Page 461 of 693 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 10394
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree. They were just kind of mediocre and subpar movies to me. The best one imo you listed was Throne of Atlantis story-wise, and even then it was only in a "less bad" kind of way, whereas the one I enjoyed most was Judas Contract, and that was only for the sort of Bond cult villain Brother Blood stuff! It honestly would have been a better movie without the actual Judas Contract aspect. Just the Titans taking on a Bond villain terrorist organization.
    we get it. You hate the DCAMU movies. You don't need to throw fecal matter at fans who do enjoy them like myself. Just because you think they're trash doesn't mean someone else won't. Art is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    we get it. You hate the DCAMU movies. You don't need to throw fecal matter at fans who do enjoy them like myself. Just because you think they're trash doesn't mean someone else won't. Art is subjective.
    I don't throw **** at people. Seriously, why the hell point me out? Frontier always posts that he disagrees with me whenever I post my opinion. I just respond back. It's what people do. You get sick and tired of seeing my opinions, you are more than welcome to put me on your ignore list so you don't have to see them. Seriously, this is a place where fans bitch about what they hate and praise what they love. You don't agree with my takes then say so, but telling folks to basically shut up is pointless and only serves to pass them off and make them want to do it more just to spite you. Seriously, all I want to do now is tell you off with very strong curse words now, and I sure as hell ain't going to post my opinions less. But I will say, bad day sir. Bad day to you indeed.

Disagree. They were just kind of mediocre and subpar movies to me. The best one imo you listed was Throne of Atlantis story-wise, and even then it was only in a "less bad" kind of way, whereas the one I enjoyed most was Judas Contract, and that was only for the sort of Bond cult villain Brother Blood stuff! It honestly would have been a better movie without the actual Judas Contract aspect. Just the Titans taking on a Bond villain terrorist organization.
    I thought Deathstroke and Brother Blood made a great combination in that movie (and you can't really do Judas Contract without Deathstroke). Also one of Miguel Ferrer's last roles and he nailed playing Slade.

Nightwing and Robin vs Deathstroke is one of my favorite DC fights.

ToA had the problem of a weaker version of Orm (in terms of characterization) and too many sub-plots in my opinion. But you needed more build up than a standalone movie could accomplish to get to the feel of the comic storyline, similar to Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Deathstroke and Brother Blood made a great combination in that movie (and you can't really do Judas Contract without Deathstroke). Also one of Miguel Ferrer's last roles and he nailed playing Slade.

Nightwing and Robin vs Deathstroke is one of my favorite DC fights.

ToA had the problem of a weaker version of Orm (in terms of characterization) and too many sub-plots in my opinion. But you needed more build up than a standalone movie could accomplish to get to the feel of the comic storyline, similar to Hush.
    Like I said, the actual Judas Contract stuff just came off as less interesting. I know it's a bit unfair to compare a show with more time to tell the story versus a movie, but I really liked the 2003 cartoons version and build up more.

I will admit that that Deathstroke was a lot better in that movie than he'd been in the previous films. I always thought the voice acting was fine, just thought the writing for him previously had been bad, but he finally came into his own.

Like I said, the actual Judas Contract stuff just came off as less interesting. I know it's a bit unfair to compare a show with more time to tell the story versus a movie, but I really liked the 2003 cartoons version and build up more.

I will admit that that Deathstroke was a lot better in that movie than he'd been in the previous films. I always thought the voice acting was fine, just thought the writing for him previously had been bad, but he finally came into his own.
    I think the 2003 cartoon did a great job with it too (especially with Terra and Beast Boy's relationship) but the movie had the benefit of being closer to the comic....minus Jericho.

I think the 2003 cartoon did a great job with it too (especially with Terra and Beast Boy's relationship) but the movie had the benefit of being closer to the comic....minus Jericho.
    I think that with stories of betrayal that you need to set up the relationships so that said betrayal hurts. The movie just didn't have that like the show did.

I was looking forward to seeing Wonder Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So what films are you guys hoping to see in the tomorrowverse? I really hope we can see an actual Wonder Woman movie along with an Aquaman and Vixen film.
    Seconding Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Vixen.

