Page 365 of 693 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415465 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ve never really been into the Metal Men. They all have basically the same powers regardless of their metal types.
    I think it's more how they use their powers in creative ways and their personalities.

I am kind of morbidly curious how they handle Platinum and her relationship with Doc Magnus .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I adore the Metal Men and buy everything they're in so I'm stoked.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

So I watched YJ's episode 8 and 9, and man, episode 8 has one of my favorite fights in the cartoon.

The lights being turned off gave the fight a nice aesthetic look, and the animation for the most part look good (There are still moments here and there where it looks stiff), the music during it was pretty good, basically 2 minutes of awesomeness, my favorite moment was when Lady Shiva threw her sword on the ground and kicked Tigress' ass, she's supposed to be a pretty badass fighter but I didn't get the feeling she was that good back in season 3 (Aside from killing Orm, which, means nothing in YJ's own context since Orm was never developed, and if you know who Orm is, then Lady Shiva managing to hurt him, much less kill him is pure bullshit), so the fight overall gave an idea of how formidable she is.

Was kinda lame that Onyx and Jade decided to stay in Ra's' island, also not a fan of pacifist Ra's in general, specially him being trusted and forgiven this fast after the bullshit he pulled as a member of The Light, but maybe, if this season actually makes use of Jason, that'll be addressed.

Episode 9, was basically just setting up the next episode, we had Mary Marvel being confirmed to have been a member of the Team and something made her "have to" stop being a hero, which made me roll my eyes 'cause it's YJ doing another "Something happened between time skips" type of "story telling", which isn't really bad by itself, but YJ does it a lot...

I like how she can use the Shazam powers in particular and give them to someone else, is that something she can do in the comics? 'Cause her being able to buff allies, or even enemies to screw them over is nice, wonder what a Flash with Speed of Mercury would be like lol.

Also Phantom Stranger showed up, that was neat, wonder if he has something to do with the "Phantoms" in the title.

Oh and, any theories about who the time traveling guy from the Mars episodes is? I assume he's a Legion villain, but aside from Time Trapper and a wizard whose name I forgot, I don't know their villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The lights being turned off gave the fight a nice aesthetic look, and the animation for the most part look good (There are still moments here and there where it looks stiff), the music during it was pretty good, basically 2 minutes of awesomeness, my favorite moment was when Lady Shiva threw her sword on the ground and kicked Tigress' ass, she's supposed to be a pretty badass fighter but I didn't get the feeling she was that good back in season 3 (Aside from killing Orm, which, means nothing in YJ's own context since Orm was never developed, and if you know who Orm is, then Lady Shiva managing to hurt him, much less kill him is pure bullshit), so the fight overall gave an idea of how formidable she is.
    The show has really been doing Cass and Shiva a disservice by making them wield swords all the time instead of wrecking people.
    Was kinda lame that Onyx and Jade decided to stay in Ra's' island, also not a fan of pacifist Ra's in general, specially him being trusted and forgiven this fast after the bullshit he pulled as a member of The Light, but maybe, if this season actually makes use of Jason, that'll be addressed.
    Yeah, we haven't really seen how Ra's and co. got to this point and what they really stand for right now, or how they got ousted from the Light. More off-screen content!
    Episode 9, was basically just setting up the next episode, we had Mary Marvel being confirmed to have been a member of the Team and something made her "have to" stop being a hero, which made me roll my eyes 'cause it's YJ doing another "Something happened between time skips" type of "story telling", which isn't really bad by itself, but YJ does it a lot...
    It took two seasons for them to actually show Mary after confirming she was on the Team in Ask Greg. Kind of amazing.

Of course there's still the mystery of where Freddy is.
    I like how she can use the Shazam powers in particular and give them to someone else, is that something she can do in the comics? 'Cause her being able to buff allies, or even enemies to screw them over is nice, wonder what a Flash with Speed of Mercury would be like lol.
    The whole "calling out the patrons to use their powers" bit is new. The ability to channel the powers to someone else is becoming more common, it's how Billy was able to make his adoptive siblings into the Shazam family.
    Also Phantom Stranger showed up, that was neat, wonder if he has something to do with the "Phantoms" in the title.
    Phantom Girl, Phantom Stranger...are they any other DC phantoms we're missing? The Phantom Zone? Phantom Lady?
    Oh and, any theories about who the time traveling guy from the Mars episodes is? I assume he's a Legion villain, but aside from Time Trapper and a wizard whose name I forgot, I don't know their villains.
    I've seen a few theories with some speculating it's Lightning Lord because, being a redhead Lightning Lad might be race-bent to black again so his evil brother Lightning Lord would be black like the saboteur .

