I don't know. And I don't think Superman and Lois or really any CW show will move the needle on HBOMax subscribers much.

Now Diana has no animated home btw. Will she finally, FINALLY get her solo animated series?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Now Diana has no animated home btw. Will she finally, FINALLY get her solo animated series?
    Once her third movie is approaching, she might? That's just a guess since at this point it feels like there have been so many missed opportunities with her.

Original DC Super Hero Girls started off with Harley and Ivy as part of the main roster. Nu DCSHG demoted them to semi-recurring villains which created a ruckus on Twitter.

I don't think that would have been an issue if they had been portrayed as villains from the start. But to show them and sell merchandise of them as heroes in one iteration and then as more simplistic villains in the next is asking for trouble, especially considering how vocal their fanbases tend to be. Considering Harley & Ivy are more popular than the characters DC tried to replace them with on the Heroes team like Jessica Cruz and Zatanna, I don't think the franchise retained the numbers it lost after their fans dumped it. Some of the older fangirls also moved on to the Harley Quinn animated series which gave them a Harley and Ivy more to their liking.
    Weren't both Jessica and Zatanna in the original DCSHG too? Jess wasn't there from the start, but was added later.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The original DCHSG made a lot of villain characters into heroes or non-threats, but I'm not sure why it would be so surprising to see them portrayed as villains in a more straightforward take? If anything I can see that the tone and style differences might turn people off from the original, but I don't think Harley and Ivy had anything to do with it.

Like, if anything it makes more sense to push actual Heroes in a DC Superhero Girls show than characters generally regarded as villains, even if certain fans get testy about them being, well, villains. I don't think there was any intention of "replacing" them so much as just...using actual, prominent, DC Female Heroes.

And Zatanna is one of their biggest magical heroes. Jessica Cruz has been building up her name as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Weren't both Jessica and Zatanna in the original DCSHG too? Jess wasn't there from the start, but was added later.
    Zatanna was never in the original outside a one-shot comic "crossover" between the two versions.

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, just heard what the Nexstar CEO speak, and he's gutting it. The average age of their viewers is 58, while their programming is aimed at 18-34. It has lost more audience year on year than any other network. The guy was pissed off, big time. Might get another season of Superman and Stargirl, but that's probably it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They didnt lose fans as the original was a webtoon on youtube. The reboot was on Cartoon Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They didnt lose fans as the original was a webtoon on youtube. The reboot was on Cartoon Network.
    The original also had 5 or so straight to DVD movies, two of them lego

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    The original also had 5 or so straight to DVD movies, two of them lego
    It doesnt negate the fact that it didnt impact the reboot getting canceled.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Oh yeah, just heard what the Nexstar CEO speak, and he's gutting it. The average age of their viewers is 58, while their programming is aimed at 18-34. It has lost more audience year on year than any other network. The guy was pissed off, big time. Might get another season of Superman and Stargirl, but that's probably it.
    How many in that 18-34 watched the shows on platforms like Netflix?

Also excluding DC shows, Vampire Diaries Universe, Supernatural, Nikita, Smallville & Jane the Virgin attracted said demos?

Remember this was a network that tossed WWE, Veronica Mars and black shows to straight up target white women. 80% of those those never made it past season 1 before DC took over.

He can be mad if he wants to but there are too many other CHOICES out there.

Axing Legacies isn't going to help your cause.

I see the CW doing more reality TV, news, and game show type content with maybe 2 or 3 DC and CBS shows to cover the scripted stuff. I think the CW as a home for DC TV shows is finished

Haha holy ****, episode 4 of Harley Quinn! Shocking and freaking hilarious.

Claiming that DCSHG getting cancelled due to the Harley and Ivy fan bases is quite a stretch.

We all know why the show got cancelled and it's got nothing to do with fan bases.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly