Page 184 of 693 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    First look at the new DC Super Hero Girls by Lauren Faust:
    Why not just use the designs from the web series and direct to video movies? The franchise is already successful with those designs, why change it for the TV show?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    They are still pushing Bumblebee despite that case by Hasbro and Ant-Man and the Wasp arriving soon in theatres? What does it take for DC to give Vixen a major push?

I could see that Zatanna design being a huge hit with little girls though.
    I like Bumblebee, why take shots at her? They could push both 'bee and Vixen.

Incredible Member

That Zatanna looks like Twilight Sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I like Bumblebee, why take shots at her? They could push both 'bee and Vixen.
    I'd prefer that too but DC is insisting on "Only 1 superheroine of each non-white race" to be included in the main line-up. So playing by their own tunnelvision rules, it makes little sense to me to pick Bumblebee over Vixen given BB's Marvel counterpart (and original predecessor) is hitting the big screen soon as the co-lead of a summer blockbuster and that Hasbro is suing DC over the "Bumblebee" name for toy licensing.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-22-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Why not just use the designs from the web series and direct to video movies? The franchise is already successful with those designs, why change it for the TV show?
    Lauren Faust does what Lauren Faust wants.

Also, they want to differentiate this from the previous stuff. Apparently Harley and Ivy aren't their friends in this but are rumored to go to a different school for "bad girls".

I'd prefer that too but DC is insisting on "Only 1 superheroine of each non-white race" to be included in the main line-up.
    Man that's just stupid. I mean typical, but stupid.

So playing by their own tunnelvision rules, it makes little sense to me to pick Bumblebee over Vixen given BB's Marvel counterpart (and original predecessor) is hitting the big screen soon as the co-lead of a summer blockbuster and that Hasbro is suing DC over the "Bumblebee" name for toy licensing.
    Eh, the audience isn't going to care that Marvel has a similar character in Wasp. And hey, maybe they view the Hasbro thing is worth fighting.

Lauren Faust does what Lauren Faust wants.

Also, they want to differentiate this from the previous stuff. Apparently Harley and Ivy aren't their friends in this but are rumored to go to a different school for "bad girls".
    So two continuities of the same name, characters, and franchise, aimed at the same audience of little girls, possibly young enough to not get why Harley acts different and goes to a different as school depending on what version she is watching?
    Seems dumd

Eh, the audience isn't going to care that Marvel has a similar character in Wasp. And hey, maybe they view the Hasbro thing is worth fighting.
    I think people may start calling her a Wasp rip-off (TBF she kinda is), especially as Wasp's costume in the new movie has the black and yellow color scheme + helmet too.

I'm surprised DC is still using her after the Hasbro case but maybe they were already too far into this show's development when that case reared its head.

So two continuities of the same name, characters, and franchise, aimed at the same audience of little girls, possibly young enough to not get why Harley acts different and goes to a different as school depending on what version she is watching?
    Seems dumd
    I suspect the original "universe" may slowly start getting phased out once this show starts picking steam.

They are still pushing Bumblebee despite that case by Hasbro and Ant-Man and the Wasp arriving soon in theatres? What does it take for DC to give Vixen a major push?
    They're probably keeping Bumblebee because she was a major part of the original version (and a very popular selling doll, as I recall), and so they can push her as a very tech-oriented hero, hence her robot bee suit here.
    Seems dumd
    It's still unknown how long DC will keep two separate versions of the franchise running at the same time, but I have to at least give the Lauren Faust version points for having all the leads be actual heroes from the comics.

It's still unknown how long DC will keep two separate versions of the franchise running at the same time, but I have to at least give the Lauren Faust version points for having all the leads be actual heroes from the comics.
    Dude, Harley & Ivy SELL. You need just check on Twitter to see how crazy popular their stuff is. Can't blame DC for loving money.

But maybe it will be interesting if they have their own "Sirens High School for Wayward Girls", a rival of Super Hero High The two schools could occassionally team up against common enemies "Granny's Finishing School for Furies"

Dude, Harley & Ivy SELL. You need just check on Twitter to see how crazy popular their stuff is. Can't blame DC for loving money.

But maybe it will be interesting if they have their own "Sirens High School for Wayward Girls", a rival of Super Hero High The two schools could occassionally team up against common enemies "Granny's Finishing School for Furies"
    I know Harley and Ivy sell, though I don't think they need to be heroes to sell either .

Here's Lauren Faust commenting on Ivy in the series:

You will have to wait and see just who Pam is and isn’t friends with. And who Poison Ivy is and isn’t friends with. You might be surprised.

I know Harley and Ivy sell, though I don't think they need to be heroes to sell either .

Here's Lauren Faust commenting on Ivy in the series:
    When it comes to little girls, heroes tend to sell more than villains methinks, if the Disney Princess brand sales vs. Disney Villains brand sales are anything to go by.

That Faust comment on Teen Ivy makes it sound like Pam on the show may not be full on Regina George though.

Mighty Member

It looks fun so far. I think I can get myself liking this take on DC Superhero Girls more than the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Slightly off topic but does anybody find Jeremiah/Jerome on Gotham overrated? I don't think they are anything special, seems like the Tumblr crowd love this Joker the most.
    I do! Then again, I find Joker in general to be incredibly overrated and cringe anytime he shows up in anything, so yeah.

When it comes to little girls, heroes tend to sell more than villains methinks, if the Disney Princess brand sales vs. Disney Villains brand sales are anything to go by.
    Doesn't mean those villains aren't super-popular though .
    That Faust comment on Teen Ivy makes it sound like Pam on the show may not be full on Regina George though.
    I got the sense that there's some double-identity business going on where "Pamela Isley" hangs with a different crowd then "Poison Ivy" does.

I think people may start calling her a Wasp rip-off (TBF she kinda is), especially as Wasp's costume in the new movie has the black and yellow color scheme + helmet too.
    Again, the intended audience is too young to care about things like that.

I'm surprised DC is still using her after the Hasbro case but maybe they were already too far into this show's development when that case reared its head.
    That could be one reason. Or they think they will win the suit, or that it will be worth settling out of court. Can never tell with these things.

I suspect the original "universe" may slowly start getting phased out once this show starts picking steam.
    It's still unknown how long DC will keep two separate versions of the franchise running at the same time,
    So, phase out the version that proved wildly successful? That is both stupid and sad.

I hope the Lauren version keeps the villains as actual villains. Harley and Ivy shouldn't be portrayed as heroes. They're villains! Yes they sell, but so what. Keep them how they were intended to be.

Love that all the main characters are heroes!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!