Page 676 of 693 FirstFirst ... 176576626666672673674675676677678679680686 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,140 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    This ridiculous synergy will be the death of Gunnverse. Everyone's already tired of MCU shows, and Gunn wants to extend the synergy to video games and animation? How are people supposed to keep up with it?
    To be fair, people are tired of MCU shows because the majority of them are pretty bad and barely contributed anything to whatever they are trying to set up, but the few shows that were well-written are received positively by fans like Loki. Gunn just needs to look at Disney's mistake and learn from it. Disney just saw dollar bills and tried to make as much money as possible from the franchise. This reflects in basically everything Disney has been pushing out in recent years. In my opinion, Gunn should only have direct synergy in the movies and only a loose synergy in everything else. This way they get to explore more characters + stories and fans won't feel like they have to keep up with everything.

I think the better comparison is Star Wars because of how many tiers of legitimate canon material they'll be bringing out across different media.

They're walking a tight rope.

Astonishing Member

It's just too much content, and what is even worse, bad content. Loki was the best D+ show from Marvel, lots of people watched it and I didn't see many people complaining about Deadpool and Wolverine being tied to it.
    In case with DCU, there has to be quality control, and these projects must not feel like homework for casual viewer.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The Tomorrowverse has been god awful. Either the movies are ridiculously boring or ridiculously bad. The DCAMU was offensive but at least it had enjoyable moments a one a few good movies here and there. So ready to move on and I hope Gunn intervenes and put some quality control on these movies.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The Tomorrowverse has been god awful. Either the movies are ridiculously boring or ridiculously bad. The DCAMU was offensive but at least it had enjoyable moments a one a few good movies here and there. So ready to move on and I hope Gunn intervenes and put some quality control on these movies.
    If the upcoming movies get a bugger budget and thus way better animation quality, I'll at least commend Gunn for that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    If the upcoming movies get a bugger budget and thus way better animation quality, I'll at least commend Gunn for that.
    Same. They definitely need a bigger budget and if that means two DTDVD animated movies a year so be it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im sure the first 2-3 will have bigger budgets. If they fail....then back to the cheapness.

Disney couldnt even spend money on X-Men 97 animation.

I thought Crisis Part 1 was good...

Incredible Member

The Penguin has wrapped filming:

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought Crisis Part 1 was good...
    I'm not ragging, its just something I've generally felt about the animated line-up for years. The animators do good work but they are stifled from the potential they could achieve because DC isn't really putting as much resources into the animated stuff as they could. Like how My Adventures With Superman was made with a low budget or animated movies don't really try to adapt their comic source material's distinct art-style anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im sure the first 2-3 will have bigger budgets. If they fail....then back to the cheapness.

Disney couldnt even spend money on X-Men 97 animation.
    Granted the 97 trailer looks pretty good. There are moments of really strong animation throughout like the fluidity of the Wolverine/Gambit gambit and Storm's scenes which clearly include impact frames.

Seems like there's some really good stuff they are clearly holding back for when the show debuts.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 02-18-2024 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    The Penguin has wrapped filming:

It's just really hard for me to feel interested in this because it's basically just going to be a generic crime drama with a guy named Oswald Cobblepot unless they do something different.
    I'm not ragging, its just something I've generally felt about the animated line-up for years. The animators do good work but they are stifled from the potential they could achieve because DC isn't really putting as much resources into the animated stuff as they could. Like how My Adventures With Superman was made with a low budget or animated movies don't really try to adapt their comic source material's distinct art-style anymore.
    I feel like Warworld was the biggest clunker and there have been at least some good films in the Tommorrow-verse...even if they have their flaws.
    Granted the 97 trailer looks pretty good. There are moments of really strong animation throughout like the fluidity of the Wolverine/Gambit gambit and Storm's scenes which clearly include impact frames.

Seems like there's some really good stuff they are clearly holding back for when the show debuts.
    The non-action stuff looked super stiff though.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It's just really hard for me to feel interested in this because it's basically just going to be a generic crime drama with a guy named Oswald Cobblepot unless they do something different.
    You are not looking forward to Salvatore Maroni, Sofia Falcone and more Penguin?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You are not looking forward to Salvatore Maroni, Sofia Falcone and more Penguin?
    I like the Falcone's but without Batman or real Supervillains, it's just...your average crime drama.

I like the Falcone's but without Batman or real Supervillains, it's just...your average crime drama.
    Crime drama with sci-fi tech could be fun. Yeah, that's an Inter-gang thing, but I don't think they should have sole use of the trope.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Maybe Sal splashes acid into Harvey Dent's face in the final episode? Or Catwoman steals something for Penguin? Montoya and Bullock show up? So many things can be exciting without using Solomon Grundy or Mad Hatter.