Page 1 of 687 123451151101501 ... LastLast

Talking DC Media: TV Shows, Animated Movies and Video Games

This is the time to be a comic book fan! Whoever thought, 20 years ago (heck, even 10 yrs ago), that we are going to get all of these movies, shows and so forth!

I just hope that these shows/movies encourages at least a few people to check out the actual comics - we definitely need more readers.

Anyways, I just thought of starting a thread to keep track of everything WB/DC has announced (not movies, we already have several threads for that) and/or everything (from other media) related to DC/Vertigo comic books.

TV Shows:

Arrow (CW)
    Gotham (Fox)
    iZombie (CW)
    Preacher (AMC) - Not Made by DC
    Swamp Thing (Cancelled)
    Krypton (Cancelled)
    Constantine (Cancelled)
    Powerless (Cancelled)
    Watchmen (HBO)

Flash (CW)
    Supergirl (CW)
    Legends of Tomorrow (CW)
    Lucifer (Fox)
    Doom Patrol (HBO Max)
    Pennyworth
    Batwoman (CW)
    Black Lightning (CW)
    Titans (DC Universe)
    Stargirl (CW)

Superman & Lois
    Green Arrow and the Canaries
    DC's Strange Adventures
    Untitled Green Lantern series
    DC Super Hero High
    BizarroTV
    Untitled Justice League Dark series
    Untitled Gotham City Police Department series
    Y: The Last Man
    DMZ
    The Sandman
    Sweet Tooth
    The Boys

Blue - Ongoing, Red - Completed/Cancelled, Brown - Upcoming

Animated:

Movies
    The Lego Batman Movie
    Lego Movie 2

Direct to Video Movies
    Throne of Atlantis
    Batman Vs Son
    Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts
    Justice League: Gods and Monsters
    Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem
    Batman: Bad Blood
    JL vs Titans
    Killing Joke (2016)
    Batman: The Caped Crusaders
    Justice League: Dark
    Teen Titans: The Judas Contact
    Batman and Harley Quinn: A Bruce Timm Original
    Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs. Two-Face
    Batman: Gotham By Gaslight
    Teen Titans Go Movie
    Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
    Death of Superman
    Constantine: City of Demons
    Batman Ninja
    Reign of the Supermen
    Justice League vs. The Fatal Five
    Batman: Hush
    Wonder Woman: Bloodlines
    Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
    Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons: The Movie
    Superman: The Red Son
    Superman: Man of Tomorrow

Justice Society: World War II
    Batman: The Long Halloween Parts 1 & 2
    Batman: Soul of the Dragon

Lego Series:
    Justice League vs. Bizarro League
    Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom
    Justice League: Cosmic Clash
    Justice League: Gotham City Breakout
    DC Super Hero Girls: Hero of the Year
    DC Super Hero Girls: Intergalactic Games
    DC Super Hero Girls: Brain Drain
    Lego DC Super Heroes: Flash
    DC Superhero Girls: Legends of Atlantis
    Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis
    Lego DC: Batman - Family Matters
    Lego DC: Shazam!: Magic and Monsters

Shows
    Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles
    Teen Titans Go!
    Vixen (CW Seed)
    Justice League Action

DC Superhero Girls Animated TV Series (Web series)
    DC's Freedom Fighters: The Ray (CW Seed)
    Constantine (CW Seed)
    DC Superhero Girls Animated TV Series (CN)

DC Super Hero Girls
    Young Justice
    Harley Quinn

Shorts

Super friends
    Robot Chicken DC Comics Special 3: Magical Friendship
    Batman Unlimited (2)
    Starman Shorts
    Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
    Sgt. Rock
    Death
    The Phantom Stranger
    Adam Strange
    Batman: Death in the Family

Multiple (Shorts/Videos/Games etc)
    DC Superhero Girls Website
    DC Kids - Website

Blue - Ongoing, Red - Released, Brown - Upcoming

Games

Recent:
    DCUO
    Lego Batman: Beyond Gotham
    Arkham Knight
    Mad Max
    Arkham Underworld
    DC Comics Legends
    Lego Dimensions
    Batman (Telltale Games)
    Batman VR (Playstation Exclusive)
    Injustice 2
    DC Legends

Upcoming:

Gotham Knight
    Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
    Last edited by Triple J; 08-24-2020 at 10:57 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member

DC is dominating live action tv, DC is dominating video games (you forgot infinite crisis), DC is dominating animated movies, the only one lacking is animated series. Currently the only one airing is teen titans go which is fine but I hope that theres more to animated series slate

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    DC is dominating live action tv, DC is dominating video games (you forgot infinite crisis), DC is dominating animated movies, the only one lacking is animated series. Currently the only one airing is teen titans go which is fine but I hope that theres more to animated series slate
    Updated, thanks

I hope so too.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

DC animated Movies: Drop in Quality?

