Page 695 of 695 FirstFirst ... 195595645685691692693694695
Results 10,411 to 10,425 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I DEMAND a WW animated series on par w/97.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    He was young on Smallville too and Kara wasn't much younger than him there. Here she looks 12. Could be an interesting dynamic though.
    Prime supergirl is 16/17
    Clark is still figuring himself out and he’s what 22 he’ll hit his prime by year 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So do we all.

Batman and Superman got new cartoons, she can at least get her first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Prime supergirl is 16/17
    Clark is still figuring himself out and he’s what 22 he’ll hit his prime by year 3-4
    Still hasn't even unlocked Freeze Breath/Super Breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Since Disney fired Beau DeMayo, WB can get him to write a WW series

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Hey, they did it with James Gunn and eventually made him the President of their entire film division

I just want a DC animated show that actually follows comic stories. It doesn't have to be one to one adaptations obviously since that wouldn't work, but I'd like to be able to see the comic inspiration more clearly like what you see in a X-Men 1997. It feels like DC now just does completely random stuff or throws stories together where it feels really messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I just want a DC animated show that actually follows comic stories. It doesn't have to be one to one adaptations obviously since that wouldn't work, but I'd like to be able to see the comic inspiration more clearly like what you see in a X-Men 1997. It feels like DC now just does completely random stuff or throws stories together where it feels really messy.
    What would you use as an example?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What would you use as an example?
    Well the dream scenario would be them doing something like a Batman series that could adapt all these major Batman stories from the Post Crisis through Morrison's run, or something to that effect. Taking those stories and building a cohesive narrative and forming a show around it. I feel like the original X-Men cartoon did it some with the 90s X-Men comics, and X-men 1997 does this too but obviously is moving very fast since it is trying to cover so much ground, but you can see the parallels to the actual comic stories more clearly as it is progressing.

Not counting the one off movies a DC does that are more of a direct adaptation of a comic, it feels like a lot of animated stuff is them taking a character and a specific story element and mashing the two together and then doing something completely different. Like all those animated movies with Damian didn't really feel anything like the comics of that era other than just having similar characters involved. It's like they use maybe 5-10% of the stuff from the comics, but can they do something where it is like 40%?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well the dream scenario would be them doing something like a Batman series that could adapt all these major Batman stories from the Post Crisis through Morrison's run, or something to that effect. Taking those stories and building a cohesive narrative and forming a show around it. I feel like the original X-Men cartoon did it some with the 90s X-Men comics, and X-men 1997 does this too but obviously is moving very fast since it is trying to cover so much ground, but you can see the parallels to the actual comic stories more clearly as it is progressing.

Not counting the one off movies a DC does that are more of a direct adaptation of a comic, it feels like a lot of animated stuff is them taking a character and a specific story element and mashing the two together and then doing something completely different. Like all those animated movies with Damian didn't really feel anything like the comics of that era other than just having similar characters involved. It's like they use maybe 5-10% of the stuff from the comics, but can they do something where it is like 40%?
    I would say Batman vs Robin was very New 52-inspired and Bad Blood was very Morrison inspired even if they weren't 1-to-1 adaptions.

Judas Contract was also pretty accurate setting aside some roster changes to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would say Batman vs Robin was very New 52-inspired and Bad Blood was very Morrison inspired even if they weren't 1-to-1 adaptions.

Judas Contract was also pretty accurate setting aside some roster changes to the Titans.
    I guess that is where we differ. I didn't think they were much like the comic stories outside using similar characters in a framework, but even that they had characters in different roles and ages mixed around.

My only gripe with '97 is the pacing if we ever get a series that digs closer to the comics for anyone, I need enough episodes for them to breathe.

But, the Perez run is a good jumping point for a WW series.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    My only gripe with '97 is the pacing if we ever get a series that digs closer to the comics for anyone, I need enough episodes for them to breathe.

But, the Perez run is a good jumping point for a WW series.
    I think that's what making future adaptions still interesting. We're getting a condensed/abridged modified version of all these storylines. New show can focus on more of the long winded nature of some of them.

Especially since Emma likely won't be big in this series, restoring her place definitely makes it different

The Flash was the second biggest box office bomb of 2023. The Marvels actually did even worse, and the third, fourth and fifth worst were also Disney.
    https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest...es-1235902825/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    or season 2 of kiteman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Flash was the second biggest box office bomb of 2023. The Marvels actually did even worse, and the third, fourth and fifth worst were also Disney.
    https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest...es-1235902825/
    To add to this, WB did have successes that year, Wonka and Barbie. Which makes the Flash's failure noticeable cause it was their most hyped picture, and WB got saved by their other films.

Of course that means they didn't do as bad as Disney which as shown here suffered multiple huge bombs alongside Marvels including Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny, Haunted House, and Wish.