(The wizard's name is Mordru, for the record).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The show has really been doing Cass and Shiva a disservice by making them wield swords all the time instead of wrecking people.
    Considering that when she was fighting Artemis with the sword, she only had a slight advantage, and when she threw it away she defeated Artemis in 5 seconds, I think the sword is a power limiter .

But yeah, I think the sword is there because now they don't have to worry about censorship as much, problem is that a sword is a deadly weapon, so they can't hit the opponents with it since it'll most likely be lethal... And that's even shown in that fight in the darkness I mentioned, when Lady Shiva was overwhelming Cassandra, the hits she got weren't with the sword.

So yeah, the sword makes them look weaker because of the lethality swords have, since Ladt definitely can't go around killing important characters if she gets to fight them, and why the hell does Cassandra even use swords if she's not killing? Makes no sense...

Yeah, we haven't really seen how Ra's and co. got to this point and what they really stand for right now, or how they got ousted from the Light. More off-screen content!
    Slade took over the league of shadows somehow (And off-screen because of course it'd be off-screen), I think Ra's was kicked out as one of the leaders because he lost the main thing that made him useful, 'cause there is a reason for all of them to be there.

I can see the same thing happening with Luthor if he stops being rich for example, you can maybe say that him not being in UN anymore could be another reason to kick him out, but season 1 had him involved with projects like the clones, so he still had enough power to be useful as a leader, even if less so now... I wonder if he'll stop showing up as much without his UN position thinking of it... Which honestly could be a good thing, him and Vandal got a lot of screen time while the rest has been basically doing nothing since season 2.

It took two seasons for them to actually show Mary after confirming she was on the Team in Ask Greg. Kind of amazing.
    I didn't even know she was confirmed to be part of the Team at any point, but then again, I detest the word of god trope enough to not even bother looking at this kind of info lol.

Of course there's still the mystery of where Freddy is.
    I'm just wondering what Billy has been up to, think he only showed up once in season 3 lol.

The whole "calling out the patrons to use their powers" bit is new.
    New as in, the show invented it, or did the comics had that not long before YJ?

The ability to channel the powers to someone else is becoming more common, it's how Billy was able to make his adoptive siblings into the Shazam family.
    I remember he did that in the movie, think that's in the comics too? 'Cause what I read of the New 52 comics, the movie seemed to be based on it.

Phantom Girl, Phantom Stranger...are they any other DC phantoms we're missing? The Phantom Zone? Phantom Lady?
    Oh, Phantom Zone, didn't think about that being one of the "Phantoms" in the title...

Phantom Girl so far hasn't done too much (Mars episodes were basically her and Chameleon Boy being ordered around by Saturn Girl), but maybe she'll be more important later on if she's one of the "Phantoms" in the title.

I have a theory that Conner isn't dead, and his situation is more or less like Mon-El's, so he's put on the Phantom Zone so he doesn't die, and then he's released on the future to be cured, which considering he got bombed in the face by kryptonite, and YJ Kryptonians are really sensitive to Kryptonite (Both Supes and Conner got knocked down by it in seconds back in season 1, and season 4 shows that again with Supes almost fainting immediately by traces of it in that lava area), so that would really deadly, so the episodes foccused on him would have him in adventures with the Legion after being cured, but, if Phantom Zone is one of the "Phantoms" from the title, that could still happen, but he has to deal with villains who are in Phantom Zone, maybe if Zod and the others are released, they aren't at full power so Conner can fight them without needing plot armor to win, or they could be fully powered and Conner has to fight them alongside the Legion to hold them back.

I've seen a few theories with some speculating it's Lightning Lord because, being a redhead Lightning Lad might be race-bent to black again so his evil brother Lightning Lord would be black like the saboteur .
    Hm, guess that could make sense.

(The wizard's name is Mordru, for the record).
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 12-04-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Considering that when she was fighting Artemis with the sword, she only had a slight advantage, and when she threw it away she defeated Artemis in 5 seconds, I think the sword is a power limiter .

But yeah, I think the sword is there because now they don't have to worry about censorship as much, problem is that a sword is a deadly weapon, so they can't hit the opponents with it since it'll most likely be lethal... And that's even shown in that fight in the darkness I mentioned, when Lady Shiva was overwhelming Cassandra, the hits she got weren't with the sword.

