Page 622 of 695 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 10423

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d love a Wally Flash cartoon.
    Honestly if I was doing a Flash cartoon I'd start with Barry, show the transition to Wally, then bring Barry back and have them co-lead the show.

But this would probably have to tie-in to the new universe so that's likely a no-go.

I hate the idea of cartoons and games being connected to the movies. It puts a big f*ing anchor on it just by the fact that it has to obey the rules of another product.

Can you imagine if BATMAN TAS was connected to the Tim Burton movies? No Mark Hamill Joker just for starters.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I hate the idea of cartoons and games being connected to the movies. It puts a big f*ing anchor on it just by the fact that it has to obey the rules of another product.

Can you imagine if BATMAN TAS was connected to the Tim Burton movies? No Mark Hamill Joker just for starters.
    It reminds me how the MTV Spider-Man cartoon was quasi-canon to the movies so they weren't allowed to use a lot of the major villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It reminds me how the MTV Spider-Man cartoon was quasi-canon to the movies so they weren't allowed to use a lot of the major villains.
    Or even those tie-in comics they make for movies that are never very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Or even those tie-in comics they make for movies that are never very good.
    And end up being so inconsequential...

Amazing Member

Honestly if I was doing a Flash cartoon I'd start with Barry, show the transition to Wally, then bring Barry back and have them co-lead the show.

But this would probably have to tie-in to the new universe so that's likely a no-go.
    I like your idea. However, there is one potential way that some of your ideas might be able to connect with what James Gunn is doing and that would be something like Batman: Gotham Knight and Green Lantern: Emerald Knight. In other words, I am suggesting a film that takes some of your ideas and uses more of an anthology format with a framing story.

The 90s cartoon had the same problem, the movies were in development so they couldn't use Green Goblin at first, and introduced Hobgoblin before him as a result. Sandman never showed up for the same reason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sYiuJgSdmrs&feature=share9

The producers of the DC animated movie line wanted to adapt Kingdom Come but because of the regime change at DC and Warner Bros. Discovery they weren't allowed. They also mentioned being interested in Camelot 3000, the Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams Ra's al Ghul arc, and The War of Jokes and Riddles eventually. This comment starts around the 12:15 mark in the video.

Edit: They also mentioned being interested in adapting Omega Man.
    Last edited by Heeroyuy_Batman; 08-02-2023 at 06:26 PM.

Maybe Gunn wants to adapt KC as a theatrical animated film.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post

The producers of the DC animated movie line wanted to adapt Kingdom Come but because of the regime change at DC and Warner Bros. Discovery they weren't allowed. They also mentioned being interested in Camelot 3000, the Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams Ra's al Ghul arc, and The War of Jokes and Riddles eventually. This comment starts around the 12:15 mark in the video.
    I remember the reason Timm and co. never adapted Kingdom Come because they just didn't have the budget to adapt it.

Camelot 3000 might be interesting (but I'm not sure if WB would ever sign off on it).

I don't really think you can top B:TAS' adaption of the Ra's Al Ghul arc but you could probably do a solid Ra's centric movie with Ackles' Batman.

I don't have a very high opinion of the War of Jokes and Riddles. I'd rather get a Dark Victory movie.

Nice to see WB producers stepping in and vetoing crap ideas.

Oh hell yeah, Kite Man!

I don't really think you can top B:TAS' adaption of the Ra's Al Ghul arc but you could probably do a solid Ra's centric movie with Ackles' Batman.
    Damn, you really know how to kill my excitement and enthusiasm don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damn, you really know how to kill my excitement and enthusiasm don't you?
    Well, it would be kind of weird to have him face off against a guy who calls him "detective" after two movies about him being a terrible detective .

Well, it would be kind of weird to have him face off against a guy who calls him "detective" after two movies about him being a terrible detective .
    Hate the new Ackles' Batman, hate The Long Halloween butchery (I know we disagree on all of this, you love it but I did not enjoy it and want my time back having watched it), hate that most animated Batman movies for the next 5-10 years is going to be this version, ugh.