Page 689 of 693 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693 LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 10395

It's mind-boggling how they can lag behind Marvel in every single type of media, even in areas where they were superior not too long ago. I think only in the animation department do they have a slight advantage.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Well, DCUO is still happily chugging along. So that's a point in DC's favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's mind-boggling how they can lag behind Marvel in every single type of media, even in areas where they were superior not too long ago. I think only in the animation department do they have a slight advantage.
    Every type of media is a bit of an exaggeration. DC has achieved far greater successes in most media outside of film compared to Marvel, that's just a fact. I'm not up-to-date on comic sales so don't quote me on that one specifically.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Marvel announced two games this month.

DC is cooked. They completely messed up the Arkhamverse and the Injusticeverse has made people proudly say how much they hate all the characters NRS character assassinated. Pray that Wonder Woman game is a success because there’s nothing else to look forward to video game wise for DC in the near future.

A686ECD0-9746-43B6-8038-A547A77C2539.jpg

DC used to be on top in video games and animation but now Marvel is eating their lunches in those spheres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, we have Wonder Woman and maybe WB Montreal's new game?

Is Injustice 3 still happening?
    Eventually yeah I3 will come out. Hopefully in 2026, would hate to see Superman have to deal with his big new movie coming out at the same time NRS is dumping on him again like in 2013 (though the DCEU didn’t exactly start off on the right foot either).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Every type of media is a bit of an exaggeration. DC has achieved far greater successes in most media outside of film compared to Marvel, that's just a fact. I'm not up-to-date on comic sales so don't quote me on that one specifically.
    They experienced more success around 10 years ago. They are trailing in movies, video games, and comic books (since the 2000s, I believe).

DC had TV success thanks to CW, which are now gone, while Marvel had fewer hits outside of Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows. People now prefer watching Loki over a CW show. The only DC "TV" series I can recall being produced by Warner now is The Penguin.

In animation, they are still dominant, especially with their focus on acquiring more anime content.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

They experienced more success around 10 years ago. They are trailing in movies, video games, and comic books (since the 2000s, I believe).

DC had TV success thanks to CW, which are now gone, while Marvel had fewer hits outside of Agents of Shield and the Netflix shows. People now prefer watching Loki over a CW show. The only DC "TV" series I can recall being produced by Warner now is The Penguin.

In animation, they are still dominant, especially with their focus on acquiring more anime content.
    Indeed. But even with slower output they are still the ones to beat. And now with Marvel licensing to more video game developers as well as putting out better quality animated content, it will only enrich the competition so we can all eat. Hopefully DC can learn from where Marvel royally screwed up with their streaming content. And I would also like to see them license out more characters to other video game developers so we can get more games.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Indeed. But even with slower output they are still the ones to beat. And now with Marvel licensing to more video game developers as well as putting out better quality animated content, it will only enrich the competition so we can all eat. Hopefully DC can learn from where Marvel royally screwed up with their streaming content. And I would also like to see them license out more characters to other video game developers so we can get more games.
    Yeah, I don't understand why they don't license their characters to other studios for more games; everything they develop is in-house.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't license their characters to other studios for more games; everything they develop is in-house.
    And even when they license stuff WB really has to start branching out from Suicide Squad and Batman stuff too.

The director of Suicide Squad Isekai wanted to make a Flash anime but he had to settle for the Squad because thats the only thing WB would allow him.

Like alright if its about marketing a hot chick, I don't know maybe put Golden Glider on the front page in a new gussied up design and make her the new waifu everyone goes gaga over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    And even when they license stuff WB really has to start branching out from Suicide Squad and Batman stuff too.

The director of Suicide Squad Isekai wanted to make a Flash anime but he had to settle for the Squad because thats the only thing WB would allow him.

Like alright if its about marketing a hot chick, I don't know maybe put Golden Glider on the front page in a new gussied up design and make her the new waifu everyone goes gaga over.
    She is the female lead in the Kite Man show.

Because they then only make money from the licensing. Those deals can backfire, like with Spider-Man.

Also let not forget one of the reasons SS bombed is because Avengers popped the live service bubble. What’s more only the Spider-Man games have done well lately.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-27-2024 at 05:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm still shocked WB hasn't given us a new modern serialized JL animated series.

Amazon is hiding Batman for some reason and WB only has Harley on their actual service.

X-Men 97 and Spider-Verse are better than anything that has come out of DC animation for the past decade, so I'm not sure if DC even has an advantage there.

Yeah, was gonna say multiple award nominated and winning Spider-verse theatrical films pretty much trumps most of what DC's animation has been. Especially if we're talking about the direct-to-dvd films.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm still shocked WB hasn't given us a new modern serialized JL animated series.

Amazon is hiding Batman for some reason and WB only has Harley on their actual service.
    They should bring back Justice League Action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    X-Men 97 and Spider-Verse are better than anything that has come out of DC animation for the past decade, so I'm not sure if DC even has an advantage there.
    I think the last decade is pushing it. It's almost like saying there hasn't been a single great DC cartoon or animated movie at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, was gonna say multiple award nominated and winning Spider-verse theatrical films pretty much trumps most of what DC's animation has been. Especially if we're talking about the direct-to-dvd films.
    Granted Sony did Spider-Verse instead of DisMarvel and they haven't really done much theatrical animation outside the Lego Batman movie (which was well-received) and Super Pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the last decade is pushing it. It's almost like saying there hasn't been a single great DC cartoon or animated movie at all.
    That's exactly what I'm saying