Page 294 of 693 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Concept art for the new Superman cartoon.

Oh this is amazing. Is the little girl supposed to be Kelly Olsen from the Supergirl show?

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Whaaaat! You've got to be kidding me, well that's depressing.
    Welcome to the life of a WW fan. :P

Patty wants to do an Amazon prequel show but I don't know if DC has green lit it or not and she is currently working on a Star Wars project for Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Especially since all of her (admittedly few) live action ventures have barely used her villains. I just saw a comment on YouTube the other day of someone under the impression that Wonder Woman doesn't have a Rogues Gallery at all... which is stupefying because Villainy Inc. was the first supervillain team-up in all of comics!

A WWTAS would definitely do for the Wonder Villains what BTAS did for Batman's Rogues Gallery. And show people that there are more female supervillains beyond Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn.
    Because, Bruce, when she deals with her villains, she deals with them. :P

I'm kidding. Anyone who cites this argument probably can't name a villain beyond Ares, Cheetah, Giganta and Circe or one that wasn't created by Azarello or Geoff Johns.

Villainy Inc is technically the second super villain team up where every villain has been introduced previously in a separate story. The only exception was Eviless. The first was Captain Marvel/Billy Batson's 'Monster Society'. But yes, they predate the Sinister Six, the Legion of Doom and the Superman Revenge Squad.

The great thing about Wonder Woman villains is that they are far ranging. She has mythical based villains, sci fi based villains (including alien races) and more down-to-earth street level villains. You can tell any story with them in any setting, in any genre. WW's rogues gallery could be just as iconic as Superman, Batman and Spider-Man's.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The great thing about Wonder Woman villains is that they are far ranging. She has mythical based villains, sci fi based villains (including alien races) and more down-to-earth street level villains. You can tell any story with them in any setting, in any genre. WW's rogues gallery could be just as iconic as Superman, Batman and Spider-Man's.
    + Veronica Cale, who is Lex but also a lady so even more interesting in this day and age of fake "girlboss" corporate feminism.

She actually has a more robust rogues gallery than Supes IMO.

+ Veronica Cale, who is Lex but also a lady so even more interesting in this day and age of fake "girlboss" corporate feminism.
    Gotta disagree with you there bud, never liked Veronica Cale and never will. She's one of the reasons why Rucka's rebirth storyline dragged on for so long.

The appealing thing about Lex is that he is a bald man that naturally excels as top dog in the corporare world, but whose manhood is naturally challenged by Superman's own existence, and yet he pretends that there's something more complex behind it.

I never liked copycats, but Veronica Cale's can't be as good regardless because the joke of emasculation isn't there.

Dr Poison would've been a much better choice as the secret schemer than Veronica Cale.

And I agree that Wonder Woman can cross lots of genres and we should see more of it in media.

Veronica is a good addition to the Wonder Woman Rogues Gallery. Diana hasn't had a corporate villains before and 'corporate Karen with a grudge against Wonder Woman and who takes it too far and bites more than she can chew' is an interesting concept. The only problem, imo, was that Rucka went too far in making his pet character the center of WW's rogues gallery with too many of WW's long standing enemies either working for her or Cale having a hand in creating them. I would have loved it if Cale showed her attitude to Barbara Minvera and Circe only for both of them to be unimpressed and go 'bitch, what makes you think you can tell us what to do?'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Gotta disagree with you there bud, never liked Veronica Cale and never will. She's one of the reasons why Rucka's rebirth storyline dragged on for so long.

The appealing thing about Lex is that he is a bald man that naturally excels as top dog in the corporare world, but whose manhood is naturally challenged by Superman's own existence, and yet he pretends that there's something more complex behind it.

I never liked copycats, but Veronica Cale's can't be as good regardless because the joke of emasculation isn't there.
    Cale is interesting because women have to compromise far more than men to climb the corporate ladder (usually and speaking from what I've personally observed), so the existence of Diana enrages her as much as Kal-El emasculates Lex because WW is an uncompromised goddess who the world readily embraced without facing any of the trials and judgements that Cale faces. The dynamic is similar to Supes/Lex but also different due to the female aspect of it.

The potential is there for her to be fascinating. I'd actually like to see interactions between Lex and Veronica, based on so many of their commonalities.

The only problem, imo, was that Rucka went too far in making his pet character the center of WW's rogues gallery with too many of WW's long standing enemies either working for her or Cale having a hand in creating them. I would have loved it if Cale showed her attitude to Barbara Minvera and Circe only for both of them to be unimpressed and go 'bitch, what makes you think you can tell us what to do?'.

I still don't find her interesting at all, but that would at least make stories with her more tolerable.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-12-2021 at 06:58 AM.