So yeah, the sword makes them look weaker because of the lethality swords have, since Ladt definitely can't go around killing important characters if she gets to fight them, and why the hell does Cassandra even use swords if she's not killing? Makes no sense...
    It's just weird for me that primarily hand-to-hand fighters keep getting depicted as wielding swords. Compared to the comics it made Cass and Shiva's fight extremely underwhelming.

I don't even understand why, after what happened to Barbara, they would still let her even hold a sword.
    Slade took over the league of shadows somehow (And off-screen because of course it'd be off-screen), I think Ra's was kicked out as one of the leaders because he lost the main thing that made him useful, 'cause there is a reason for all of them to be there.

I can see the same thing happening with Luthor if he stops being rich for example, you can maybe say that him not being in UN anymore could be another reason to kick him out, but season 1 had him involved with projects like the clones, so he still had enough power to be useful as a leader, even if less so now... I wonder if he'll stop showing up as much without his UN position thinking of it... Which honestly could be a good thing, him and Vandal got a lot of screen time while the rest has been basically doing nothing since season 2.
    Yeah, they set that up, and maybe his last on-screen death had something to do with it, but they haven't explored it much.

I don't think Queen Bee's done anything since, like, one episode of season 2. I'm just waiting for someone to punch her in the face.
    I didn't even know she was confirmed to be part of the Team at any point, but then again, I detest the word of god trope enough to not even bother looking at this kind of info lol.
    Well, she and Freddy were on the Team around when Jason, Tula, and Garth were, I believe.
    I'm just wondering what Billy has been up to, think he only showed up once in season 3 lol.
    Yeah, he was with Barry when they tried to stop a prison break. He's "Shazam" now, so apparently something happened to the Wizard.
    New as in, the show invented it, or did the comics had that not long before YJ?
    The show invented it.
    I remember he did that in the movie, think that's in the comics too? 'Cause what I read of the New 52 comics, the movie seemed to be based on it.
    Pretty much the same.
    Oh, Phantom Zone, didn't think about that being one of the "Phantoms" in the title...

Phantom Girl so far hasn't done too much (Mars episodes were basically her and Chameleon Boy being ordered around by Saturn Girl), but maybe she'll be more important later on if she's one of the "Phantoms" in the title.

I have a theory that Conner isn't dead, and his situation is more or less like Mon-El's, so he's put on the Phantom Zone so he doesn't die, and then he's released on the future to be cured, which considering he got bombed in the face by kryptonite, and YJ Kryptonians are really sensitive to Kryptonite (Both Supes and Conner got knocked down by it in seconds back in season 1, and season 4 shows that again with Supes almost fainting immediately by traces of it in that lava area), so that would really deadly, so the episodes foccused on him would have him in adventures with the Legion after being cured, but, if Phantom Zone is one of the "Phantoms" from the title, that could still happen, but he has to deal with villains who are in Phantom Zone, maybe if Zod and the others are released, they aren't at full power so Conner can fight them without needing plot armor to win, or they could be fully powered and Conner has to fight them alongside the Legion to hold them back.
    A lot of people speculated that Phantom Girl pulled Conner out of the lava.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Id think that sword fighting is much easier and cheaper to do than intricate hand fighting. It isnt brute force like a Superboy/Wonder Girl type scene and this season they are trying to save the money anyway they can.

Barbara jumped in front of a sword as it was going in for the death blow, it isnt as Cass cant control what she's doing with a sword. There's no reason for her to not use one.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-04-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Wouldn’t need to be so stingy if Weisman didn’t keep trying to shove every character in the DCU into the show… but WB really should give this a bigger budget given the push into animation they’re gearing up for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Id think that sword fighting is much easier and cheaper to do than intricate hand fighting. It isnt brute force like a Superboy/Wonder Girl type scene and this season they are trying to save the money anyway they can.
    Probably, which is a shame. It's really not doing Cass (or Shiva) justice visually.
    Barbara jumped in front of a sword as it was going in for the death blow, it isnt as Cass cant control what she's doing with a sword. There's no reason for her to not use one.
    Other than the fact that a sword isn't really the kind of weapon you would expect from someone operating in a group with a no-kill rule and from a character who traditionally makes it a big deal is how seriously she takes said rule. She's not Damian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t need to be so stingy if Weisman didn’t keep trying to shove every character in the DCU into the show… but WB really should give this a bigger budget given the push into animation they’re gearing up for.
    I don't know if the amount of characters effects the budget but it does seem to kind of stretch how much the show can do at times. I saw people complaining about characters just standing around doing nothing during the Klarion fight that never would've happened in season 1.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Other than the fact that a sword isn't really the kind of weapon you would expect from someone operating in a group with a no-kill rule and from a character who traditionally makes it a big deal is how seriously she takes said rule. She's not Damian.
    Having a sword doesnt mean instant kill. The batfam isnt anti-violence and you still do a lot to someone with a sword without killing them.

