Page 210 of 695 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 10425
    Astonishing Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the impression that both Terry (again, until the epilogue) and Matt looked to be at least mixed-ethnic Asian decent in the cartoon series. Heck, even the artstyle of some of the Batman Beyond comics, including the main artist of the current one, occasionally gives off these vibes of mixed-ethnicity for the McGinnis brothers.

While I do look forward to what a Batman Beyond animated movie in this day and age will bring (I'm hoping Matt plays a bigger role here than he did overall in the cartoon), count me in with those who wish they had picked someone from the Bat-verse who is historically of a confirmed minority ethnicity. A Duke/The Signal movie would have been cool, even if it'd need some form of tweaking that might risk hurting Duke's origin and early growth that makes the character who he is (his Endgame and We Are Robin days).

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who got the impression that both Terry (again, until the epilogue) and Matt looked to be at least mixed-ethnic Asian decent in the cartoon series. Heck, even the artstyle of some of the Batman Beyond comics, including the main artist of the current one, occasionally gives off these vibes of mixed-ethnicity for the McGinnis brothers.
    Matt always looked more Asian then Terry to me.
    While I do look forward to what a Batman Beyond animated movie in this day and age will bring (I'm hoping Matt plays a bigger role here than he did overall in the cartoon), count me in with those who wish they had picked someone from the Bat-verse who is historically of a confirmed minority ethnicity. A Duke/The Signal movie would have been cool, even if it'd need some form of tweaking that might risk hurting Duke's origin and early growth that makes the character who he is (his Endgame and We Are Robin days).
    I think we're still ways away before WB/DC feels confident greenlighting a movie about Duke/Signal.

I could imagine a robin-verse movie led by Duke ...and when I say robin-verse I don't mean multiverse but essentially a 'we are a robin' movie ...and when I say 'we are robin' movie I'm mostly talking about the concept of it then any actual storyline the comic did, that would have been cool to see, at least to me.

In any case since they're looking for an asian actor they should get Ryan Potter to voice Terry, he already does Titans for them.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-31-2019 at 08:47 PM.

I second the notion of doing a We are Robin movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think we're still ways away before WB/DC feels confident greenlighting a movie about Duke/Signal.
    I'm rewatching Batman Beyond right now and nothing about the McGinnis family looks asian to me. When Terry is angry ( which is a lot of the time ) he squints his eyes. He just has smaller eyes than most other characters, hell his brother's eyes are the weirdest in the DCAU.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Jeez DC can't give their other properties any candy as well?
    We have a Suicide Squad sequel in the works and Stargirl and Swamp Thing are getting t.v. shows on DC's streaming service. And while this is another Batman movie at least it isn't Bruce Wayne again. They're even giving spotlight to underrepresented Batman characters like Cass Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We have a Suicide Squad sequel in the works and Stargirl and Swamp Thing are getting t.v. shows on DC's streaming service. And while this is another Batman movie at least it isn't Bruce Wayne again. They're even giving spotlight to underrepresented Batman characters like Cass Cain.
    I think if people took a broader view of DC media they would see it's not always a Batman production and not always something inspired by what Marvel did.

I mean, I can see where it would get easy to forget it with how consistently they churn out new Batman content, but I think it's still not the only thing they do.

Astonishing Member

They both gave that vibe to me (and others, it seems), at least until the epilogue for Terry when he fills out and bulks up.

Not really the point, though. I used The Signal/Duke as an example and personal want, but the general idea is the same as it was mentioned to be.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I could imagine a robin-verse movie led by Duke ...and when I say robin-verse I don't mean multiverse but essentially a 'we are a robin' movie ...and when I say 'we are robin' movie I'm mostly talking about the concept of it then any actual storyline the comic did, that would have been cool to see, at least to me.
    [QUOTE=the illustrious mr. kenway;4173586]I second the notion of doing a We are Robin movie.[/QUOTE

That would be nice, yeah.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why always the need to make everything about race? Nobody says that representation isn't important or shouldn't be a priority, the question is why does DC need to "counter" something as opposed to focus on good storytelling regardless of what characters the story happens to feature. DC should not feel some kind of obligation to produce certain type of products just because the competition made similar products already. Like I said, it's not the competition factor itself that's the problem, it's that WB/DC are not competent enough in their attempts to emulate what the competition does. It's no coincidence that their successful attempts like Wonder Woman and Aquaman were not trying to channel the competition, but just tried to tell entertaining stories.
    They aren't "countering" or being obliged to produce products.

They're recognizing the opportunity / audience demand in the market.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    His father is Irish, his mother is Mexican. Just because he looks white that doesn't mean he isn't bi-racial. Just look at Logic, he looks white but is biracial. It doesn't matter what he looks like, it's just that he belongs to 2 different racial groups. Which he does.
    There are some white mexicans that are white and not bi-racial at all.

Like i said someone else who has been reading spiderman 2099 said his mother is a white mexican and some others say she is not white.
    If his mother is a white mexican or white bi- racial mexican then miguel is not bi-racial.
    If his mother is a poc then you will be right,then he would be a white bi-racial latino.

I am just not sure if his mother is a white mexican or not.
    Some say she is white and some say she is not.
    I will just leave it at that.

Note - i need to see more pics for myself when i have time.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-01-2019 at 07:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Is Wonder Woman Bloodlines still being made? It's weird we are getting a screenshot of the Batman Beyond movie, confirmation on Batman Hush and Superman red son (maybe), the DCAU Justice League coming back, but don't even know what the WW: Bloodlines will even be about.

Bloodlines is the last film of their 2019 animated movie line, so it's probably no surprise that we haven't heard anything about it just yet. I highly doubt they canceled it, canceling a Wonder Woman animated movie after the live-action film broke records is bad optics. James Tucker still has it in his twitter bio.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    For a minute I forgot that Terry's girlfriend was Asian on the show. If they raceswapped Terry, I wonder if they're going to whitewash Dana in the movie. The Asian male/white female couple seems to be hugely underrepresented in movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Is Wonder Woman Bloodlines still being made? It's weird we are getting a screenshot of the Batman Beyond movie, confirmation on Batman Hush and Superman red son (maybe), the DCAU Justice League coming back, but don't even know what the WW: Bloodlines will even be about.
    I don't think we've seen any screenshots of Batman Beyond yet, only some concept art which might not reflect what the movie will look like at all. Batman Hush is happening earlier in the year than WW:Bloodlines so it makes since we'd hear more about it first, and all we know is that Batman Long Halloween and Superman Red Son are probably happening sometime next year maybe, and I think that was mostly revealed due just to a leak. For a DTV that we probably won't get to see until like November/December and considering it is just now February, I'd say this is more the usual and expected amount of news we should expect to know for right now, so I wouldn't worry. Bloodlines is happening, and we'll probably know bupkis about it until Comic-Con. That's the usual way it goes.