Page 685 of 695 FirstFirst ... 185585635675681682683684685686687688689 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 10425

Everything is more or less the case except WB did not force Rocksteady to make a SS looter shooter. Rocksteady was originally going to make a live service looter shooter as a new IP, but then they switched to Suicide Squad. But a GAAS was what they wanted to make, they just took so long to get it out that the live service fad burned itself out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Issue might not actually be a GAAS problem but a Suicide Squad and writing problem. Some of the biggest releases of the year have been GAAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Issue might not actually be a GAAS problem but a Suicide Squad and writing problem. Some of the biggest releases of the year have been GAAS.
    It was definitely no Helldivers.

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you that these morons didn’t learn a damn thing from the Suicide Squad failure and are in fact doubling down. So unlike them

Well I guess I can stop wasting my time hoping for an open world Superman game.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It seems as if that it doesn't matter who runs WB - THEY ALL do the same thing.

Have 1 flop, they freak and change course completely. Anything to grab extra money from consumers

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Have 1 flop, they freak and change course completely. Anything to grab extra money from consumers
    Hilariously that’s the opposite of what they’re doing here. SS flopping isn’t deterring them from investing more in live services. Probably won’t stop them from investing in Harley Quinn either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

The animated series universe that died with Justice League Dark Apokolips War was light years better than the unwatchable dreck they have had lately. It seems like it was another case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater after one or two misfires. My sense is with the films it was the same stuff. They made irrational demands for MCU level hits ASAP without doing the groundwork and then shot things out at the knees.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m shocked, shocked I tell you that these morons didn’t learn a damn thing from the Suicide Squad failure and are in fact doubling down. So unlike them

Well I guess I can stop wasting my time hoping for an open world Superman game.
    I'm a huge Mortal Kombat fan and I've just been watching the launch of MK1 and all its bugs and microtransactions with dismay. I've been with that franchise since the beginning and I'm getting worried that I might not be willing or able to continue following it to WBs bad choices.

Mighty Member

There must be a mandatory requirement to be completely detached from reality or thinking that you just can alter reality at will to become a person with influence at DC or WB , which would also explain Dan Didio and the DCEU as good examples.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I mean it was also from a game problem.

Suicide Squad is not a mechanically well-crafted game. The fact it couldn't maintain a playerbase means not enough people found it fun enough to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hilariously that’s the opposite of what they’re doing here. SS flopping isn’t deterring them from investing more in live services. Probably won’t stop them from investing in Harley Quinn either.
    We'll probably be getting a Suicide Cartoon soon.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The hope here, this is me being optimistic, is and I really hope on this, that WB will be less controlling with their console/PC games now. If they wanna make mobile games that’s fine those are worthless and easily ignorable.

This allows for the potential that studios will have less heavy restrictions constantly watching over them which might allow some good games to slip by.

It’s like how we got Star Wars Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor under EA/Disney. Sure we got some live-service messes but that meant the greedy eyes were all focused on Battlefront while the games made by Respawn Entertainment suffered less executive meddling and so they produced some good games.

Nocturna is a surprise but makes sense. Timm wanted her on BTAS years ago but couldn’t use her because the censors wouldn’t allow them do a vampire story. Now on Amazon that won’t be an issue, so they can cut loose.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

Nocturna is a surprise but makes sense. Timm wanted her on BTAS years ago but couldn’t use her because the censors wouldn’t allow them do a vampire story. Now on Amazon that won’t be an issue, so they can cut loose.
    Looks great.

Where's this from?

(Found it. Nevermind.)
    Last edited by scary harpy; 03-06-2024 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Looks great.

Where's this from?

(Found it. Nevermind.)
    Leaked images for the Batman: The Caped Crusader animated series releasing this year.