Page 195 of 695 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Oh didn't know she did Voltron. Ya the Legion might appear. If they do this will be awesome.

The continuity sounded vague in the description.
    I know they were vague about which would be in-continuity or standalone last year too.

We didn't know Death/Reign was going to be in-continuity until a pic from the sneak peek on Itunes leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is it even really the New 52 animated universe anymore? I mean, Death/Reign, Judas Contract, the whole Titans and Trigon thing...none of that was based around the New 52 aside from maybe some designs.

At this point it's basically just it's own thing.
    Those stories are still at this universe' foundation so it will still be that to me. I also personally don't like any of the adaptations because they are very loosely based on the comics. Character relationships are all out of wack and developments feel non existent. Also this universe just feels needlessly dark and boring which I associate with that era of comics which still affects the medium and beyond to this day.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Those stories are still at this universe' foundation so it will still be that to me. I also personally don't like any of the adaptations because they are very loosely based on the comics. Character relationships are all out of wack and developments feel non existent. Also this universe just feels needlessly dark and boring which I associate with that era of comics which still affects the medium and beyond to this day.
    I mean, I know they started off with a pretty one-to-one New 52 adaption with War, but I think they've over time pretty much developed into their own thing more or less.

Just continuing to call it a "New 52 animated universe" just feels disingenuous to me.

At least as far as adaptions go I think Judas Contract and Death of Superman were pretty faithful despite the liberties they had to take with those stories.

They didn't really adapt Court of Owls with Batman vs. Robin, and Thrones of Altantis ended up being kind of it's own thing too.

Harley Quinn confirmed for lego movie 2.

I mean, I know they started off with a pretty one-to-one New 52 adaption with War, but I think they've over time pretty much developed into their own thing more or less.

Just continuing to call it a "New 52 animated universe" just feels disingenuous to me.

At least as far as adaptions go I think Judas Contract and Death of Superman were pretty faithful despite the liberties they had to take with those stories.

They didn't really adapt Court of Owls with Batman vs. Robin, and Thrones of Altantis ended up being kind of it's own thing too.
    What I mean is that it continues the spirit of those stories. To me non of the voice actors feel like their characters, I'm not saying bring the old ones back but the current bunch don't sound very good. The costumes, attitude, unnecessary deaths and blood are things that just drag it down. It just feels like a mishmash of the New 52's greatest hits and then they doubled back and start adapting versions of other great stories that they can try to fit into this universe.

This is just my opinion if you like it cool. I wish I did but I don't find anything really enjoyable with the past animated stuff. Last one I enjoyed was Assualt on Arkham. That was 12 movies ago.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Harley Quinn confirmed for lego movie 2.

Does that mean Joker will turn up as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What I mean is that it continues the spirit of those stories. To me non of the voice actors feel like their characters, I'm not saying bring the old ones back but the current bunch don't sound very good. The costumes, attitude, unnecessary deaths and blood are things that just drag it down. It just feels like a mishmash of the New 52's greatest hits and then they doubled back and start adapting versions of other great stories that they can try to fit into this universe.

This is just my opinion if you like it cool. I wish I did but I don't find anything really enjoyable with the past animated stuff. Last one I enjoyed was Assualt on Arkham. That was 12 movies ago.
    Fair enough .

(You didn't like Gotham by Gaslight?).

Fantastic Member

So Teen Titans Go to the movies debuted and has a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes Yay
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tee...to_the_movies/
    Last edited by reni344; 07-21-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    So Teen Titans Go to the movies debuted and has a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes Yay
    I was expecting this movie would do well, or better then most DC movies at this point .

DC's 2019 Animated Feature Film slate:

- Reign Of the Supermen

- Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.

- Batman: Hush.

- Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.
    I've been wondering something. We know WB Animation got their budget slashed, which is why they've been so adamant on reusing the New 52 designs. With the new DC Universe offering another way to monetize their movies, is it possible the animation side might get a budget increased? Better movies would make people more inclined to check out their service after all.

I haven't given much thought to how the DC Universe streaming service will effect their animated universe, will all movies become available upon release for streaming at the same time as the Bu-Ray release?
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Besides the regular original animated features, did we learn about any other upcoming animated projects like Batman Ninja or those Batman Unlimited movies?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

DC's 2019 Animated Feature Film slate:

- Reign Of the Supermen

- Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.

- Batman: Hush.

- Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.
    Hush being in continuity is good, most overrated comic book story of ALL TIME changes will be welcomed.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

so teen titans go to the movies debuted and has a 100% score on rotten tomatoes yay
    yes !!!!!!!

The trailer looks surprisingly good, so I’m not too surprised that it’s getting positive early reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I've been wondering something. We know WB Animation got their budget slashed, which is why they've been so adamant on reusing the New 52 designs. With the new DC Universe offering another way to monetize their movies, is it possible the animation side might get a budget increased? Better movies would make people more inclined to check out their service after all.
    I don't know if that's the reason. I think it had more to do with them having these films in an ongoing continuity, so you'd have to use the same designs from one movie to the next.

Although it might've been why some Bourassa character designs from past movies/shows were re-used for minor characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    I haven't given much thought to how the DC Universe streaming service will effect their animated universe, will all movies become available upon release for streaming at the same time as the Bu-Ray release?
    I know that they have some of the backlog of the Animated Feature line on the service (like First Flight), but I don't think they commented on whether there might be same-day digital release for the current movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Besides the regular original animated features, did we learn about any other upcoming animated projects like Batman Ninja or those Batman Unlimited movies?
    Nope.

I don't think the toyline for Unlimited did that well, so I don't expect we'll see another entry in that for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Hush being in continuity is good, most overrated comic book story of ALL TIME changes will be welcomed.
    Well, we don't know exactly which movies will be in-continuity or not.

I think JL vs. FF is pretty likely, but it could go either way with Hush and Bloodlines in my opinion.