Page 104 of 227 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3404
  1. #1546
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    There's honestly nothing likable about Damian. I don't know what Morrison was thinking. And besides we already have someone like him, his name is Jason Todd. It looks like Damian is in charge of the group, so that means Cyborg is going to be following orders from a child? That's kind of insulting.
    Starfire is the leader whereas Jason and Damian are nothing alike. However this Damian does indeed need redeemable and likeable qualities fast.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 01-27-2016 at 05:18 AM.

  2. #1547
    Astonishing Member Triple J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    3,528

    Default

    Gotham Stories: Motion Comic

    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

    That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

    This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

    Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

  3. #1548
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't think any of the voice actors really fit their characters and Andrea Romano chose these voice actors which is surprising to me. She is the reason for the fantastic voices behind the DCAU, but in these projects all the voices feel off. No one feels like their character with the exception of Nathan Fillion as Hal in JL:TOA even though that movie sucked.
    Hmm...okay. Personally, I think the Titans sound great and fit their characters well from what we've heard. I'm glad they're keeping the TOA recasts of Diana and Superman because I think they better fit the characters then the War VA's.

    Agree to disagree I guess .

  4. #1549
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...okay. Personally, I think the Titans sound great and fit their characters well from what we've heard. I'm glad they're keeping the TOA recasts of Diana and Superman because I think they better fit the characters then the War VA's.

    Agree to disagree I guess .
    Pretty much everything just rubs me the wrong way. When DC comics would start sucking I had the animation to fall back on. Now both of them suck and I have to fall back onto the films. Hopefully Rebirth can do something to bring me back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  5. #1550
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,929

    Default

    Just dropping in to appreciate Christopher Drake's work. Especially the scores of DarkKnightReturns and CrisisOnTwoEarths. He really puts you in the mood.

  6. #1551
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    So I've heard that Arrow is turning Felicity into a copy of Oracle? Have they no shame?

  7. #1552
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    So I've heard that Arrow is turning Felicity into a copy of Oracle? Have they no shame?
    At least they said the Oracle codename was taken .

  8. #1553
    Astonishing Member Triple J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    3,528

    Default

    Future Version of Ollie in LoT - Details

    "We're not only introducing our version of Connor Hawke to our universe, we're going to meet the 2046 version of Oliver Queen, and Stephen Amell is going to be reprising his role from Arrow," executive producer Marc Guggenheim told Entertainment Weekly. "As an added bonus to comic-book fans, Oliver is missing his left arm and will be sporting a goatee, in a nod to the character's appearance in the seminal 'Dark Knight Returns.' We think this episode features some of the coolest things we've ever done."
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

    That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

    This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

    Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

  9. #1554
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    So I've heard that Arrow is turning Felicity into a copy of Oracle? Have they no shame?
    shame? It's the same company. Plus its not like Barbara can use it or would be as relevant in the cinematic universe or comics thanks to the current version of Cyborg.

    I mean Smallville did it and people seemed to love it.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  10. #1555
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Future Version of Ollie in LoT - Details
    I like the sound of it except for the Miller influence, I can't stand his stuff.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  11. #1556
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    shame? It's the same company. Plus its not like Barbara can use it or would be as relevant in the cinematic universe or comics thanks to the current version of Cyborg.

    I mean Smallville did it and people seemed to love it.
    I'm just referring to all the Batman rip offs. The stoic humorless personality, Ra's Al Ghul heir storyline, and now a tragically wheelchair-bound tech wizard with eyes everywhere. I know Green Arrow started as a Batman knock-off, but shouldn't that make their differences that much more important? It's just sad a show about Green Arrow doesn't seem to have Green Arrow in it IMO.

  12. #1557
    Original CBR member Jabare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'm just referring to all the Batman rip offs. The stoic humorless personality, Ra's Al Ghul heir storyline, and now a tragically wheelchair-bound tech wizard with eyes everywhere. I know Green Arrow started as a Batman knock-off, but shouldn't that make their differences that much more important? It's just sad a show about Green Arrow doesn't seem to have Green Arrow in it IMO.
    hey Green Arrow is the best Batman show on tv right now.
    The J-man

    I post via my phone a lot, therefore I make the occasional grammatical error. Not an excuse just forewarning you. Feel free to call me out I won't mind.

  13. #1558
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'm just referring to all the Batman rip offs. The stoic humorless personality, Ra's Al Ghul heir storyline, and now a tragically wheelchair-bound tech wizard with eyes everywhere. I know Green Arrow started as a Batman knock-off, but shouldn't that make their differences that much more important? It's just sad a show about Green Arrow doesn't seem to have Green Arrow in it IMO.
    I second this.

  14. #1559
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    41,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I'm just referring to all the Batman rip offs. The stoic humorless personality, Ra's Al Ghul heir storyline, and now a tragically wheelchair-bound tech wizard with eyes everywhere. I know Green Arrow started as a Batman knock-off, but shouldn't that make their differences that much more important? It's just sad a show about Green Arrow doesn't seem to have Green Arrow in it IMO.
    Granted, it didn't have Green Arrow for three seasons, so one could say it wasn't necesarilly a Green Arrow show then .

    Though for what it's worth, as much as I sometimes wish Arrow could find more of its own identity away from influences or elements of Batman and be truer to classic Green Arrow, it makes a little sense to take influence from Batman given how GA started out, and in the context of the universe, and when put against Flash, I think the Batman influences have worked out as a whole.

  15. #1560
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted, it didn't have Green Arrow for three seasons, so one could say it wasn't necesarilly a Green Arrow show then .

    Though for what it's worth, as much as I sometimes wish Arrow could find more of its own identity away from influences or elements of Batman and be truer to classic Green Arrow, it makes a little sense to take influence from Batman given how GA started out, and in the context of the universe, and when put against Flash, I think the Batman influences have worked out as a whole.
    That's one of the things I really liked about the show, he hasn't really become GA yet. Each season he gets closer and closer to becoming the actual super-hero. He is almost there completely but he probably needs another season before he becomes more like the comic version.

    Plus it's an Elseworld story so I'm fine with all the changes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •