Page 148 of 695 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 10425
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    First Look at Black Lightning

funny. i initially thought that this was a blue version of the a.t.o.m. suit in legends.

Astonishing Member

I'm guessing this is a modern version of his in-universe classic suit, considering he's a retired hero.

It honestly feels over-designed, but it still could be worse.

Batman & Harley Quinn

It's official, WB announced 'Batman & Harley Quinn' movie from Bruce Timm with me as Bats and Melissa Rausch as Harley
    https://twitter.com/RealKevinConroy/...78597570203648

Well, it looks like animated stuff won't make money unless Batman's in it (at least that what's WB seems to be thinking - alright, Batman & Green Lanterns next!).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Yeah it's getting quite pathetic really.

I'm honestly not that bothered by this.

I mean, for one, Harley Quinn is a Batman character and if she's getting a movie focused on her it stands to reason he'd be in it. Plus it seems like Timm is going to be doing a DCAU-esque story with this, so I'm not surprised to see it be Batman-focused.

And they've already confirmed Batman isn't in Judas Contract, so at least he isn't in every movie like he was last year.

Plus...Loren Lester as Nightwing .

Does anyone else wish they'd drop this shared universe stuff for their animated movies? They were much better when they were standalone flicks. Hell, even in the past couple years, the best movies have been unconnected to the universe (Assault on Arkham being an example)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Does anyone else wish they'd drop this shared universe stuff for their animated movies? They were much better when they were standalone flicks. Hell, even in the past couple years, the best movies have been unconnected to the universe (Assault on Arkham being an example)
    I think the shared universe films have been improving and we're starting to see some really cool stuff with the universe they're building, so I'm not too fussed about them going back to just purely standalones.

I am also fully prepared for that to be a minority opinion .

I also like and Don't mind the shared Universe.
    I got back into reading Comics thanks to the shared universe movies.

I lie the idea of a shared universe, but this one has been extremely lame and thrown together. It's very New 52 inspired with mostly all the bad parts of the reboot. The movies feel so empty from the animation (which they straight up steal designs from their past animated shows and movies) to the voice actors who don't feel right for the characters they are portraying. I can't wait for a more genuine DC animated universe to come back, hurry up DC I want Young Justice back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Rumors going around that Justice League Action has been canceled. Hopefully it's not true, it's a fun show.

Now that Batgirl is getting her own movie, could we please have Lauren Montgomery's take on Batgirl: Year One? An entire animated movie done in the style of Marcos Martin's artwork? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons06 View Post
    I also like and Don't mind the shared Universe.
    I got back into reading Comics thanks to the shared universe movies.
    Snap me too. Son of Batman got me into comics

Judas Contract was well done and hit major story arcs. Robin kind of stood in for Joey while Blue Beatle for Cyborg, both did well and honestly if Cyborg is permanent Justice League I have Zero qualms with a NTT movie or tv show using Jaime instead of Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Judas Contract was well done and hit major story arcs. Robin kind of stood in for Joey while Blue Beatle for Cyborg, both did well and honestly if Cyborg is permanent Justice League I have Zero qualms with a NTT movie or tv show using Jaime instead of Vic.
    I agree! I think considering the restraints involving timelines and so on set up by the New52 animated films the Titans have managed to come off at the very least with a similar spirit (swapping Jaime for Vic for example).

spoilers:
    Overall, I really liked this one! The banter between Kori and Dick was sweet and funny (their answering machine gained Dick like 10,000 dweeb points in my book), I like Starfire's issues of insecurity for leading the team and how it links to her forever feeling like an outsider, I liked Dick having both tech/detective based moments as well as fun fighting scenes (that bit where he smashed his shoulder back into place...ooft) which is impressive cause Dick loses all of the one on one fights he engages in here. I liked that Raven got Damian Titus as the end. They now have a team mascot and he is adorable. I liked Beast Boy's comments about tragedy shaping who you are - there's a reoccurring theme about you having to make the choice in how you take the tragedy, the Titans tend to make the best out of crappy situations and I can only assume that given more time so could have Terra. She's not as conflicted as the 2003 version, but she's definitely more sympathetic than the original comic. I love love love Jaime's family, they're such good supporting characters.
    end of spoilers

The Titans always have such good character dynamics that even when the story or dialogue stumbles (in the film or comics) it's not as bad because these characters are all so interesting in the relations to others that it pulls everything else up.

Also can I just say how glad I am for all the cameos in this film, especially a certain girl at the end...
    Last edited by prettysunshine9; 04-04-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Forgot spoiler tag like a doofus!

Yeah this movie was better than I expected and was on equal footing with the original story and 2003 episode arc. Nightwing & Starfire relationship moved perfectly, Jaime was fleshed out excellently, Damian resembled his more comic book counterpart, Beast Boy & Raven were at their best. The cameos at the end give so much story potential but I hope it leads to New Cronus since both characters revealed at the end were major contributors in that story. Terra even has a potential redemption arc more smoother than other stories done.