Page 238 of 693 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 10394
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it would explain how the cable networks have focused so much away from that stuff for their cartoons.
    Well most of those cartoon you saw on cable were from Japan or France. Some with toys or cards already to put out with multi langauges listed on the package.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well most of those cartoon you saw on cable were from Japan or France. Some with toys or cards already to put out with multi langauges listed on the package.
    Yeah, only action cartoons these days seem to be anime. For French, I only know of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn. I liked Ralph.

Retired

That's me done. The CW shows don't come back until January 2021 (or maybe not even then), so I might feel different by that time, but there's just too much stuff going on behind the scenes with the CW shows. I want to just enjoy the shows, but all this other extra drama is getting in the way of that. I don't want to get caught up in another character's story just to have it turn out I should never have invested in that story because of outside matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damn. I liked Ralph.
    Yeah... between the Crisis and other people leaving or backing off like Cisco and Kaitlinn... Ralph and Sue were the only characters I actually LIKED this season. Everyone else is obnoxious and/or boring to tears....

I watched a lot of toyetic anime in my time but I think there was also a lot more action-oriented Western animation on when I was growing up. Or maybe it just felt that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damn. I liked Ralph.
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah... between the Crisis and other people leaving or backing off like Cisco and Kaitlinn... Ralph and Sue were the only characters I actually LIKED this season. Everyone else is obnoxious and/or boring to tears....
    Well, with Ralph they actually have a believable out to just recast the role considering how his powers work.

I mean, they might write him and Sue out but I don't think it's definite.

First the Arrowverse loses Batwoman and now Flash loses Elongated Man...I guess Legends is also losing Charlie. Nobody from Supergirl is confirmed to be gone yet but a lot of people are theorizing Melissa Benoist might be finished after season 7.

Lot of shakeups following Covid-19, it seems. Even though none of it has anything to do with Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First the Arrowverse loses Batwoman and now Flash loses Elongated Man...I guess Legends is also losing Charlie. Nobody from Supergirl is confirmed to be gone yet but a lot of people are theorizing Melissa Benoist might be finished after season 7.

Lot of shakeups following Covid-19, it seems. Even though none of it has anything to do with Covid.
    Yeah I think having a kid will put a limit on how much longer Benoist sticks around, probably why they put Superman & Lois into production. Going to be interesting what the Arrowverse looks like 5 years from now, assuming it’s still around.

I'm just thinking to myself that it just doesn't pay to be a Dibny...

Ask John Boyega about that.

Or Kelly Tran or Michael B Jordan or Jada Pickett Smith or Leslie Jones or any actor of color who had to deal with trolls wanting them fired for being POC.

If Ghostbusters was so bad.... funny no one went after the rest of the white cast like they did Leslie.

Same with Michael B Jordan in Fantastic Four.

Lets not forget Mechad Brooks-who got death threats over Supergirl for doing his job.

Or folks dropping netlfix over a title of a show-Dear White People and wanted it axed.

Meanwhile that guy fired for those old tweets will find work way faster than John Boyega. Because someone in casting/hiring will vuew John at that protest crying is way more offensive than what that actor said.
    Trolls suck. Trolls should be fired. Everyone hates internet trolls for damn good reason. Doesn't mean we should do what trolls do. Trolls being racist against black people doesn't mean the answer is to be racist against white people.

Just saying the comment I quoted isn't right - "they should fire more white actors" isn't the same as saying Hollywood should be more diverse, representive, and inclusive. White privilege is bad, racism is bad, and change needs to happen now. But saying more people of a certain skin color should be fired obviously isn't the answer to any of that.

But that's all I have to say on that topic - I have no intention of discussing race or world affairs on a comic book forum. That's not why I come here.

Ask John Boyega about that.

Or Kelly Tran or Michael B Jordan or Jada Pickett Smith or Leslie Jones or any actor of color who had to deal with trolls wanting them fired for being POC.

If Ghostbusters was so bad.... funny no one went after the rest of the white cast like they did Leslie.

Same with Michael B Jordan in Fantastic Four.

Lets not forget Mechad Brooks-who got death threats over Supergirl for doing his job.

Or folks dropping netlfix over a title of a show-Dear White People and wanted it axed.

Meanwhile that guy fired for those old tweets will find work way faster than John Boyega. Because someone in casting/hiring will vuew John at that protest crying is way more offensive than what that actor said.
    I still feel bad for all the **** Anna Diop got for being Starfire who's not even white
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I hope Young Justice gives us more Elongated Man if they really cut him out of The Flash.

Incredible Member

I really hope to see more DC original animated movies. While seeing some of the best comic book stories animated may be appealing I feel like there is a lack in original stories from animations. It's especially disappointing because most have don't have an great story to adapt.

I also really hope that future animated can show respect it's characters. It feels like DC is making a lot of its hero fodder and jobber which breaks my interest in watching them. Why introduce a character just to kill them off the next time we see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I really hope to see more DC original animated movies. While seeing some of the best comic book stories animated may be appealing I feel like there is a lack in original stories from animations. It's especially disappointing because most have don't have an great story to adapt.

I also really hope that future animated can show respect it's characters. It feels like DC is making a lot of its hero fodder and jobber which breaks my interest in watching them. Why introduce a character just to kill them off the next time we see them.
    Superman: Man of Tomorrow takes inspiration from certain comics but is otherwise an original story.