Page 10 of 693 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

JLA: Gods and Monsters Pics

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

INFO on the movie:

Superman of this world is the son of General Zod. He is a bit more violent. Well a lot more violent, and has seen the ugliness of mankind being raised by migrate farmers.

Batman is not Bruce Wayne. Instead, it is Kirk Langstrom, who has cancer. And in trying to find a cure injects himself with Bat-venom becoming a pseudo-vampire. He feeds on criminals to cure his bloodlust.

Wonder Woman seems to be of the “New Gods” She marries Orion but something goes wrong there and she comes to Earth.

Darkseid is in it, but don’t really expand on his role.

Lex Luthor is seen as the “Stephen Hawkings” of the world. He doesn’t seek power, but knowledge, but they warn that with Luthor always more than meets the eye.

The movie centers around the murder of prominent DC Universe scientists like Ray Palmer, Victor Fries, Silas Stone and others that the Justice League is being framed for. They attempt to investigate these murders while dealing with mounting pressures from outside sources. Didn’t get too deep into it.
    Source: http://nerdsontherocks.com/justice-l...gods-monsters/

I think the animated versions of Superman and Wonder Woman are better than the comic book versions. Batman with super powers is also interesting. I also liked the Smallville Blur with the black costume.
    http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...05-500-588.jpg
    I also like the idea of Wonder Woman as a new god and it might be Bekka.
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...f1617_960w.jpg
    Looks like Luthor is trying to bring down the gods.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 04-03-2015 at 08:15 PM.

BANNED

I like the idea of a universe where things could have happened totally different to explore,so thank god it's just a elseword or different reality.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Has anyone watched Batman vs Robin yet?

The new DC animated movies just keep getting worse and worse.
    It wasn't as bad as Son of Batman but... I simply don't understand why they don't adapt the source material properly, this is the same problem I had with Throne of Atlantis, it and Court of Owls are actually two of the better events we have had in the New 52 so why not do them right?

Spoilers I guess....

Talon sucked, the court sucked. They completely removed Lincolin Marsh who was one of the best things about the Court of Owls, his epic battle with Bruce at the end would of been great to watch. And no William Cobb, he would of made a nice little side story for Dick, instead Nightwing does nothing again just like the movie. the rest of the Bat family are completely absent and everything is so focused on angsty Damian being torn between the Waynes and al Ghul's, nothing we haven't seen before.

At least Gods and Monsters looks good.

Watched Batman vs Robin.

Loved it; I did have a few issues with it, but overall it was great. Much better than any of the recent animated movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    It wasn't as bad as Son of Batman but... I simply don't understand why they don't adapt the source material properly, this is the same problem I had with Throne of Atlantis, it and Court of Owls are actually two of the better events we have had in the New 52 so why not do them right?

Spoilers I guess....

Talon sucked, the court sucked. They completely removed Lincolin Marsh who was one of the best things about the Court of Owls, his epic battle with Bruce at the end would of been great to watch. And no William Cobb, he would of made a nice little side story for Dick, instead Nightwing does nothing again just like the movie. the rest of the Bat family are completely absent and everything is so focused on angsty Damian being torn between the Waynes and al Ghul's, nothing we haven't seen before.

seems like another wasted opportunity to expand batfamily

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post

Spoilers I guess....

I think properly adapting that would require multiple films (to do it justice...unless you want them to do it like ToA. Good story, explores everything but not in depth).

Yeah, the rest of the family being absent did bother me. Perhaps in the next movie?

They should be announcing new ones this weekend, I believe.

If we look at this for what it is (without comparing to the original storylines), I believe it did a great job of expanding the universe and building relationships even further (b/w Bruce and Damien).

Of course, for those of us who do read Batman and Robin, it doesn't mean much..for let's not forget the casual audience.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

IMO removing Lincoln March completely was a brilliant decision I did not like him in the book at all. I thought it was a very good adaptation overall, Bat thrasher and Alfie being a badass. Also, the fights were choreographed beautifully. Speaking of bat family anyone catch Batwoman in the 666 sequence? Anyway, I am fine with Dick, Damian and Bruce rest of the bat family suck and are not interesting at all IMO, think the producers made a good call ignoring them.

Gods and Monsters does not look appealing at all, I am all for an elseworlds tale but those designs are just awful. In my opinion of course.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    IMO removing Lincoln March completely was a brilliant decision I did not like him in the book at all. I thought it was a very good adaptation overall, Bat thrasher and Alfie being a badass. Also, the fights were choreographed beautifully. Speaking of bat family anyone catch Batwoman in the 666 sequence? Anyway, I am fine with Dick, Damian and Bruce rest of the bat family suck and are not interesting at all IMO, think the producers made a good call ignoring them.

Gods and Monsters does not look appealing at all, I am all for an elseworlds tale but those designs are just awful. In my opinion of course.
    Ah, I was wondering who that was...I was thinking of Barbara, but that seemed odd.

Forgot about Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Yeah, the rest of the family being absent did bother me. Perhaps in the next movie?

I think they will probably do a Forever Evil adaption next, would also love to see another Suicide Squad movie even in the New 52verse.

Ultimate Member

The problem that I had with Lincoln March in CoO (a story that I DID like overall) was that he was obviously the bad guy. Literally as soon as he shows up, I went "yep, there's a big villain." The movie COULD have used him, but then I'd have wanted them to be more subtle about it (which the recent string of movies are decidedly NOT).

Gods & Monsters looks like a fairly interesting elseworlds tale.

So...where is Kal-El, Diana and Bruce in that movie? Does Bruce have his parents? Diana probably never left the island. And Supes wasn't even born...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    I think properly adapting that would require multiple films (to do it justice...unless you want them to do it like ToA. Good story, explores everything but not in depth).

Then don't adapt those stories. If you cannot adapt good stories like ToA or CoO properly because they're "too long," the pick different (ie shorter) stories instead of giving us vastly inferior adaptations.

Of course, for those of us who do read Batman and Robin, it doesn't mean much..for let's not forget the casual audience.
    Then don't adapt those stories. If you cannot adapt good stories like ToA or CoO properly because they're "too long," the pick different (ie shorter) stories instead of giving us vastly inferior adaptations.