While hand2hand combat would be preferred, at least Cass is getting exposed to the general audience and getting a fairly good storyline so Im happy with it.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-04-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’ve never really been into the Metal Men. They all have basically the same powers regardless of their metal types.
    The Batfamily does just fine and all of them have the power of “fights good”

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Batfamily is also "HOT" and fans view many of them as self-insert characters.

It's just weird for me that primarily hand-to-hand fighters keep getting depicted as wielding swords. Compared to the comics it made Cass and Shiva's fight extremely underwhelming.

I don't even understand why, after what happened to Barbara, they would still let her even hold a sword.
    Specially since, again, Cassandra is not killing, so her using a sword is holding her back in theory, 'cause it means she has to try not to cut.

Of course, in practice it's never like that, she'll do attacks that could kill or at least maim if they hit, but the opponent will always be competent enough to block or dodge, and it'll only actually hit if the scene's intention is for it to hit, like when she stabbed Lady Shiva.

Yeah, they set that up, and maybe his last on-screen death had something to do with it, but they haven't explored it much.
    They haven't explored it at all lol.

I don't think Queen Bee's done anything since, like, one episode of season 2. I'm just waiting for someone to punch her in the face.
    I'm pretty sure the one time we see her doing anything at all in season 2 was that flashback that shows how Garfield's mother died, even then, we don't even see her there (Nor Garfield's mother), since it's after the mother's death, and you have to read the fucking tie-in comic to see how it happened.

Kinda funny and annoying that tie-in comic is even how you would learn that Ocean Master is Orm before season 3, guy's so sidelined it's on a fucking tie-in he gets any sort of development lol.

Well, she and Freddy were on the Team around when Jason, Tula, and Garth were, I believe.
    Huh, so maybe Tula and Jason dying are why she "had to" quit being a hero... And too fucking bad we didn't get to see that.

Didn't even know Garth was part of the Team, I just assumed he never became a fighter lol.

And hey, this season actually showed how Barbara got crippled, maybe we'll see what happened with that version of the Team, or at least have Mary comment on that.

Speaking of unseen versions of the Team, was Donna part of it? It's too bad they couldn't use her back in season 1... Also I'm wondering if Kara will even show up in this, hell, could be fun if we even get a Kara who grows up and becomes Power Girl.

Yeah, he was with Barry when they tried to stop a prison break. He's "Shazam" now, so apparently something happened to the Wizard.
    Aw that sucks... Although maybe the Zatanna focused episodes might use him.

The show invented it.
    Nice, it's a cool gimmick.

A lot of people speculated that Phantom Girl pulled Conner out of the lava.
    Hm... Then what about that body they left there? A decoy?

Thinking of it, we also had a thing where Conner did legit die in the comics before Flashpoint, and he only could be resurrected in the future (Or something like that), and his body stayed in the present 'cause of that, we even had that epic moment in Blackest Night where Conner used his own body to escape from a black lantern ring, but anyways, maybe that's another thing that's going on with him?

Id think that sword fighting is much easier and cheaper to do than intricate hand fighting.
    I mean, if they're just swinging the sword around, then hand to hand fighting can be just random punches and kicks, they don't really have to do anything more complex than "Cassandra's punches hit more often than the rest" lol.

And yeah, it makes her look like a scrub if she's not doing movements that aren't based on actual martial arts, but then again, she's not looking that good with that sword either lol.

It isnt brute force like a Superboy/Wonder Girl type scene and this season they are trying to save the money anyway they can.
    Honestly, if they want to save money, they should drop that New 52 movies art style, those are more detailed than the season 1's and 2's art style, which makes the animation in general harder and more expensive.

She's trying not to kill and is using a weapon made for maiming and killing, why the hell should she keep using it? Lol.

At least have a sword where only one side of the blade actually cuts, that way she can use that part to hit opponents, while the bladed side could be used to cut weapons or somethin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wouldn’t need to be so stingy if Weisman didn’t keep trying to shove every character in the DCU into the show…
    At this point, the ridiculous amount of DCU characters showing up is part of the show's charm, although, season 4 toned it down, so far that is.

but WB really should give this a bigger budget given the push into animation they’re gearing up for.
    The cartoon getting a bigger budget would be nice.

