Page 333 of 687 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343383433 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 10304

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somebody tell Raven .
    Good point. But that's what you get with Geoff Johns producing, he is problematic.

In certain shots I see the same kind of ethereal, spooky, quality you would expect from Dream...and I got goosebumps when they mentioned the rest of the Endless...although otherwise I guess it's what he'd look like if played by a human.

Somebody tell Raven .
    Ironically, Raven was nothing like that in her first appearances. She was really white washed during the years.

Yeah, OG Raven had some clear South Asian/Hindu influences in her design. Modern iterations make her just the pale goth girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Good point. But that's what you get with Geoff Johns producing, he is problematic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ironically, Raven was nothing like that in her first appearances. She was really white washed during the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, OG Raven had some clear South Asian/Hindu influences in her design. Modern iterations make her just the pale goth girl.
    I guess it's another thing we can thank the Teen Titans cartoon for. Which I guess was circa 2003 when goth girls were kind of in vogue, from what I remember.

I guess it's another thing we can thank the Teen Titans cartoon for. Which I guess was circa 2003 when goth girls were kind of in vogue, from what I remember.
    I still think they're kind of cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I still think they're kind of cute...
    No argument here .

Hey Vakanai what did you think of the first season of Doom Patrol? I honestly think that show is the best comic book show there is (Watchmen went downhill after the black and white episode in my opinion). You were a pretty big fan of Stargirl (I still kind of like the show but I think the acting and the writing are amateur) how do you compare those two?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hey Vakanai what did you think of the first season of Doom Patrol? I honestly think that show is the best comic book show there is (Watchmen went downhill after the black and white episode in my opinion). You were a pretty big fan of Stargirl (I still kind of like the show but I think the acting and the writing are amateur) how do you compare those two?
    Really really good, and really really REALLY messed up! The writing's great, the characters are all likeable (even when they're being an ass), and it's really different and unexpected from anything else in the genre. Which also kind of makes it hard and weird to compare it to Stargirl. Keeping it to just their first seasons right now, I'd have to say that Doom Patrol has the better writing, but Stargirl better scratches that "traditional superheroics" and action itch. Acting is mostly comparable, with the edge going to Doom Patrol (although to be fair Stargirl's cast is younger so more inexperienced), and the casts for both are so lovable (with Rita and Courtney being my favorites from each, and Cliff and Pat being second favorites) I can't tell you which group I like better as far as teams go. I like how WTF and crude and brutal Doom Patrol can be, and also how wholesome and "superheroes are good" feel good Stargirl can get effortlessly, and both are so quality in my opinion. So after comparing them, my conclusion for season 1 of both series - Doom Patrol slightly edges out Stargirl on Writing and Acting, Stargirl edges out Doom Patrol on "what I want from superheroes" and "feel good" sentiment. They're so different that it's apples to oranges, but unlike the fruit I think I like these shows equally (fruit-wise clearly apples are better).

That's nice. Glad to hear it. And I do like Courtney, Pat, the younger brother and even the new Doctor Midnite (can't remember the name).

But yeah Doom Patrol is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That's nice. Glad to hear it. And I do like Courtney, Pat, the younger brother and even the new Doctor Midnite (can't remember the name).

But yeah Doom Patrol is insane.
    Beth, and I like her too - you just feel for her.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Original Hourman played by Lou Ferrigno, Jr. on STARGIRL

Hourman.jpg

Batman: The Long Halloween animated films are now available on HBOMax.

Looks like I'm now convinced to watch Doom Patrol, lot of good reviews from critics and fans

I really hope season 3 brings Doom Patrol more attention. It’s such a fantastic show and personally it means the world to me. I teared up watching the pilot because I never thought I would see an accurate live action adaptation of my favorite comic book.

Critics talk about WandaVision being so “risky” and “different” but Doom Patrol is definitely far more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really hope season 3 brings Doom Patrol more attention. It’s such a fantastic show and personally it means the world to me. I teared up watching the pilot because I never thought I would see an accurate live action adaptation of my favorite comic book.

Critics talk about WandaVision being so “risky” and “different” but Doom Patrol is definitely far more unique.
    Well, hopefully it'll get more attention on HBOMax .