Page 510 of 687 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 7,636 to 7,650 of 10304

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I think the main issue with the reboot was it didn't go the whole way with the story. I thought they were going for a Netflix She-Ra or Young Justice level of overarching epic by bringing Faust aboard (I'm not a 'bronie' lol but I assumed My Little Pony was similarly popular because it apparently had complex story and characterizations?)
    Complex characterization, yes, but not complex stories, at least not in the vein of She-Ra or YJ. MLP:FIM and DCSHG were very similar shows tone-wise, with SHG having more multi-episode arcs

Also it’s overly simplistic to call Harley Quinn a villain in the show, as every single one of her appearance hammered (heh) us with the fact that she and Barbara were best friends who really truly did care for eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they make for good contrasts, particularly because the reboot was so vibrant, dynamic, and colorful .
    Never said they didn't, never put the reboot down - just saying personally the original is much more my speed and jam y'know? The reboot was fun, but felt a little much to me at times. Stylistic and tonal preferences I guess. The reboot was fine, but I still will wish I'd had gotten more content of the original iteration myself.

I think the main issue with the reboot was it didn't go the whole way with the story. I thought they were going for a Netflix She-Ra or Young Justice level of overarching epic by bringing Faust aboard (I'm not a 'bronie' lol but I assumed My Little Pony was similarly popular because it apparently had complex story and characterizations?)

Instead Nu DCSHG felt like TTG to OG DCSHG's TT 2000s if TTG replaced 2 of the characters from the original and made them villains. The issue was it wasn't even AS silly as TTG so it didn't even work as toddler bait.
    I think it was more like a balance between Justice League Action and TTG!
    I assure you that no secure, mature white person is going to find that offensive

And to spell it out for the rest, Comics Magma is one of a billion white characters while Evolution Magma was the first Native Latina X-Men to be featured on a show or movie. Obviously people thought she was groundbreaking representation until they saw that the comics version was just another white girl (who btw to make matters worse, brownfaced in her original story). Even Magma's creator Chris Claremont now finds her a dumb character.
    I still like Amara in any form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Never said they didn't, never put the reboot down - just saying personally the original is much more my speed and jam y'know? The reboot was fun, but felt a little much to me at times. Stylistic and tonal preferences I guess. The reboot was fine, but I still will wish I'd had gotten more content of the original iteration myself.
    The comedy and characters acting dumb (and the boys being idiots) could kind of get to me at times, but I appreciated the more fast-paced action, comic-accurate costumes, Zatanna, and villain girls being villainous .

Although nuDCSHG didn't have Mera, which is a shame (although they also didn't turn Black Canary into a criminal like one comic did...). I also wish they didn't force Supergirl into basically being Power Girl.

Of course now I also remember how the last season of the original went out with the flash animation and felt like it deserved a better finale...

I am more than happy to see the new version of Robin erased from existence .

I think it was more like a balance between Justice League Action and TTG!
    JLA itself was a balance between JL and TTG so this was just veering more into TTG territory without committing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Complex characterization, yes, but not complex stories, at least not in the vein of She-Ra or YJ. MLP:FIM and DCSHG were very similar shows tone-wise, with SHG having more multi-episode arcs
    Interesting.

Also it’s overly simplistic to call Harley Quinn a villain in the show, as every single one of her appearance hammered (heh) us with the fact that she and Barbara were best friends who really truly did care for eachother.
    Well, she switched from Chaotic Good to Chaotic Evil.

Ivy went from Lawful Good to Lawful Evil.

T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

I can't talk about the original DCSHG, it looked exclusively target to girls. Cool.

The reboot, at least for me, was more like the original PowerPuff Girls, a funny show with action that would get the attention of boys and girls, starred by superheroines who also have a regular life.

JLA itself was a balance between JL and TTG so this was just veering more into TTG territory without committing to it.
    The only thing JLA and TTG have in common is their episode length

EDIT: And they both have Cyborg in it

Incredible Member

"HBO Max from go had only ordered a single season of the onetime Cartoon Network and DC Universe series, and that plan has not changed. There are currently no plans for a Season 5, I am told."

https://tvline.com/lists/she-hulk-sp...tice-season-5/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    "HBO Max from go had only ordered a single season of the onetime Cartoon Network and DC Universe series, and that plan has not changed. There are currently no plans for a Season 5, I am told."

Well that’s unfortunate to hear.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The comedy and characters acting dumb (and the boys being idiots) could kind of get to me at times, but I appreciated the more fast-paced action, comic-accurate costumes, Zatanna, and villain girls being villainous .

Although nuDCSHG didn't have Mera, which is a shame (although they also didn't turn Black Canary into a criminal like one comic did...). I also wish they didn't force Supergirl into basically being Power Girl.

Of course now I also remember how the last season of the original went out with the flash animation and felt like it deserved a better finale...

I am more than happy to see the new version of Robin erased from existence .
    I think we can agree then that it was lucky we both got a version of this property we preferred while it was a thing. Plus both versions were a welcome contrast to TTG imo.

The show has come back from worst.

Good thing I never finished S3 I guess. Figured I'd start binging the rest sooner or later to get up to speed. Guess not.

I'm pretty sure we got two seasons of YJ on HBO Max.

While is sad to see the show die, last season was the worst one in my opinion.
    They had two seasons to end their Darkseid storyline, but choose not to. Once again we end the series in a cliffhanger.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Should have stayed cancelled. Better to go out wanting more than slide into increasing mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm pretty sure we got two seasons of YJ on HBO Max.

While is sad to see the show die, last season was the worst one in my opinion.
    They had two seasons to end their Darkseid storyline, but choose not to. Once again we end the series in a cliffhanger.
    Was one on DCU when it got absorbed into Max?