Inspiration: Gregg Katzman's Comic Vine Article.

The recent animated movies have been a bit of a disappointment for me - they are good, for the most part. But, they aren't the best, like they used to be.

We have two more movies coming out this year - Batman vs Robin (following Court of Owls storyline) and Justice League: Gods and Monsters (3 part mini series). Hopefully they will be better (in terms of characterization and story).

Anyways, I am not sure why the recent movies have been bad:

My first reason was income; I thought that WB/DC isn't making much profit out of these movies, so there is less incentive to put more resources into making better movies. But, after checking the wiki, I am not sure that is the case.

Of course, these are the gross numbers, not profit. It is possible that the current animation style and work costs much more than the previous style (used in the animated movies of the past).

Second is the script.

Of the recent movies, the only ones that stood out to me was Assault at Arkham. The others were good-average. Throne of Atlantis had so much potential; it could have been better had they focused more on Aquaman and his supporting cast, rather than on the League (then again, it was a League movie. Perhaps it might have been better if the length was extended a bit more - to 90 mins? Take 20 mins to focus on the league, 70 on developing Aquaman and his supporting cast).

Anyways, John DeMattei (JL3000, JLI, Kraven's Last Hunt) is the one writing the screenplay for Batman vs Robin; perhaps it might end up having a better script. Alan Burnett (BTAS, Batman Beyond, The Batman) is the one writing Gods and Monsters...it is said to be a darker version of Justice League.

Not sure how that will go (JL is already pretty dark in the current continuity).

What do you think? How can WB/DC make more money through their animated projects? (so, they will have a better incentive to make better movies). Which stories would you like see adapted in the coming years?

I would love to see:

WW solo
    Lantern franchise - 1 movie to establish Lantern universe and Lanterns, 2 for Sinestro Corps War.
    Shazam solo - Exploring his origin; basically an adaptation of Johns' Shazam.
    JLD - Would love to see the magicians and others (Swamp Thing, Frankenstein) on the animated screen.

WB/DC are seemingly going to adapt Trinity War (The end credit scene in ToA). So, a JLD film is to be expected, right?

Flash is already getting lots of love in another medium, so I don't want to see an animated feature for him anytime soon (besides, WB animation has limited themselves to 3 movies an year; so let's take give another characters a moment to shine).

New Animation Projects Aimed at Younger Demographic

DC Entertainment has just announced 3 different animation projects - 2 Batman Unlimited movies, 2X22 min shorts based on the films and 3X15 min shorts on Super friends.

Batman Unlimited movies (2)

- Featuring Batman, the Flash, Red Robin, Night wing and Green Arrow
    - First part, called Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts will be available in stores on May 12.
    - Second one will be released later this year.

Batman Unlimited Shorts (22 mins - 2)

- Based on Batman Unlimited action figures
    - Will be available for free through digital platforms

But WB and DC, as well as its toy partners, also see new programming as a way to launch a new wave of action figures with accessories, a new Batmobile, and the all-new CybeRex robot dinosaur, all featured in the “Batman Unlimited” content.
    Super friends (15 mins - 3)

- based on the Fisher-Price Imaginext action figures and play sets
    - Will be available for free through an app (aimed at younger audience).

DC Super Friends content will also receive new toys based on its animated fare, including a Joker Laff Factory, new Batcave, and books.

