Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Aquaman got a billion dollars at the box office something that their reboot of Superman, Superman vs. Batman, and JL couldnt do. When a character like Aquaman does that you do a spin off movie if the director wants to. Wan knows how to make a horror movie on a budget so I doubt he'd be trying to get Anything above $50-$70million for the budget. And The Trench were actual costumes just enhanced by CGI
Enhanced a lot by CGI. Look, I agree when a film does a billion like that you do a spin-off, but a horror movie with vague connections to the hero just isn't the same thing. Amazons make sense, and should get made. Gotham PD and Penguin makes sense for Batman spinoffs. But The Trench? I really think they should come up with a better Aquaman spinoff than that. Like, if they had announced an Aqualad show and then changed their minds on it, sure, I'd understand holding it against them. But billion dollar Aquaman or not, a Trench spinoff? I don't feel the loss here.

Mind you, that's just from a pure superhero spinoff perspective, that film doesn't make sense for DC's Aquaman. From a fan perspective, James Wan making a horror film with an army of Creatures from the Black Lagoon should normally be a safe bet as long as the budget is kept reasonable, it's just making it DC/Aquaman related that feels questionable. Also the $50-$70 million might be a bit much - horror films largely have a more limited profit.