Page 101 of 693 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i wonder if this is the full cast. because it would be really disappointing if green lantern got excluded.
    Aquaman and Shazam are also not listed. I wonder if they're taking a break for this movie to accommodate the Titans cast? It at least makes the numbers between the two teams more even.
    Last edited by Frontier; 01-18-2016 at 12:29 PM.

Yes!!! More Blue Beetle makes me a happy fanboy! I can't wait to see this movie

LoT Showrunner Klemmer on the show

Legends of Tomorrow will travel through time. Will they also travel through worlds now that multiverse have been introduced on The Flash?

No, that's their purview. If we travel between planets, they will be actual planetary bodies and not metaphysical versions of Earth.

I think time travel alone is enough to tax our puny, humanist brains, so multiple Earths is more than we can handle.

So we do have the possibility of other planets in our solar system?

Yeah. I imagine that the space that we travel through is the space that's really out there...because I do believe that there are things out there. [Laughs]

There's a number of planets in the DC universe that are populated. Might we see Thanagar?

Our season, the Earth is in such dire jeopardy that for us to sort of take it upon ourselves to start being the galactic police is probably more than we can handle. Yeah. It's not just about time travel.

It's really sort of focusing on the, you know, historical events of the 20th century. We're not going to be going back and seeing dinosaurs and Roman gladiators and that stuff – we're really focusing on 20th century – I mean, you know, not yet.

When you don't have ownership over characters like Oliver... What kind of conversations are you trying to negotiate with Andrew and Marc?

The interesting thing about the show is that they leave 2016...the idea is to travel through time, vanquish Vandal Savage and return to the moment you left. So if you do that successfully, nobody knows you're gone, the world continues. The only variable that's been changed is Vandal's gone. But the problem is in doing so, you change millions of other variables.

Part of the fun of the show is you have the uber mission, stopping Vandal, but then you have the missions that you sort of accidentally, unwittingly caused, the idea that if I accidentally in Cold War Russian left the Soviets know that they lose, if I drop a piece of tech in battlefield at World War II, you can create your own sort of disturbances in time and then you also have to go back and correct that. Until you return to 2016, it's like, you know...

Part of the fun is screwing things up, to see the consequences of our team's actions. But as long as you have a time machine, you have the ability to counteract whatever you've done wrong. That's a long way of saying we get a huge amount of latitude because we f**k up the world of Arrow and The Flash as long as we're not f**king up the world of their show in 2016, the episodes that are taking place right now. Because presumably, we can also right the ship.

Will we get to see these fractured timelines, what the world could have been like?

Yeah. One of the tech elements of the show is we have a version of Gideon, the computer from The Flash, where it's 2166 version of Gideon that can extrapolate our effect on the timeline and sort of ship like... What are the seeing stones in Lord of the Rings? Whatever. It's a version of the Polaroid in Back to the Future. We're able to use this computer to tell us what we've done and gives us sort of a glimpse into the future to know the consequences of our actions.

How do you maintain stakes on a show where half your cast has come back from the dead and the other half have time travel sitting right there if they die?

You can’t do that on our show, though. I was explaining to those guys, that we do – we introduce a rule that you’re able to go forward or backward in time, but one thing that you can’t do is to hit the rewind button on events that you participate in.

It’s not like Groundhog Day, where you could endlessly do something again and again and again and again, until you get it right. If you screw it up, and if it ends with somebody dying, a member of our team -- which, people will die on this show -- you’re not able to just be, like, “Well, that sucked. Let’s try it again!” I agree that that would take a lot of the intensity out of the story, if you had that ability, and that’s why we took it away. We want people to be dead for good when they buy the farm.

Do any of the team members want to use time travel to alter their own paths?

Definitely. Totally. Yeah. I mean, that’s really the fun of this show, because – yeah. I mean, you do have the Uber-mission, but there’s a lot of downtime, and if you’re exploring your own past, and you know who wins the Super Bowl, or you know that your mom’s gonna get in a car wreck…you could be at the book depository in Dallas in November 1963. It’s hard to resist the urge to do what you think is right for either the world, or do what’s right for yourself or your loved ones.

Rip Hunter is a Time Master, spent his whole career trying to preserve the timeline. He understands that it’s never as simple as it seems, and for every one variable you change, there’s a trillion unforeseen consequences down the road, and some of them – killing Hitler could result in something even worse happening, conceivably, so he tries to tell our team to resist the urge, as crazy as it sounds. Of course they’re not gonna do that.

How do you deal with an immortal character, as writers?

We wanted to get under the mechanics of his immortality, because before you can stop his power, you have to understand from where it arrived. The fun of that is – I guess I lied to you guys, I said that we didn’t really travel too far back in time, but we will go back to the origin story of ancient Egypt, to understand how Vandal was originally affected, and yeah. There’s always a loophole, with anybody’s powers. There’s always an Achilles heel, and he’s no different. But, yeah. We’ll obviously require a bit of a miracle.
    Full Interview: http://comicbook.com/2016/01/18/lege...y-of-other-pl/
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Johnathon Schaech as Jonah Hex

"Texas Rising" star Johnathon Schaech has joined "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" as Jonah Hex. Schaech will appear in the 11th episode of the show's first season as a guest star, with the possibility to recur.

Here's the official character description: "A true legend of the Old West, a morally ambiguous gunslinger with a penchant for danger. Surprisingly, he knows a thing or two about time travel and the future, but is at home in the Wild West. He’s been battling outlaws and gangs for a while now, and advises the team to be extra careful when they arrive in the small town of Salvation."

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Anyone think we'll see the Hawks bump into their Old West incarnations? (Nighthawk and Cinnamon)

Can't wait to see Roy all suited up and kicking ass again.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Arrow: First Look at Megalyn Echikunwoke As Vixen in Live Action - http://comicbook.com/2016/01/21/arro...n-live-action/

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Arrow: First Look at Megalyn Echikunwoke As Vixen in Live Action - http://comicbook.com/2016/01/21/arro...n-live-action/
    Not really a good enough look to see how well they adapted the costume from the cartoon design, or if she's even in-costume, but the black and yellow coloring implies it's her suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Anyone think we'll see the Hawks bump into their Old West incarnations? (Nighthawk and Cinnamon)
    Anything's possible

Arrow: First Official Look At Vixen - http://comicbook.com/2016/01/21/arro...look-at-vixen/

she looks good but i wish they would have gone with short hair. even if she didn't want to cut it there are a lot of good wigs out there.

Eh, I think she should have short hair. It's a big part of character's most iconic look AND the one they used for the cartoon.

Martin Donovan Joins LoT

"Ant-Man" star Martin Donovan has joined "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" as Zaman Druce, Rip Hunter's mentor and fellow Time Master. He will appear in the fourth episode, "White Knights," as a guest star with the possibility to recur.

According to IGN, Druce is "a respected member of the time council who was Rip's first mentor at the Time Master Academy" and has a lot of experience mediating conflicts throughout history. However, when he is tasked with ending Hunter's quest to get Vandal Savage, death may be the only way to truly stop "the man he looked upon as a son."

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Arrow: First Official Look At Vixen - http://comicbook.com/2016/01/21/arro...look-at-vixen/

I guess it....kinda looks like the costume Bourassa designed? But also looks like a completely new costume. I honestly would've been surprised if her live-action look had been very accurate to the cartoon look, though I was hoping it would be.

And the lack of Mari's short hair is a bit of a bummer.

I wonder if this means they're going to redesign Mari for season 2?