Page 168 of 693 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268668 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 10394
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gotham by Gaslight sneak peek:

Love the animation and art. I also love the Victorian London era in stories. Looking forward to this.

Holy ****, that sneak peek was dope. They are also incorporating more Batman characters too? OH SHIIIET!
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Holy ****, that sneak peek was dope. They are also incorporating more Batman characters too? OH SHIIIET!
    I am a fan of Witcher games...and I was often reminded of Batman while playing the series. I wish we would get a similar game - with Batman set in medieval era Europe (with knights and all that). Or Victorian Era England.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I am a fan of Witcher games...and I was often reminded of Batman while playing the series. I wish we would get a similar game - with Batman set in medieval era Europe (with knights and all that). Or Victorian Era England.
    There was actually a Gotham By Gaslight video game in development at some point...

This looks great I'm really excited for it.

Mighty Member

Titans TV Series Casts Its Dick Grayson

DC Comics and Greg Berlanti have found their Dick Grayson.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Brenton Thwaites has been cast in the lead role as the Boy Wonder in straight-to-series drama Titans. The show will debut in 2018 on the DC Comics-branded digital platform.

Titans is a live-action drama series that follows a group of young soon-to-be superheroes recruited from every corner of the DC Universe. The story revolves around Dick Grayson, who emerges from the shadows to become the leader of a fearless band of new heroes, including Starfire (Anna Diop), Raven (Teagan Croft) and more. Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns and Sarah Schechter will exec produce.

Comic readers know Dick Grayson as Batman's famous sidekick, Robin. After Dick's parents were murdered, Bruce Wayne became Dick's legal guardian and trained him to fight crime beside him. But after years as part of the Dynamic Duo, Dick struggled to find his place outside the Dark Knight's shadow. Finally striking out as his own man, he emerges as a leader, mentor and father figure to his new family, the Titans.

"Dick Grayson is one of the most important and iconic heroes in the DC Universe, and it wasn't easy to find him but we have. Brenton has the emotional depth, heart, danger and physical presence of Batman's former protege and the Titans' future leader. We're extremely lucky he's chosen to bring his talents to this project and this character," Johns said.

Thwaites' credits also include The Giver and Maleficent and next has features Interview With God, Office Uprising and Ghosts of War. He's repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and United Management.
    Source

Mighty Member

Wooh! Dick Grayson cast.

Frankly, I haven't been particularly impressed by him thus far. Now's the chance to prove me wrong.

BANNED

I don't see Dick Grayson when I look at him. But that doesn't mean he'll be bad or not.

So basically they won't cast someone with Romani descent?

Is WB's new digital platform going to be another subscription service? Already unhappy with CBS for putting Discovery on theirs. We have Netflix and Hulu, the most commonly accepted digital platforms. Stop trying to segment the market.

Also, is it me or does Brenton kind of look like Grant Gustin?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    So basically they won't cast someone with Romani descent?
    Yeah I noticed that too. I don't think it's worth stressing out over tbh. It's not like this is whitewashing, since Grayson is as white as they come. Same way it won't be a big deal if they don't cast a Jewish actor as Hal Jordan in the DCEU.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. I don't think it's worth stressing out over tbh. It's not like this is whitewashing, since Grayson is as white as they come. Same way it won't be a big deal if they don't cast a Jewish actor as Hal Jordan in the DCEU.
    Does anybody know about it outside of our hobby?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Brenton Thwaites eh? Can't say i know much about him but why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Don't get me wrong here, it's really not a big deal at all and certainly not whitewashing. I'm fine with the casting. I just have a problem when comic writers attempt to make these contradicting decisions. He only had a quarter of Romani descent under Devin Grayson's run, but yet he's half Romani under Tom King. It's nice Tom King tries to appeal to other POC readers, but it's the wrong way to go, imo. Other writers just ignored his heritage probably because they don't view the character that way like many of the readers don't. It's certainly not like the character was defined of being Romani descent since his existence. It's similar to what Tom King did to Kyle as well.