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58886 and http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/dc-...ve-1201418664/

Don't forget DC Universe Online. I'm hooked on that game like a crack addict. They still make tons of money off this game.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Don't forget DC Universe Online. I'm hooked on that game like a crack addict. They still make tons of money off this game.
    I love that game and its scope - sometimes I just login to see everything..to fly around Metropolis or glide through Gotham or just run around in the Watchtower

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I love that game and its scope - sometimes I just login to see everything..to fly around Metropolis or glide through Gotham or just run around in the Watchtower
    I have 3 PS3 systems and 90 DC Heroes and villians and 6 of my own characters. I have an Aquaman character named Aqaman, with three different costumes, the classic, the Time and Tide blue uniform and the 90's barbarian style.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Son of Batman sold really well, so no wonder they decided to do another Bat flick, ouch for Superman unbound. Also, it is nice knowing Jay Oliva is directing Batman vs Robin I am looking forward to this one. Also, I hear you about ToA Jeevanjacobjohn if that film was split into to two parts it would have been perfect imo but it is what it is but it is my 3rd fav JL movie after Paradox and War. But these newer animated movies aren't that bad, and looking at the list of other animated movies they're certainly no worse imo.

I would like a solo WW/SM film, solo AM and the others, GL/Flash team up.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I have 3 PS3 systems and 90 DC Heroes and villians and 6 of my own characters. I have an Aquaman character named Aqaman, with three different costumes, the classic, the Time and Tide blue uniform and the 90's barbarian style.
    That's awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Son of Batman sold really well, so no wonder they decided to do another Bat flick, ouch for Superman unbound. Also, it is nice knowing Jay Oliva is directing Batman vs Robin I am looking forward to this one. Also, I hear you about ToA Jeevanjacobjohn if that film was split into to two parts it would have been perfect imo but it is what it is but it is my 3rd fav JL movie after Paradox and War. But these newer animated movies aren't that bad, and looking at the list of other animated movies they're certainly no worse imo.

I would like a solo WW/SM film, solo AM and the others, GL/Flash team up.
    Yeah, they are good. I just wish they were better, like they used to be

I would definitely love a GL/Flash team up

With Lanterns, I would like to see multiple films; particularly 2 films on Sinestro Corps War.

LEGO DC Comics Superheroes: Justice League vs Bizarro League available on Digital HD via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/le...es/id950602219

19 bucks seems a bit overpriced...hmm, then again. The trailers look really nice - I bet the visuals weren't cheap to create (any cartoon folks here? Is it more expensive or less to create Lego cartoons?)

Here is the trailer:

Post Supergirl (CBS): Distribution Dimensions

I believe comic books are popular in America, since the USA invests a great deal into body enhancement science research (i.e., pacemakers, tissue engineering, strength-boosting, etc.).

What if Supergirl (DC Comics) had an evil twin, similar to how Superman (DC Comics) competes with his evil mirror image Bizarro?

The upcoming CBS TV series about Supergirl (DC Comics) should continue to raise eyebrows of recent widespread media interest in comic books.

Supergirl is an under-used but respected avatar, and this high-profile CBS show should remind people of the profitability of relevant merchandising. Melissa Benoist seems like a good actress to have been used for the pre-production hype --- she has the right look for Supergirl.

Supergirl (TV Series)

supergirl.jpg

benoist.jpg

Titans Cast Revealed

Includes Dick Grayson (obvious!), Barbara Gordon, Raven, Starfire, Hawk and Dove.

Dick Grayson had previously been reported as a featured character on the series, and Nerdist stated that he'll start the series as Robin -- specifically, working as a detective in Boston following a split with Batman -- an approach similar to the one used for his pre-New 52 Nightwing identity. Barbara Gordon -- not traditionally associated with DC's Titans teams, but certainly connected to Dick Grayson -- is also slated to be part of the series according to Nerdist, said not to be using the name "Oracle," though she is "wheelchair-bound in the pilot script" and the team's "resident computer hacker."

Hawk and Dove -- the Hank Hall and Dawn Granger incarnations -- are also planned "Titans" members per the report, said to be "quite different" from comic book lore other than being in a romantic relationship with each other.

Raven and Starfire are also said to be on tap as part of the show, which is consistent with earlier reports. Raven will reportedly take cues from writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns' mid-2000s run on "Teen Titans," with the civilian identity of Rachel Roth. Per Nerdist, Starfire and Raven to debut at the end of the pilot script.
    Read more: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58962

Ultimate Member

A team that's 2/3 women. Wow, I wasn't expecting that. This is a (pleasant) surprise.

I love Babs but I really don't understand why they would use Oracle on this show. DC/WB has spent a lot of time and money to make sure everyone knows that Barbara Gordon is the Batgirl. Now all of a sudden she's back to being wheelchair bound on this upcoming high profile show?!?