Page 512 of 693 FirstFirst ... 12412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 7,666 to 7,680 of 10395
    Incredible Member

"Taking off the titles from streaming would also help Warner Bros. Discovery cut costs by removing lesser-watched programs to save money on residuals. An exact date or time when the titles will be taken off has not been announced."

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/hbo...ed-1235344286/

Young Justice will never have a satisfying conclusion anyway, even if it goes on for ten more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    "Taking off the titles from streaming would also help Warner Bros. Discovery cut costs by removing lesser-watched programs to save money on residuals. An exact date or time when the titles will be taken off has not been announced."

Apparently Aquaman: King of Atlantis is leaving streaming.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

this makes whatever they are creating less appealing

Being a pirate is a better option to get what I want since they have decided to not make it accessible through any means
    Warnermax warner plus better have some bangers if they even want to bother with the streaming model

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Weisman's inability to commit to endings and obsession with the slow-burn did the show in. That and trying to take on too much.
    I honestly think that's part of what's doing it. The show's decrease in quality is doing it more, but the inability to provide satisfying closure isn't helping.

One of the reasons that fans fight to stop a show from being cancelled or want it to get at least one last season isn't just because they would love to see it continue for long as it can, it's also because they don't want to be left hanging: they want to see how the story ends.

No matter how many times the Young Justice show is saved, the audience is ultimately going to be left hanging because even when the creators knows the show's chances of renewal are hanging by a barely visible thread, they won't try to wrap up the story. Fans will never get closure - they'll never get to see the grand finale of a story that's been building for literal years because the show won't give it to them. Some people have waited years and season four proved that no matter how many seasons the show gets, they're never going to get the resolution they've been waiting for.

That's one of the problem with Greg Weisman's idea of a never-ending story: he keeps building to an ending that the audience is never going to see. He could wrap up the story, provide a satisfying conclusion and then start another story that follows what happened afterwards, but he won't.

Slow burn usually means "until we have to" while with Young Justice, slow burn means "Never"
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 08-18-2022 at 02:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

Being a pirate is a better option to get what I want since they have decided to not make it accessible through any means
    Warnermax warner plus better have some bangers if they even want to bother with the streaming model
    I saw on twitter someone asked a question about whether these series would be re uploaded once the merged discovery/max is launched so it's possible. I don't know how you can take a quote about cutting lesser watched programs and glean that whatever they are creating is less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm pretty sure we got two seasons of YJ on HBO Max.
    One. Season 3 was on DC Universe, and moved to HBO Max when it became a comics reading only platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Does it really end on a cliffhanger? Honestly most of the major character arcs seem pretty resolved. Yeah, sure Darkseid is doing something out there but it's like if Breaking Bad ended on Season 4.
    Mary Marvel and Supergirl being villains? Definitely.

Yeah, all deleting shows does is encourage us to fly the Jolly Roger.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I honestly think that's part of what's doing it. The show's decrease in quality is doing it more, but the inability to provide satisfying closure isn't helping.

One of the reasons that fans fight to stop a show from being cancelled or want it to get at least one last season isn't just because they would love to see it continue for long as it can, it's also because they don't want to be left hanging: they want to see how the story ends.

No matter how many times the Young Justice show is saved, the audience is ultimately going to be left hanging because even when the creators knows the show's chances of renewal are hanging by a barely visible thread, they won't try to wrap up the story. Fans will never get closure - they'll never get to see the grand finale of a story that's been building for literal years because the show won't give it to them. Some people have waited years and season four proved that no matter how many seasons the show gets, they're never going to get the resolution they've been waiting for.

That's one of the problem with Greg Weisman's idea of a never-ending story: he keeps building to an ending that the audience is never going to see. He could wrap up the story, provide a satisfying conclusion and then start another story that follows what happened afterwards, but he won't.

Slow burn usually means "until we have to" while with Young Justice, slow burn means "Never"
    The thing with "the never ending story" as a general concept is that some things do end while others continue. If he'd delivered a solid defeat to Vndal Savage and wanted to keep going I think the whole thing would be better received

I don't pirate things, there are so many things I want to watch that I just move on to something different.

Like HBO Max is dropping a bunch of things I like, so I've moved on to other streaming services.

Extraordinary Member

So YJ really is canceled

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't pirate things
    You should really try it some time, it’s quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You should really try it some time, it’s quite fun.
    Nah, I’ve got enough to watch as is

Young Justice was still doing good numbers so its cancellation can't be blamed on viewership. According to this article, it was one of the most in demand shows of this year alongside Invincible and What If.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/business...cs-219442.html

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Young Justice was still doing good numbers so its cancellation can't be blamed on viewership. According to this article, it was one of the most in demand shows of this year alongside Invincible and What If.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/business...cs-219442.html
    With lot of good talks, fanarts, memes, I thought Invincible would be putted at "Exceptional" with Arcane.

Nice to see Young Justice got a good grip, the tenacity of YJ fans is admirable. Hope they got more work time to animate and polish the next season
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 08-19-2022 at 03:54 AM.

They should give YJ some spin offs. Wesiman would be a fantastic choice for a solo Green Arrow show or a solo Aquaman show.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They should give YJ some spin offs. Wesiman would be a fantastic choice for a solo Green Arrow show or a solo Aquaman show.
    He's pitched an Arrowfam series before, and it never got past that part.

If he's struggling to keep YJ on, and the show is doing good despite whatever slow burns it may have, then I doubt they'll go for another show.

Which is a shame. While I wish they would focus rather than try to encompass everything, it has a developed world I doubt we'll see in animation again. The least they could do is give us some comics now and again.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom