Page 264 of 693 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314364 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 10395
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They said the same about batgirl so?
    The so is-what is the definition of a risker project being a movie or tv show?

Static held a show that only Digimon had higher ratings than.

Folks know who Batgirl is.

A DECENT ($20-50) million movie for either would not be box office bombs.

That was more on the writer being ignorant. Nothing he said Static Shock NOT Static. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the problem is they could be using more of their minority characters from the comics instead of race-bending.

Why make Tim Drake black when Duke Thomas exists?
    Because they always can used both Tim can be mixed a black male in media out of comics & Duke can full black male there room for both.. Dick, Jason, Tim & DW don’t have need to be white or in DW white passing copies of each other.. Tim & DW mixed, Dick - black hair , Jason reddish hair or black/reddish hair, Duke, Jace & Luke can show up all be full black & give them different hair styles & facial hair aswell Bat characters had a bad habits of all been drawn identical out then there gear..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Because they always can used both Tim can be mixed a black male in media out of comics & Duke can full black male there room for both.. Dick, Jason, Tim & DW don’t have need to be white or in DW white passing copies of each other.. Tim & DW mixed, Dick - black hair , Jason reddish hair or black/reddish hair, Duke, Jace & Luke can show up all be full black & give them different hair styles & facial hair aswell Bat characters had a bad habits of all been drawn identical out then there gear..
    We both know that’s not going to happen. What is going to happen is that WB/DC will have less incentive to use diverse characters like Duke, Jaime, Jessica, Jefferson, Mari, Virgil...etc because they already have diversity in the cast. Why use Karen, Mal or any of the other Black Titans when we have Tim and Starfire already being portrayed by Black actors... classic Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    We both know that’s not going to happen. What is going to happen is that WB/DC will have less incentive to use diverse characters like Duke, Jaime, Jessica, Jefferson, Mari, Virgil...etc because they already have diversity in the cast. Why use Karen, Mal or any of the other Black Titans when we have Tim and Starfire already being portrayed by Black actors... classic Hollywood
    Definitely classic Hollywood but Honestly I specked it to be a case by case situation I definitely think Jessica will be used & maybe even more so now that Monica is being used on wandavison & soon to be films.. When it comes to Virgil don’t know if he will or if you want he definitely deserves to be in should be but since he’s not a DC character only they might act funny when it comes to using him as much as they should.. with Duke I really never expect him to show up as Robin or as Batman’s partner if and when he does show up I think it will be when I do an outsiders related show or movie respected origin to be more or less the same but instead of joining Batman at his house he’ll just go directly to the outsiders which in my mind will more than likely be black lightning, katana black lightning daughters , Duke & maybe Red hood or someone else.

I really never expect Luke and Tim Jace to so up in movies or TV as actual superhero I think they might pop up an animated movies or elsewhere projects in supporting roles only way they ever pop up is if they do like a fox family show far removed from from whatever the main DC universe is doing just like next Batman. Because there’s no way that Jace is going to become Batman Bruce Wayne he has to popular outside we know comics so I don’t know where they’ll do it again if you know within the narrative of the show he’s dead or something.. they could do it if he knows going to be old like in Batman beyond but I just expect them to use Terry or Damien for that and if I do use Terry liked him I’m pretty sure he will be mixed or race bent. Tim & Terry and certain other characters are just ones honestly don’t expect to ever really show up outside of comics unless they are in fact mixed race or racebent other than white for various reasons. Now on the lack of Jamie and Karen is just stupidity and white supremacy pure and simple.. Karen and Malcolm definitely deserve more love. They can easily to give Karen a TV show on CW with Mal as support or Make them Co leaders. Whether the inside, outside of comics marvel/dc seem to continuously try to copy each other so hopefully with the iron heart show happing soon DC will answer back with a bumblebee show / bumblebee/Herald show and whenever marvel decide they want to use Sam Alexander/Nova solo again or since they just brought back reptile in comics maybe they’re gonna do something with him in the MCU then hopefully DC will answer back with Jamie I’m really hopeful that some of that happens because more than likely they’re going to answer back with something and those are the most logical and I already somewhere out there in the media outside of comics.. Alos imo Vixen should be in movies where ion JL or leading the GG. And Karen & Mai shouldn’t show up in Titans the show but get there own thing..

To be honest I think Ryan Potter would've been a great fit for Tim (and we don't have an Asian male in the main Batfamily).

I can live with Jason having a skunk stripe. Red hair, not so much...

To be honest I think Ryan Potter would've been a great fit for Tim (and we don't have an Asian male in the main Batfamily).

If he wasn’t BB ( which I think he one of better version of that character) I’d definitely be down for that but maybe he can play Tim in Batman movie if Jay isn’t playing Tim there aswell..

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They said the same about batgirl so?
    Eh, it bothers me less when it is the side-kicks/extended family. I just tend to give precedence to the "independent" sort of characters. Batman > Batgirl/Nightwing/Robin, Wonder Woman > Wonder Girl, Superman > Supergirl/Superboy.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ironically, the lower budget movies might turn out to be better. Spielberg famously once said that if he'd had more money to make Raiders, (about $20 million), he'd have made a much more pretentious movie. I don't think he was kidding.
    I could see that. I know it is...mixed here, but I thought 2019's JOKER was one of the best movies in recent years, and the best DC movie since The Dark Knight, and that was hella cheap compared to most.

Yes we do. Damian.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They shouldve just dropped Beast Boy and recast Ryan in the Tim role lol. Make an off hand joke of the two looking similar and leave it at that.

‘Blue Beetle': Angel Manuel Soto to Direct Film About DC Comics’ Latino Superhero

https://www.thewrap.com/angel-manuel...c-warner-bros/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I could see that. I know it is...mixed here, but I thought 2019's JOKER was one of the best movies in recent years, and the best DC movie since The Dark Knight, and that was hella cheap compared to most.
    I liked Joker at first but have no desire to re-watch it soon. You get a great performance from Phoenix and that's really it. Greg Rucka called the movie racist and vile in a podcast and elaborated on that, pushing it further down for me since I'm a big fan of his writing

Sign me up for Asian American Tim Drake as well. Given Tim's pre Nu2 history, the idea just clicks for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes we do. Damian.
    Yeah, that little twerp from a fictitious cult with some vague Asian and Middle Eastern influences who is so often drawn to look caucasian that you forget that his mother is Chinese/Arab.

He's not the type of Asian-American lead people are hungry for right now. An Asian American Tim Drake based on his 90's origin and history would be more in keeping with today's zeitgeist.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ironically, the lower budget movies might turn out to be better. Spielberg famously once said that if he'd had more money to make Raiders, (about $20 million), he'd have made a much more pretentious movie. I don't think he was kidding.
    It's a smart move since there is less loss if a movie doesn't succeed.

I can't handle another blockbuster that tries to compress everything or a tv show that runs on a few episodes too long. I'm more interested in short and punchy mini series right now and I hope DC banks on that.

Also, I wish they would put more people on their animation department, at the current rate they will be animating on two ply toilet paper with a ball point pen.
    Last edited by John Venus; 02-24-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Definitely classic Hollywood but Honestly I specked it to be a case by case situation I definitely think Jessica will be used & maybe even more so now that Monica is being used on wandavison & soon to be films.. When it comes to Virgil don’t know if he will or if you want he definitely deserves to be in should be but since he’s not a DC character only they might act funny when it comes to using him as much as they should.. with Duke I really never expect him to show up as Robin or as Batman’s partner if and when he does show up I think it will be when I do an outsiders related show or movie respected origin to be more or less the same but instead of joining Batman at his house he’ll just go directly to the outsiders which in my mind will more than likely be black lightning, katana black lightning daughters , Duke & maybe Red hood or someone else.

I really never expect Luke and Tim Jace to so up in movies or TV as actual superhero I think they might pop up an animated movies or elsewhere projects in supporting roles only way they ever pop up is if they do like a fox family show far removed from from whatever the main DC universe is doing just like next Batman. Because there’s no way that Jace is going to become Batman Bruce Wayne he has to popular outside we know comics so I don’t know where they’ll do it again if you know within the narrative of the show he’s dead or something.. they could do it if he knows going to be old like in Batman beyond but I just expect them to use Terry or Damien for that and if I do use Terry liked him I’m pretty sure he will be mixed or race bent. Tim & Terry and certain other characters are just ones honestly don’t expect to ever really show up outside of comics unless they are in fact mixed race or racebent other than white for various reasons. Now on the lack of Jamie and Karen is just stupidity and white supremacy pure and simple.. Karen and Malcolm definitely deserve more love. They can easily to give Karen a TV show on CW with Mal as support or Make them Co leaders. Whether the inside, outside of comics marvel/dc seem to continuously try to copy each other so hopefully with the iron heart show happing soon DC will answer back with a bumblebee show / bumblebee/Herald show and whenever marvel decide they want to use Sam Alexander/Nova solo again or since they just brought back reptile in comics maybe they’re gonna do something with him in the MCU then hopefully DC will answer back with Jamie I’m really hopeful that some of that happens because more than likely they’re going to answer back with something and those are the most logical and I already somewhere out there in the media outside of comics.. Alos imo Vixen should be in movies where ion JL or leading the GG. And Karen & Mai shouldn’t show up in Titans the show but get there own thing..
    Just got the Jaime Blue Beetle film announcement today.

You know what. Way way back when they first announced a Ray Fisher Cyborg film. I could picture Mal and Karen as supporting characters in that. Especially Karen.