Yeah, I’ve thought this too. I liked her in both of Rucka’s runs.

Cale is interesting because women have to compromise far more than men to climb the corporate ladder (usually and speaking from what I've personally observed), so the existence of Diana enrages her as much as Kal-El emasculates Lex because WW is an uncompromised goddess who the world readily embraced without facing any of the trials and judgements that Cale faces. The dynamic is similar to Supes/Lex but also different due to the female aspect of it.
    The thing is that I don't think keeping the exact same dynamic but changing the gender actually makes it as interesting. And Lex Luthor says the exact same thing. He claims he is a self made man and that Superman never worked for what he had (in truth it's just about him feeling emasculated). He says the same thing as Diana.

The potential is there for her to be fascinating. I'd actually like to see interactions between Lex and Veronica, based on so many of their commonalities.
    They literally have the same personality. What could be interesting about that?

Imagine if you gave Diana a sadistic funny clown that keeps telling her they need each other while creating cruel torture schemes for her.

I would have loved it if Cale showed her attitude to Barbara Minvera and Circe only for both of them to be unimpressed and go 'bitch, what makes you think you can tell us what to do?'.
    I mean, if we overthink to that degree, then Lex leading the Legion of Doom supervillains easily falls apart as well. With her resources, it made sense that Cale would be the one to organize and bring together Godwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The thing is that I don't think keeping the exact same dynamic but changing the gender actually makes it as interesting. And Lex Luthor says the exact same thing. He claims he is a self made man and that Superman never worked for what he had (in truth it's just about him feeling emasculated). He says the same thing as Diana.
    The difference is Cale has more of a point when she says it because it is more difficult for a woman to make it in Man's World. Of course, that only underlines her hypocrisy in alienating and trying to bring down other powerful women. So I think she is different enough.

They literally have the same personality. What could be interesting about that?
    In a cutthroat professional environment, they would be rivals to each other and may even want to see the other dead. But the presence of these god like figures that intimidate both of them forces them to cooperate, so it could be interesting.

Imagine if you gave Diana a sadistic funny clown that keeps telling her they need each other while creating cruel torture schemes for her.
    You just described Doctor Psycho, minus the overt sexism. Though the Harley Quinn animated series succeeded in giving him a personality different enough from The Joker.

Turns out women in corporate positions can be just as corrupt as men, who'd-a thunk.

Rebirth Cale is more sympathetic, but still a villain. The sympathetic elements made me like her more though since she only cares about a very small group of people. That being her daughter and A.I. Dr. Cyber.

Anybody else she'd toss under a bus.

Doesn't help they keep phasing New Gods into his gallery and keep him in a strict alien syfy setting. (He's had magical adventures too, DC )

Wonder Woman's always been fighting weirdos ranging from science fiction to fantasy to real-world myth. She covers all the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Doesn't help they keep phasing New Gods into his gallery and keep him in a strict alien syfy setting. (He's had magical adventures too, DC )

Wonder Woman's always been fighting weirdos ranging from science fiction to fantasy to real-world myth. She covers all the bases.
    I liked STAS trying to balance out Superman's Rogue's gallery with OG Earth based villains, but the comics didn't bother making an effort with anyone beyond Livewire (who I think was only favored thanks to the Girls Nite Out crossover episode).

The Elite, or at least Manchester Black, needs to be built up as a prominent foe. They are the reverse Boys/Billy Butcher to Kal-El's straight Homelander, and that's a dynamic that I personally find more appealing than Homelander/Billy Butcher.

The Apokoliptians should strictly be Justice League adversaries if they need to be shoehorned into anyone's Rogue's, not of individual members like Superman and Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm still waiting on a more adult-oriented (I don't mean that with nudity or excessive violence, just more mature subject material) Green Arrow/Black Canary series. Really let Ollie and Dinah tackle a city beset with proper corruption and riddled with crime that preys on the destitute.
    My mind must be in the gutter because my immediate thought was this show doing justice to Ollie and Dinah's passionate sex life and not the deep, topical, issues they would have to deal with in Star City.

That being said...I think an all ages show could probably still do justice to deeper and serious topics, as DC has demonstrated on numerous occasions.

Especially since all of her (admittedly few) live action ventures have barely used her villains. I just saw a comment on YouTube the other day of someone under the impression that Wonder Woman doesn't have a Rogues Gallery at all... which is stupefying because Villainy Inc. was the first supervillain team-up in all of comics!
    Thanks Geoff Johns.
    Oh this is amazing. Is the little girl supposed to be Kelly Olsen from the Supergirl show?
    She's a member of the Newsgirl Legion.