Page 303 of 693 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    DC’s ‘Injustice’ Sets Cast for Animated Movie (Exclusive)

The feature is based on the popular 'Gods Among Us' game as well as Tom Taylor's 'Gods Among Us: Year One' comic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234985568/
    It's out this fall? So we get FIVE animated movies this year? Dang. That's cool. The animation style reminds me of the Mortal Kombat animated movies and I can see it has the same producer now. Scorpion's Revenge was great. I'm not sure about Justin Hartley as Superman just yet, but Anson Mount and Janet Varney as Batman and WW sounds lit. And it doesn't specify who the Green Lantern is, but since Brian T. Delaney is a Caucasian actor, I imagine it has to be Hal. Injustice is obviously controversial among DC fans for many reasons so I very much expect this to be a sort of divisive movie as well.

They didn’t keep the DCAU cast? Weird. Also looks like it’s combining Year One and the game, so not strictly following the comics, that’s going to make the Injustice fanbase mad lmao. Hope we find out about what comes after soon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Man, those Injustice costumes have always been dog ****.

Fits the overall quality of the series, I guess.

Thanks god for Superman and Lois, cause this Evil Superman trend is already overdone.

I have no interest in this universe and i hope the next Netherrealm DC game takes place in a new universe.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Lmao the dude who wrote Hush is handling this, could lightning strike twice? Be hilarious if he manages to piss everyone off again! That said this movie coming in the Fall around Fandome makes me think we’ll get an I3 announcement around then too. Wonder if Taylor will write the comics again given he’s got so much on his plate these days?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC’s ‘Injustice’ Sets Cast for Animated Movie (Exclusive)

The feature is based on the popular 'Gods Among Us' game as well as Tom Taylor's 'Gods Among Us: Year One' comic.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234985568/
    Those designs...do not adapt well to animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's out this fall? So we get FIVE animated movies this year? Dang. That's cool. The animation style reminds me of the Mortal Kombat animated movies and I can see it has the same producer now. Scorpion's Revenge was great. I'm not sure about Justin Hartley as Superman just yet, but Anson Mount and Janet Varney as Batman and WW sounds lit. And it doesn't specify who the Green Lantern is, but since Brian T. Delaney is a Caucasian actor, I imagine it has to be Hal. Injustice is obviously controversial among DC fans for many reasons so I very much expect this to be a sort of divisive movie as well.
    Justin Hartley as Superman is kind of funny as a met-level because his debut was in a Superman show and he's played Green Arrow and Aquaman. At the same time I can't see him at all as Injustice Supes.

Janet Varney going from playing Korra to Wonder Woman would sound a lot better if she was not playing Injustice!Wonder Woman.

I think it would only make sense for Hal to be in it since he's part of the core story, but it seems like they might be race-bending Catwoman to black again despite her being white in the games. Not that Anika Noni Rose has to be playing to her race, but they keep adapting Catwoman as black that I wouldn't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They didn’t keep the DCAU cast? Weird. Also looks like it’s combining Year One and the game, so not strictly following the comics, that’s going to make the Injustice fanbase mad lmao. Hope we find out about what comes after soon.
    Yeah, it feels like it's kind of missing the point of adapting the game and then not actually using any VA's in the game. Especially when the VA's are so popular in that role.

Then again Scorpion's Revenge only used like, two people from the games to voice their characters so I guess that's consistent. I wonder if they're planning to make this a new series and do a sequel like they're doing with Mortal Kombat.

Nightwing, Mirror Master, and Zsasz definitely imply they'll be adapting a bit of the prequel comics.
    Lmao the dude who wrote Hush is handling this, could lightning strike twice? Be hilarious if he manages to piss everyone off again! That said this movie coming in the Fall around Fandome makes me think we’ll get an I3 announcement around then too. Wonder if Taylor will write the comics again given he’s got so much on his plate these days?
    I know he didn't write the entirety of the Injustice comics but it would feel weird for anyone else to do it at this point.

Astonishing Member

Considering the change in CCO, would anyone have the stones to try adapt Doomsday Clock?

Incredible Member

When they adapt a story from the comics or write an original story for a movie, do they do the animation first or the voice acting? ( I know animation takes a lot more time.)
    Last edited by Veni; 07-21-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering the change in CCO, would anyone have the stones to try adapt Doomsday Clock?
    Never happening, they just rebooted their “shared” animated universe and I can’t see them doing Doomsday Clock as a standalone

When they adapt a story from the comics or write an original story for a movie, do they do the animation first or the voice acting? ( I know animation takes a lot more time.)
    Voices first, then the animation.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Never happening, they just rebooted their “shared” animated universe and I can’t see them doing Doomsday Clock as a standalone
    Yeah, and I don't think there would be any point unless they brought back the Watchmen actors from the movie or show.

Astonishing Member

Maybe the DCAU cast wind up in the Injustice sequel to put Injustice Superman in his place?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Doomsday Clock would have to be heavily altered to translate into an animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Maybe the DCAU cast wind up in the Injustice sequel to put Injustice Superman in his place?
    Weird choice if so, Newbern is a far better evil Superman than he is at playing the main guy straight. But I think this movie is basically combining Year One where we see evil Superman set up the Regime with the game so we’ll see his fall here within the movie. It isn’t being billed as a two parter is my reasoning why I think that.

Weird choice if so, Newbern is a far better evil Superman than he is at playing the main guy straight. But I think this movie is basically combining Year One where we see evil Superman set up the Regime with the game so we’ll see his fall here within the movie. It isn’t being billed as a two parter is my reasoning why I think that.
    I guess it's possible it ends with the beginning of the game, although that would be kind of weird for people to then play the game and the VA's are all different .