Seeing other JL members show up in John Stewart's movie made me think they could do a Zatanna's Search movie with individual JL members helping her search for her father. Otto Schmidt already came up with a great design for her. It looks like Martian Manhunter might be serving the Nick Fury role since he showed up in Superman's movie and now this one.

Hawkgirl would be established character thanks to GL: Beware My Power so they could spin off a Hawkworld movie from it.

We know Vixen exists in this universe and if folks like her appearances in GL: BMP they will come to see her in her solo movie.

Wonder Woman *should* be the next one now that they've established Superman and Batman. They could coincide it with the release of WW3.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I think that with stories of betrayal that you need to set up the relationships so that said betrayal hurts. The movie just didn't have that like the show did.

I was looking forward to seeing Wonder Girl.
    I think it did a decent job of setting Terra up, her relationship with Gar, and the betrayal, but your mileage may vary. I don't think it was meant to hurt as much as it did in the show because, while still more sympathetic, the movie Terra was still more villainous than 2003 Terra was in some respects even if they still framed her death as a tragedy.

I think it did a decent job of setting Terra up, her relationship with Gar, and the betrayal, but your mileage may vary. I don't think it was meant to hurt as much as it did in the show because, while still more sympathetic, the movie Terra was still more villainous than 2003 Terra was in some respects even if they still framed her death as a tragedy.
    Except that the "tragedy" didn't play precisely because she was such a villain. The emotional impact they wanted just wasn't there. Like I said, the plot B part of the movie interested me more than the actual adaptation did.

It's one of the old DCAMU's better-ish movies for what it's worth, but like you say your mileage may vary, and mine clearly did.

Extraordinary Member

The CW Cancels Almost EVERYTHING! What's Going On? The CW Upfronts MASSIVE Preview!

Pagey

Extraordinary Member

Let's Talk WHY The CW is Cancelling MORE Shows + Gotham Knights Getting SEASON 1

BobaTalks
    Let's Talk WHY The CW is Cancelling MORE Shows + Gotham Knights Getting SEASON 1 - Time to discuss how The CW Just Naomi and ordered Gotham Knights to series, but why is The CW cancelling these shows. Does it have anything to do with Warner Bros. Discovery? Does this impact the other CW shows such as Superman & Lois? After Batwoman Season 3 and Legends of Tomorrow Season 7 and Naomi Season 1, their journeys come to an end.

Except that the "tragedy" didn't play precisely because she was such a villain. The emotional impact they wanted just wasn't there. Like I said, the plot B part of the movie interested me more than the actual adaptation did.

It's one of the old DCAMU's better-ish movies for what it's worth, but like you say your mileage may vary, and mine clearly did.
    I think showing her backstory and how that led to her loyalty towards Slade, as well as her having some actual feelings for Gar, helped carry the emotional impact.

I think the Deathstroke/HIVE/Brother Blood stuff ended up working out well together.

I think showing her backstory and how that led to her loyalty towards Slade, as well as her having some actual feelings for Gar, helped carry the emotional impact.

I think the Deathstroke/HIVE/Brother Blood stuff ended up working out well together.
    Eh, disagree with the first paragraph, agreed with that ending sentence. Especially the HIVE/Brother Blood aspect. DC has kind of done some good big villain organization stuff that I'd love to see more. Young Justice, Judas Contract, Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons, and Catwoman: Hunted have all done the Bondian big evil organization stuff very well. I like that in superhero fiction more than the typical lone supervillain stuff. Just makes it feel so much bigger and more rooted into the world you know.

Eh, disagree with the first paragraph, agreed with that ending sentence. Especially the HIVE/Brother Blood aspect. DC has kind of done some good big villain organization stuff that I'd love to see more. Young Justice, Judas Contract, Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons, and Catwoman: Hunted have all done the Bondian big evil organization stuff very well. I like that in superhero fiction more than the typical lone supervillain stuff. Just makes it feel so much bigger and more rooted into the world you know.
    I love how Leviathan was discount Light in Catwoman: Hunted .

(I'm kind of over the Light though).

I love how Leviathan was discount Light in Catwoman: Hunted .

(I'm kind of over the Light though).
    Eh, it felt less like the Light and more like a legit "criminal" enterprise of supervillains. The Light has all this other stuff going on, Leviathan here felt more like...a discount Crime Syndicate I guess?