Page 154 of 695 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 10421

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that looks cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ah, I didn't realize they were this far in production. Man, time moves fast.

Trailer is not bad; I am interested because it's Black Lighting, and looks like they are going to bring his daughters in. Static could show up in the future..here's hoping. And maybe even some other DC heroes, since this is a completely different universe.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

This is how, from my personal perspective, the quality of the CW shows goes:

Arrow: Decent 1st season, AMAZING 2nd season (For what it was, and ignoring adaptation differences), and from there, a continuing spiral into crap. I've heard season 5 is better than 3 and 4, but the show ran out of chances from me.

Flash: Okay 1st season, and then immediately going to crap with the 2nd season. I've dropped this one as well, and from what I've heard, season 3 is worse than season 2.

Supergirl: Not for me. It's well produced, well acted (with the exception of the Kara herself), and the writing is good...but the style of the show just isn't for me. Dropped it about half way through the first season. If Martian Manhunter ever gets a tonally different spin-off, I will be all over that, because for once a character I actually care about will get to be the star on one of these shows.

Legends: Season 1 was crap...but season 2 was GLORIOUS! Not because it was good, but because it was so ridiculously cartoonish and stupid, I couldn't help but love it. The only Arrowverse show I still watch, and it is a wonderful guilty pleasure.

Izombie: Not counting the yet to be made Black Lightning, it's the only non-Arrowverse DC show, and it's also the only one I'll still call good. In fact, season 2 onward, I'd call it legitimately great! Izombie, despite being completely different from the comics, ROCKS!

As for Black Lightning, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Like the protagonists of Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl, Black Lightning isn't really a character I care about, and with how the other shows have gone, my expectations for its quality are low.

Far as I'm concerned DC's older TV productions were generally superior. 90's Flash, Birds of Prey, and Lois and Clark are all shows I'd rather watch than anything from the current Arrowverse. (Hell I'd even prefer certain seasons of Smallville)

I would love to see Ambush Bug show up on an episode of Supergirl. They think he's just a crazy person because he's claiming that they're all on a tv show. Would love to hear him say "I was breaking the fourth wall long before that Pool guy."

penetrator of things

The trailer for Black Lightning looks like they're channeling much from Netflix's Luke Cage, but the one-liners are pretty bad.

Though, I think making a mistake by not tying this into the rest of the CW shows. Vixen and Lightning side-by-side would be great.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

BANNED

No one has posted anything about this new DC Super Hero Girls show on Cartoon Network? It's being helmed by Lauren Faust.
    http://deadline.com/2017/05/dc-super...18-1202100531/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    No one has posted anything about this new DC Super Hero Girls show on Cartoon Network? It's being helmed by Lauren Faust.
    http://deadline.com/2017/05/dc-super...18-1202100531/
    While I haven't been interested in DC Super Hero Girls in the past, I AM a huge fan of Lauren Faust.

Unfortunately, my love for Faust is outweighed by my hatred for Babsgirl and my dislike or indifference toward literally every other character on the show besides Jessica.

But what kid wants to see a strong female character with a disability, or even an equally strong female character whose neuroatypical? Certainly NOT this fan or their friends when they were kids.

Damn it DC...
    Last edited by Assam; 05-24-2017 at 04:05 PM.

I'm down for anything that majorly promotes the leading ladies of DC .

That being said, I hope this doesn't interfere with anything Shea Fontana is doing...

It seems like the two versions of the show will co-exist and have seperate continuity. From the press release it seems Iike Harley Quinn (possibly Ivy, Catwoman, Killer Forst, Cheetah...etc) will be more villainous in this show.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    It seems like the two versions of the show will co-exist and have seperate continuity. From the press release it seems Iike Harley Quinn (possibly Ivy, Catwoman, Killer Forst, Cheetah...etc) will be more villainous in this show.
    Wait, is it a different universe?

The new series builds on the DC Super Hero Girls direct-to-video movies as well as digital webisodes launched in 2015 on YouTube.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Wait, is it a different universe?
    Yeah Lauren confirmed on Twitter that it's a reboot and will have it's own continuity. Hence why Harley is described as a villain and Poison Ivy wasn't mentioned despite them both being main characters and heroes on the web series. Jessica and Zatanna were added to the main line-up for this show whereas they've never appeared on the web series
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Yeah Lauren confirmed on Twitter that it's a reboot and will have it's own continuity. Hence why Harley is described as a villain and Poison Ivy wasn't mentioned despite them both being main characters and heroes on the web series. Jessica and Zatanna were added to the main line-up for this show whereas they've never appeared on the web series
    Ah, alright. That's great..especially the additions

Meh, doesn't look that impressive. I will probably still check it out but I'm not very excited about it.

I think it looks fun .