Page 207 of 693 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Image as in how she is viewed by the mass audience, I'll try to be more clear for you next time.

You had this same argument with someone else about this same subject. You went in circles about it then.

I wasn't saying that because she has a sword she is literally a worse character that doesn't have compassion. To me I view swords as strength or power, I don't see anything inertially compassionate. I view a lasso as restraining which I associate with empathy and submission. Her lasso was literally created as an allegory for feminine charm and those positive effects it has on people and how it relates to submission and truth. That truth is used for justice and freedom. Now to you, you might think as justice as eye for an eye. I don't, I think prison and second chance. I don't see someone fighting her when she has a sword as getting out alive for that second chance.
    Yeah I had this argument before and the other guy made about as much sense as you are right now.

I mean, if you can provide poll numbers or something of the number of people looking at these images and coming away with the idea that Diana isn't compassionate that would be great. But this comes across as you projecting your view on what the sword represents on everyone else. Not to mention the goal post moving. You already admitted that Diana does use lethal force as a last resort, so again, why is her using the sword as such a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah I had this argument before and the other guy made about as much sense as you are right now.

I mean, if you can provide poll numbers or something of the number of people looking at these images and coming away with the idea that Diana isn't compassionate that would be great. But this comes across as you projecting your view on what the sword represents on everyone else. Not to mention the goal post moving. You already admitted that Diana does use lethal force as a last resort, so again, why is her using the sword as such a big deal?
    You talk about goal post moving when that is what you have been doing every time you challenge someone's opinion as if I'm forcing you to like what I like how I like it. Me and Vakanai were just talking about why he liked it and I didn't like about it. I don't attack people for liking things, I wouldn't want to do that otherwise like I keep saying the conversations on here would be boring. You say that I think that Diana isn't somehow compassionate because of a sword or whatever or that somehow admitting that she uses lethal force somehow equals she should have a sword. I can't give you qualitative data for an opinion because it is subjective, not objective. You are operating under the assumption that I'm trying to win some argument or change others minds about the sword. We all project our views and assumptions on things, everyone is biased especially with their own opinions.

Is it a big deal? Depends on your perspective. If Diana had a sword forever would that effect her in the grand scheme of things? Probably not. But then again talking about things you like or dislike in a medium for example comics books on a comic book forum is generally not supposed to be treated like it's a big deal.

If you feel that I'm trying to force my opinions on you well that sucks that you feel that way. I'm not trying to otherwise I would make everyone love the SA Teen Titans as much as I do.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Also, I'm one of the WW fans who likes her with a sword. No reason a warrior like Diana wouldn't have a sword (you know, assuming she has a sword that can stand up to her superstrength and the foes she goes against).
    Swords fit warriors, but I don't think it necesarilly fits the kind of warrior Wonder Woman is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Diana can be about compassion and empathy or whatever. But at the end of the day, she's going up against folks who want to hurt her or hurt other people. She still has EVERY right to defend herself. Amethyst carries around a sword. Does that mean she isn't compassionate?
    Well, Amethyst is a different kind of hero then Wonder Woman is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Here are some images of Diana with a sword.

I fail to see how these images project a lack of compassion from the character.

Also, you weren't talking about visuals in the post I replied to. In fact, this is the first time you've brought up visuals as an argument. And if we're talking about visuals, how does a lasso project compassion and peace when a sword doesn't?
    The sword works better with the movie design then the DCAU look.

Astonishing Member

Looks like MK 11 will be fun. But hopefully Netherealms work on a DC fighting game soon after MK11.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Looks like MK 11 will be fun. But hopefully Netherealms work on a DC fighting game soon after MK11.
    I think Injustice 3 is pretty much inevitable, Netherealm is probably just waiting to finish everything on MK11 first.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Injustice 3 is inevitable. I expect that to be announced next year for a 2021 release. Going by the pattern so far.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Injustice 3 is pretty much inevitable, Netherealm is probably just waiting to finish everything on MK11 first.
    Injustice is a flagship now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

i would be all for it. but the universe may need a reboot with so many characters now unavailable in the current continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i would be all for it. but the universe may need a reboot with so many characters now unavailable in the current continuity.
    Injustice is in it's own universe, so I doubt what's going on in the comics will effect it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Injustice is in it's own universe, so I doubt what's going on in the comics will effect it that much.
    I think he means in the Injustice continuity

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Honestly if the games want to use a character, they'll figure out a way to bring them back.

I'm digging the choice to use Star-man, Jessica Cruz, Miss M and Mr. Terrific in the Justice League Fatal five movie. Kinda curious if they each have a specific moment with the Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly if the games want to use a character, they'll figure out a way to bring them back.

I'm digging the choice to use Star-man, Jessica Cruz, Miss M and Mr. Terrific in the Justice League Fatal five movie. Kinda curious if they each have a specific moment with the Trinity.
    I think Wonder Woman is poised to be Persuader's main rival. I think that's one of the reason's she's sporting a sword in this.

Mighty Member

We really don’t need a Batman Beyond movie. Can’t they just do something else?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    We really don’t need a Batman Beyond movie. Can’t they just do something else?
    From twitter this movie is done to counter Miles Morales.

So you counter a biracial teen hero with a white one from the Batman family. Not Duke or Luke.....

Not Jason Rusch, Malcolm Duncan, Bumblebee, Jaime Reyes, Sideways or any of the other teens of color? Or even Static? Or Black Lightning's daughters? Or Natasha Irons?

At a time where folks are SCREAMING for diverse leads. What about Aqualad? Let it be a companion piece to Aquaman.