Page 516 of 695 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 10422

Incredible Member

‘BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER’ is no longer moving forward at HBO Max.

The series will be shopped to other networks/streaming services.

https://tvline.com/lists/batman-cape...tunes-musical/

Incredible Member

Yup. If Batman gets cancelled, no one is safe. At least it can be picked up by another company. I feel like Zaslav is going to cost the whole company more money than he promised to save them with his tactics.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Honestly its just time to boycott the company. This is all getting ridiculous and as a paying customer, they obviously dont want my $$$. I have lost any goodwill they had to offer

Too much goes into animation for them to just cancel projects like this. I feel bad for everyone who spent the last few years working on it just for it to be axed.

Confused about how it's getting shopped to other networks and services as if HBO Max isn't the place it should be good.

Continuous dumb decisions it's depressing for creators and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Honestly its just time to boycott the company. This is all getting ridiculous and as a paying customer, they obviously dont want my $$$. I have lost any goodwill they had to offer
    I don't see enough people dropping the service for this to happen. Although I agree, I just don't know how feasible it would be for it to matter on a grand scale.

If anything this is making me want to return to physical media, although not everything on streaming is available elsewhere.
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 08-22-2022 at 05:47 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Zaslav is a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    ‘BATMAN: CAPED CRUSADER’ is no longer moving forward at HBO Max.

The series will be shopped to other networks/streaming services.

https://tvline.com/lists/batman-cape...tunes-musical/
    ...You've got to be frikkin' kidding me.

Wasn't this supposed to be on Cartoon Network!?

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Too much goes into animation for them to just cancel projects like this. I feel bad for everyone who spent the last few years working on it just for it to be axed.

Confused about how it's getting shopped to other networks and services as if HBO Max isn't the place it should be good.

Continuous dumb decisions it's depressing for creators and fans.

I don't see enough people dropping the service for this to happen. Although I agree, I just don't know how feasible it would be for it to matter on a grand scale.

If anything this is making me want to return to physical media, although not everything on streaming is available elsewhere.
    Oh yeah, I know it wont happen lol but wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Supposed to co-air on CN/HBO Max.

Supposed to co-air on CN/HBO Max.
    So why not just have it on CN? It's a cartoon anyways. Does David Zaslav have any idea how to run a streaming service or what he's doing with the content he owns?

Incredible Member

Cartoon Network is pretty upset with WBD as well and are fighting back, but who knows what good that will do.

So why not just have it on CN? It's a cartoon anyways. Does David Zaslav have any idea how to run a streaming service or what he's doing with the content he owns?
    Who knows. Guess they just want more money. I mean...Superman survived and will be CN exclusive I believe which is surprising that they'd choose Superman over Batman.

Everyone is upset with Warner.

It’s not just the projects cancelled they are firing some good execs that helped build the company into what it was.

Everyone is getting culled. First CNN+ then CNN then HBO now OWN and a good majority of animated projects.

The new head wants to own the world today without any care or conscious of people or culture. HBO has had a very successful business model based around aggressive co-production deals and IP protection. Now they are upending everything and taking away from HBO Max.

HBO Max was the future of everything. Just like how Disney is going all in with Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+

Game of Thrones is great but the service is suppose to be so much more. You can’t just run things like HGTV
    Last edited by Jabare; 08-22-2022 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Phone typos
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Who knows. Guess they just want more money. I mean...Superman survived and will be CN exclusive I believe which is surprising that they'd choose Superman over Batman.
    They could cancel Superman as well. Nothing is safe.

If Batman isn't safe at HBO Max, it's safe to say that no animation is. Wow

Wouldn't be surprised if the direct to dvd/streaming animated films are on the chopping block. They haven't pulled in massive numbers for a good long time.