Page 581 of 695 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 10425

Maybe for cursing? I'm not wholly against Lois Lane saying shit

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Odd decision for this series.
    Airing time might end up being better, plus Superman isn't as popular with younger audiences anymore, pushing it at a time for adults might help. Kids will still watch Adult Swim so hoping whatever strategy this is works out.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Potential good news for DC from Disney - Marvel Entertainment is being shuttered, so there'll be changes (i.e. cutbacks) at Marvel Comics. Unless of course, WBD does something similar to DC!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Not really good news then for the business.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Airing time might end up being better, plus Superman isn't as popular with younger audiences anymore, pushing it at a time for adults might help. Kids will still watch Adult Swim so hoping whatever strategy this is works out.
    I was kind of hoping we could get a solid, all ages, DC Superhero cartoon on the air again but considering what happened to the last few...yeah.

I wonder if this is going to effect the content at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Not really good news then for the business.
    Agreed. Despite whatever competition, they more or less want the other to succeed because that means the public isn't bored with the genre yet.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-justi...-new-frontier/

If this is true, I am very, very excited.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

The Centre was such a boring villain to me. But I'm sure he would improve upon it a bit. I mean, Gotg 1 had a terrible villain too, but then Gotg 2 gave us awesome ones. Suicide Squad had a fun version of Starro and some of the generals. Then again, Gotg 3 does seem to have a boring villain too

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The Centre was such a boring villain to me. But I'm sure he would improve upon it a bit. I mean, Gotg 1 had a terrible villain too, but then Gotg 2 gave us awesome ones. Suicide Squad had a fun version of Starro and some of the generals. Then again, Gotg 3 does seem to have a boring villain too
    Ronan deserved better. I hope the High Evolutionary gets his due in Vol 3.

I wonder if they might bring Keith David back to voice him.

Extraordinary Member

Starro was way better than I ever could've imagined. If the Centre does turn out to be the main villain in a JL movie, I think we're in good hands.

If they're really using the Centre, then I'm expecting Hal Jordan to get his due:

Unless they totally just have John fill in for Hal or make him an agent of the Centre. Wouldn't put it past WB.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they're really using the Centre, then I'm expecting Hal Jordan to get his due:

Unless they totally just have John fill in for Hal or make him an agent of the Centre. Wouldn't put it past WB.
    Good thing it isn't WB's call. The broad creative strokes are made by Gunn and he answers to no-one but Zaslav right?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The Flash's final season is so below mediocre, it's sad.

Two episodes in a row where they didn't even have Barry suit up as the Flash (one of them was about Chester and Allegra helping a meta who was resurrected by Crisis, the other was about Iris and Dreamer). And they say they had no time to wrap up the Legends of Tomorrow cliffhanger?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's as if they had zero idea how to do this season. Only thing they knew was give Grant as much time off as possible in the LAST season