Page 107 of 693 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 10395

Legends of Tomorrow: DC Instagram Account Confirms Hourman Easter Egg - http://comicbook.com/2016/01/31/lege...ourman-easter/
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    James Tucker really needs to go. The current crop of DC animated movies have ranged from average to terrible. We really need Bruce Timm back.
    I don't think Timm will ever come back, at least in the capacity of overseeing the DTV line, aside from doing projects that interest him or that he has a personal hand in like Gods and Monsters or The Killing Joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Legends of Tomorrow: DC Instagram Account Confirms Hourman Easter Egg - http://comicbook.com/2016/01/31/lege...ourman-easter/
    Hunter has some seriously cool stuff on the Waverider. Though frankly I didn't notice half of it. Need to be more on the watch for easter eggs .

James Tucker really needs to go. The current crop of DC animated movies have ranged from average to terrible. We really need Bruce Timm back.
    didn't Tucker work on previous DC Animated shows like Justice League and Batman Beyond etc?

I don't know who is doing what and how involved people are, so you could be right. The only thing I know for certain is the scripts or direction needs work.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I think someone higher than Tucker is pushing for Nu52 attempts at "synergy". Probably a reason why Timm left and only does occasional projects.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Mighty Member

Live-Action 'Teen Titans' Show Could Still Happen

TV Line spoke with DC Comics’ Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, who is involved with both the DC TV Universe and the DC Extended Universe, who was asked about what the chances were that Titans could live on another network. While Johns were cryptic, his answer indicates that something may still happen for the Teen Titans in live-action.

“We [at DC] have known about [Turner nixing Titans] for months and months and months. That’s not new news to us. We have plans for Titans. It’s a huge piece of DC and we have plans.”
    Let’s say for argument’s sake that Titans does happen, there are several places it could go to. The CW does already have 3 major DC TV shows already with Arrow, The Flash and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, along with the Vertigo show iZombie and now possibly the Archie Comics series Riverdale (that just got a pilot pick-up last week), should it go to series for the 2016-2017 TV Season. However, CW President Mark Pedowitz has said that they are open to add a fourth DC series.

Something like Titans could easily work on that network, including the fact that their DC TV Universe has established and hinted at several Teen Titans related characters on those shows that could perhaps take part of an actual Titans show. It could also always go to CBS if they wanted to expand on their DC line-up and have it be in the same world as Supergirl and have Kara be a member of that group as she was part of the Teen Titans in the books for a while. There are several ways that Titans could still happen on television.
    source

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Live-Action 'Teen Titans' Show Could Still Happen

source
    I was just about to post this. I can't wait to see what becomes of this series.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Well, looking at the DCTVU, there are a few young heroes/sidekicks already active with Speedy and Arsenal, and it seems like an eventuality that Wally is going to get his powers and become Barry's partner (people involved on The Flash have referred to him as Kid Flash on several occasions). Granted, at this point I think Wally would be the only actual teen here .

Extraordinary Member

...thought that just occurred to me. LoT is a funny kind of show; it's a half season spinoff with vague plans for the future. Supergirl does have an option for some kind of crossover with the CWDCTVU.

Follow me on this crazy, almost certainly impossible set-up; LoT ends with the heroes winning, but with the time stream warped and clashing with the Earth 2 portals, making full multiverse stories possible. So properties from Supergirl and Arrowverse come together to make Titans.

So, my hypothetical but highly improbable set up:

-Supergril encounters both Gothamites and new aliens; in other words, Nightwing and Starfire (possibly Robin as well, and maybe Lord has Cadmus labs creates Superboy.)
    -Flash gives Wally some powers, and he starts hanging out with one of the Speedys, and encounters a new world with Beast Boy and Raven.
    - A crossover occurs that makes it clear that Trigon, as a dimension warlord, threatens both National City and Central City. Rip Hunter's ship ends up in the heroes hands, so Wally, one of the Speedys, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, and Nightwing end up teaming up to take the fight to Trigon (possibly with Robin and Superboy as well.)

Almost completely unlikely, but feasible.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 02-02-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

apparently Supergirl's ratings dropped again. how is it that the show keeps getting better but its ratings keep dropping?

I'm mixed on Titans. I find that its soap elements would be a good fit for TV but I also have always wanted to see them on the big screen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I was just about to post this. I can't wait to see what becomes of this series.
    Yeah me too, I hope we get more news on this soon.

apparently Supergirl's ratings dropped again. how is it that the show keeps getting better but its ratings keep dropping?
    Maybe people are just starting to get overloaded on Superhero TV shows?

Extraordinary Member

I tend to think that Titans would actually be better served for a TV show than a movie; being able to have downtime and fluff episodes would suit them for characterization. I mean, Justice League is more the professional team of guys who have a friendship, so they're tailor made for movie missions. Teen Titans is more like the Avengers; you need stuff like the party scene and farmhouse sequence to really make their friendships and interaction work.

Too much of the last two volumes have focused on big blockbuster fights and actions scenes.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Supergirl wasn't the only one that dropped last night. X-Files and Lucifer also dropped. The Iowa Caucuses probably had to do with the low ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Supergirl wasn't the only one that dropped last night. X-Files and Lucifer also dropped. The Iowa Caucuses probably had to do with the low ratings.
    Big political events can do numbers on some shows. Prime time coverage was in those time slots. I expect the ratings will go up once the rest of the week is factored in.