Page 583 of 693 FirstFirst ... 83483533573579580581582583584585586587593633683 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He mocked the “**** Batman” line when it first debuted so I don’t think he’s a fan of the show. And given it’s almost a guarantee that Nightwing will be in BATB, the Titans show is as dead as the DCEU.
    Yeah, the best the show's fans can hope for is that Dick isn't recast. But he probably will be.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who didn't ?
    John campea definitely was turn off by the line and had no interest in the show anymore after that.

That's just a knee-jerk diehard Batman fan reaction. It was a key line that played well for the trailer and set the tone for the show. It grabbed our attention. Unfortunately, the show didn't live up to expectations. People thought it would be closer to a Disney+ original level quality but all we got was a more mature CW show. Titans had its moments, especially if you just watch the clips. I think if it had better direction and far better writing it could have been a hit. Casting wise they did a decent job with half the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the best the show's fans can hope for is that Dick isn't recast. But he probably will be.
    they will all be recast. It's not even a question

The actors better have already planned their next moves like Reacher.

I think the actresses for Starefire and Donna are talented enough to find other gigs if they are lucky. Maybe Aqualad too. The Deathstroke actor will be fine he's great and will continue to have many other gigs going forward. He was great in Ozark's too. Hope he doesn't get type cast.

The Nightwing actor was getting high profile roles in the three years prior to Titans, will see if that continues
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Tom Pabst is shocked Titans got cancelled and still expects it to get revived
    https://thedirect.com/article/hbo-ma...lation-revival
    While I'm shocked that it lasted for as long as it did and will be even more shocked if it does get revived
    It's not being revived, even if it were good I don't see that happening.

I hate that most of the cast was good and the writing didn't fully reflect that.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Tom Pabst is shocked Titans got cancelled and still expects it to get revived
    https://thedirect.com/article/hbo-ma...lation-revival
    While I'm shocked that it lasted for as long as it did and will be even more shocked if it does get revived
    Yeah....no. costumes were fairly good, some castings were great but....it was a horrible Titans show. Give me a reboot that's written good and is a bit closer to comics. Also no teen Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah....no. costumes were fairly good, some castings were great but....it was a horrible Titans show. Give me a reboot that's written good and is a bit closer to comics. Also no teen Raven.
    Make sure Raven and Beast Boy don't have a weird actor age gap next time you ship the two of them .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Make sure Raven and Beast Boy don't have a weird actor age gap next time you ship the two of them .
    Yeah, that was not a great idea. And a lot of the audience had no idea she was so much younger than the rest of the cast too.

Astonishing Member

He mocked the “fuck Batman” line when it first debuted so I don’t think he’s a fan of the show. And given it’s almost a guarantee that Nightwing will be in BATB, the Titans show is as dead as the DCEU.
    This is James “Batman is a *^%}y and Superman has a poop fetish’ Gunn right?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    This is James “Batman is a *^%}y and Superman has a poop fetish’ Gunn right?
    Amazing how people take that line as a diss of the JL and not the way it’s meant to be taken, that Peacemaker is a moron. I don’t have a problem with either line FWIW.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Amazing how people take that line as a diss of the JL and not the way it’s meant to be taken, that Peacemaker is a moron. I don’t have a problem with either line FWIW.
    Peacemaker did also brag that he went on a date with Wonder Woman and just generally objectifies her, so he is clearly full of crap

Incredible Member

So after a boring 2/3 of the final season of THE FLASH, looks like finally there will be something good, and I really want it to be good

Amazing how people take that line as a diss of the JL and not the way itÂ’s meant to be taken, that Peacemaker is a moron. I donÂ’t have a problem with either line FWIW.
    The reaction to either line doesn't say anything great about the media literacy skills of many superhero fans. Though I find Gunn mocking the Titans line to be pretty rich given what he's had his characters say or do and frankly most of what he's done with DC and Marvel takes far more liberties than most anything the Titans show did.

Hopefully the actors can move on to projects with less toxic fanbases.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-05-2023 at 03:13 PM.

To be honest the only thing that bothered me about Gunn was him having the JL show up late and look useless to prop up Peacemaker's team and Barry being a tool to Arthur.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Can’t wait! Wonder if they’re going to debut a Batman teaser soon too? That would really get the hype rolling.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/