Page 11 of 690 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The problem that I had with Lincoln March in CoO (a story that I DID like overall) was that he was obviously the bad guy. Literally as soon as he shows up, I went "yep, there's a big villain." The movie COULD have used him, but then I'd have wanted them to be more subtle about it (which the recent string of movies are decidedly NOT).

Gods & Monsters looks like a fairly interesting elseworlds tale.
    Lincolm march is a important aspect of court of owls, and plays a important foil to Bruce wayne. they basically ignored what the story is about

WC 15: Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-epic-bromance
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Lucy Griffiths and Dominic Cooper Joins Preacher

Lucy Griffiths is back for another TV adaptation of a Vertigo comic book series. The Hollywood Reporter has word that Griffiths has been cast in AMC's "Preacher" pilot, as Emily Woodrow, a character created for the TV series.

Here's the official description of Griffith's character: "Emily Woodrow, a no-nonsense single mother of three. Emily's a waitress, the church organist, bookkeeper and Jesse's loyal right hand. Stoic and strong, wise beyond her years, she can’t help but have a little thing for Preacher Jesse."
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...her-adaptation

Fresh off the news that Lucy Griffiths would appear in the comic book adaptation, TheWrap reports that Howard Stark himself, Dominic Cooper, is nearing a deal to star in AMC’s “Preacher” in the lead role of Jesse Custer. Perhaps best known for paying the father of Robert Downey Jr. in the Marvel Studios films, Cooper has also appeared in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Need for Speed, Dracula Untold, and can next be seen on the big screen in 2016’s Warcraft.
    Source: http://www.superherohype.com/news/33...-amcs-preacher

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    That is good news. I like them both.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts Review

Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts is just the first in a series of “Batman Unlimited” branded content that will also include a second film on DVD/Blu-ray/Digital-HD later this year, plus 22 free animated digital shorts. In addition, a downloadable app will let viewers access more related content on mobile devices.

Warner’s top-five best selling animated DC superhero DVDs/Blu-rays combined for more than $40 million in domestic sales, and likely double that amount worldwide. Superman: Doomsday made nearly $9.5 million, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies took in almost $8.5 million, Batman: Gotham Knight (which tied into the Christopher Nolan Dark Knight film trilogy ) grabbed more than $8 million, Wonder Woman brought in $7.5 million (despite sales hampered by widespread pirating), and Batman: Under the Red Hood had sales of more than $7 million.

Those films, however, all lacked the sort of wider family-friendly appeal of the new Batman Unlimited branding, not to mention the direct merchandising tie-ins with toys, mobile content, and so on. Of course, the Batman Unlimited films will benefit from the merchandising tie-ins, but the real benefit from a business perspective is the reverse — the films will act as added marketing for the merchandising brand.

The Batman Unlimited branding appears geared toward Batman teaming up with an array of various other superheroes, and for Animal Instincts he’s joined by Nightwing, the Flash, Red Robin, and Green Arrow. This is part of a larger effort to brand the entire DCU and generally make the Justice League team a major merchandising brand — particularly for toy lines.

As I mentioned earlier, the premiere screening for Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts had a lot of kids in attendance. And they seemed to be having a blast, laughing and clapping frequently. There’s a lot of humor in the story, but it’s not campy and never talks down to the younger fans — there were as many adults laughing at the jokes as kids, myself included.

They also packed a lot of actual story into the brisk running time, keeping things moving fast but not so fast you can’t keep up or try to figure out the mystery behind Penguin’s actual plan. The action is frequent and takes some inspiration from anime aesthetics — mainly in the form of speed lines and action lines — but the fighting is kept within bounds for younger viewers while not ignoring the fact older audiences want to see these characters rumble. And the different interactions between the characters are quite entertaining, particularly the running gag about Nightwing’s distaste for the Flash.

Let me get back to the “lot of actual story” bit for a moment. One thing that surprised me was how well this film disguised the clues and true intentions of the villains. Things fall into place slowly, and while you know what the particular pieces are and even probably can guess that another seemingly unrelated subplot is going to be important, what’s really going on takes time to ascertain and you might even be a bit surprised when the final reveal comes.

Yet somehow, it’s not too complicated for kids to enjoy watching it, and they’ll be able to go along for the ride just fine. This all speaks to the point I made earlier, that they managed to make an all-ages film with lots of direct appeal to the youngest fans, and to develop it as part of a larger merchandising plan, but they didn’t just throw something cheap together and they never disrespect the characters, the material, or the audience (regardless of age).

We older fans have been spoiled by getting so much content constantly geared toward us, with most of the DC animated films being more mature and serious in nature, so I’m happy to see content being created that embraces the fact there are fans of all ages who deserve content they can watch. These characters are versatile enough for lots of different unique approaches that respect them and provide great storytelling while appealing to different sorts of fans and sensibilities — and if you think Batman just can’t be done exceptionally well in a family-friendly way and with more sense of humor, then I suggest you take a gander at Batman: The Brave and the Bold and even the old 1960s live-action TV show.

Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts reminds us that these characters and stories inspired us and wowed us as children, and aren’t merely meant to be solely “dark and gritty” mature dramatic stories for adults. If this is how DC plans to reach out to younger fans with new content while including appeal for older fans who aren’t myopic about their preferences for superhero storytelling, then it bodes well for the future.
    Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...-for-all-ages/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts Review

Read more: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...-for-all-ages/
    I'll admit I was just a little nervous about the quality of this, since it was made to push a toy line, but that review has definitely helped alleviate that worry. The preview for it was good, and I enjoy the lighthearted/kid-friendly superhero stuff just as much as the 'dark and gritty' stuff, so I'm looking forward to this.

Dominic Cooper Confirmed for Preacher :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'll admit I was just a little nervous about the quality of this, since it was made to push a toy line, but that review has definitely helped alleviate that worry. The preview for it was good, and I enjoy the lighthearted/kid-friendly superhero stuff just as much as the 'dark and gritty' stuff, so I'm looking forward to this.
    I am just glad DC/WB has products aimed at both adults and kids - movies like these for kids, and the more mature animated universe movie for adults

Astonishing Member

EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC EPIC.

Flash/Arrow Spinoff Show Called Legends?

Skip to 7:00 mark.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/did-john...ff-title/23245

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

13 episodes, so like iZombie then? Cool. And so I guess that confirms Supergirl crossover

Btw when do we get DC 2016 animated movie lineup?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    13 episodes, so like iZombie then? Cool. And so I guess that confirms Supergirl crossover

Btw when do we get DC 2016 animated movie lineup?
    As far as I know there's an animated Batman '66 tribute film, one obligatory Justice League Film along with a unknown 3rd. Maybe the 3rd film will be the WB animation dept finally getting out of their Justice League/Batman comfort zone. I know GL and Wonder Woman didn't do great in sales but it's still no excuse to latch on to Batman all the time.

BANNED

Justice League Dark would be an awesome animated film. Make it really bloody

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Justice League Dark would be an awesome animated film. Make it really bloody
    The new animated films are already bloody enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The new animated films are already bloody enough.
    Not enough. Never enough. If I bleed, superheroes should bleed, that way I can relate to them