I don't know if the amount of characters effects the budget but it does seem to kind of stretch how much the show can do at times. I saw people complaining about characters just standing around doing nothing during the Klarion fight that never would've happened in season 1.
    Yeah well, more characters means they should be doing more during fights, so the animators would have to take into consideration the extra characters and have them do something, even getting knocked out is something extra to animate, and also means having to hire more voice actors, which can be bad if they're not available, and season 3 with the ridiculously high amount of times the characters are just mute even in scenes they really shouldn't be, shows how bad that can be.

Not that this didn't happen in previous seasons, at least once in season 1 we have a moment where Red Arrow is standing around quietly and he doesn't reply when someone talks with him, so that was always there, but it didn't happen that much, and season 3 had it happen too much, with the absolute worst example being the Kenny girl and Forager not saying anything when Geo-Force killed his uncle, and considering that they were the closest characters to him besides Terra, them saying nothing when that happens is ridiculous.

Having a sword doesnt mean instant kill. The batfam isnt anti-violence and you still do a lot to someone with a sword without killing them.
    Again, maiming, even if it doesn't kill, it is brutal lol.

While hand2hand combat would be preferred, at least Cass is getting exposed to the general audience and getting a fairly good storyline so Im happy with it.
    It's actually hilarious that Tim debutted before her in YJ, and he's ridicuously sidelined while Cassandra got a plot going on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Oh hey, Samurai Jack reference .

It just doesn't seem to naturally gel with how they operate or how the family generally fights, because a sword just seems like a weird fit for precise, non-lethal, crime-fighters.

It's like she's Wolverine in an X-Men cartoon for kids who is using a deadly weapon but can only use it on stuff that she can get away with using it on. When she actually stabs someone with it, like Shiva, it's a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Batfamily is also "HOT" and fans view many of them as self-insert characters.
    Hey, the Metal Men can be pretty hot. I mean, have you seen Platinum ?
    I'm pretty sure the one time we see her doing anything at all in season 2 was that flashback that shows how Garfield's mother died, even then, we don't even see her there (Nor Garfield's mother), since it's after the mother's death, and you have to read the fucking tie-in comic to see how it happened.

Kinda funny and annoying that tie-in comic is even how you would learn that Ocean Master is Orm before season 3, guy's so sidelined it's on a fucking tie-in he gets any sort of development lol.
    I think she also did something in that episode where they de-programmed Blue Beetle.
    Huh, so maybe Tula and Jason dying are why she "had to" quit being a hero... And too fucking bad we didn't get to see that.

Didn't even know Garth was part of the Team, I just assumed he never became a fighter lol.

And hey, this season actually showed how Barbara got crippled, maybe we'll see what happened with that version of the Team, or at least have Mary comment on that.

Speaking of unseen versions of the Team, was Donna part of it? It's too bad they couldn't use her back in season 1... Also I'm wondering if Kara will even show up in this, hell, could be fun if we even get a Kara who grows up and becomes Power Girl.
    I assume we'll get a flashback if only so they can show her transformed form, assuming things don't get desperate enough that she has to transform at some point in the present-day, because she still couldn't say "Shazam" which must mean she can still transform.

Donna was also part of the Team as Troia.
    Hm... Then what about that body they left there? A decoy?

Thinking of it, we also had a thing where Conner did legit die in the comics before Flashpoint, and he only could be resurrected in the future (Or something like that), and his body stayed in the present 'cause of that, we even had that epic moment in Blackest Night where Conner used his own body to escape from a black lantern ring, but anyways, maybe that's another thing that's going on with him?
    The Legion got some explaining to do one way or another...
    I mean, if they're just swinging the sword around, then hand to hand fighting can be just random punches and kicks, they don't really have to do anything more complex than "Cassandra's punches hit more often than the rest" lol.

And yeah, it makes her look like a scrub if she's not doing movements that aren't based on actual martial arts, but then again, she's not looking that good with that sword either lol.
    I expect better from something with Brandon Vietti attached to it.
    Yeah well, more characters means they should be doing more during fights, so the animators would have to take into consideration the extra characters and have them do something, even getting knocked out is something extra to animate, and also means having to hire more voice actors, which can be bad if they're not available, and season 3 with the ridiculously high amount of times the characters are just mute even in scenes they really shouldn't be, shows how bad that can be.

Not that this didn't happen in previous seasons, at least once in season 1 we have a moment where Red Arrow is standing around quietly and he doesn't reply when someone talks with him, so that was always there, but it didn't happen that much, and season 3 had it happen too much, with the absolute worst example being the Kenny girl and Forager not saying anything when Geo-Force killed his uncle, and considering that they were the closest characters to him besides Terra, them saying nothing when that happens is ridiculous.
    Oh man, the mute characters because they didn't have their voice actors in the episode gets to me even more than the frequent slideshows.
    It's actually hilarious that Tim debutted before her in YJ, and he's ridicuously sidelined while Cassandra got a plot going on lol.
    And Spoiler is still kind of just...there.

It just doesn't seem to naturally gel with how they operate or how the family generally fights, because a sword just seems like a weird fit for precise, non-lethal, crime-fighters.

It's like she's Wolverine in an X-Men cartoon for kids who is using a deadly weapon but can only use it on stuff that she can get away with using it on. When she actually stabs someone with it, like Shiva, it's a bad thing.
    And Wolverine at least has the excuse of being an aggressive ******* and the claws are part of him, Cassandra while trained to be an assassin, again, avoids actually killing or even maiming lol.

Hey, the Metal Men can be pretty hot. I mean, have you seen Platinum :P?
    Please, if we're talking about beauty standards, the hottest one is Mercury .

I think she also did something in that episode where they de-programmed Blue Beetle.
    Oh yeah, I think she says something about Blue Beetle being not being controlled by the Reach as a good thing, which might be the first time they confirm The Light wants to screw over The Reach, so I guess there's that going on for her.

I assume we'll get a flashback if only so they can show her transformed form, assuming things don't get desperate enough that she has to transform at some point in the present-day, because she still couldn't say "Shazam" which must mean she can still transform.
    Yeah the fact she avoided to say it means she likely can transform still.

Hey, maybe YJ is adapting her becoming evil? Y'know, like in Countdown when she became evil for no reason, or when Final Crisis explained that and was explained Desaad possessed her, maybe something like that happened at some point, and might be why she quit being a super hero.

Donna was also part of the Team as Troia.
    Thinking of it, her actual name in YJ is Troia for some reason.

She called Hippolyta "mother" in a season 3 episode, maybe she's an Amazonian here? Could even be the mirror origin, or it's the "adopted by Amazons" origin and Hippolyta raised her.

The Legion got some explaining to do one way or another...
    Whatever it is, it seems they already solved whatever they were doing in Mars, since episode 9's post credits scene shows them on Earth watching Beast Boy's shitty Star Trek rip-off, so maybe Conner is safe.

I expect better from something with Brandon Vietti attached to it.
    Hey we got episode 8's awesome fight scene at least lol.

But honestly, can't blame them too much, even the New 52 movies struggled with good animation at times, and I'm pretty sure it's because of that art style.

More detailed art styles are just worse for good animation in general, look at Dragon Ball Super, at times the animation was just embarassing, it's only at the very end we got better looking fights with consistency, and it's likely that if they used simpler art style, the fights would look better, and that's something I believe would happen with YJ too, 'cause it's annoying to go back to season 1 and 2 and seeing that more fluid animation and being reminded that we're not getting that with seasons 3 and 4, and while I like the dark fight scene in season 4's episode 8, again, it still has awkwardly stiff moments.

Oh man, the mute characters because they didn't have their voice actors in the episode gets to me
    Don't you love it when Garfield tells Tim that Cassie is gonna be pissed when she learns of what he did and he just lowers his head in shame without saying anything? Or when, in the same episode, M'Gann and Conner are having an argument but we can't hear it 'cause they're using telepathy? Or when we have Black Lightning sad for the episode and he doesn't say anything, and then Static arrives to support him and he also doesn't say anything? .

I can understand characters being quiet when their presence in a scene is not really relevant, but when they should say something but are quiet 'cause the voice actor isn't available, that just sucks, and shows that YJ's season 3 was using too many characters at once in situations like that.

At the very least, Cassandra will never have voice actor issues :P.

even more than the frequent slideshows.
    The slideshows in flashbacks is hilarious and annoying, I like to think that's how characters moved back then, before they evolved to be able to actually move .

And Spoiler is still kind of just...there.
    I thought she would get more to do since she was among season 3's new characters which they showed the designs, but uh, she showed up in one episode and I'm not even sure if she talked there.

I think Arrowette has more screen time than her, which's kinda depressing since Arrowette is just "Some other arrow character", and that's still more going on for her than what Spoiler has lol.