Page 190 of 693 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 10395
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    It's not over exposure if the demand is there.
    It is if you toss her in everything.

Sometimes there has to quantity control.

https://shadowandact.com/luke-cage-s...-of-bushmaster

Meet the guy who lost out to Cess Williams for Black Lightning.

Luke Cage's newest villain, Bushmaster, is one of the best additions to the Marvel Netflix show. But the actor behind Bushmaster, Mustafa Shakir, said to Digital Spy that he auditioned for several prominent superhero roles, and after losing them, he felt like "the doors were closing in" on his goal of playing in the comic book arena.

Shakir also auditioned for Cress Williams' lead role in The CW's Black Lightning and Winston Duke's role as M'Baku in Marvel's Black Panther.

Shakir admitted Duke "killed it" in the role of M'Baku, saying "I couldn't even imagine doing that," but he was sure he'd get Black Lightning. "I usually don't, but I campaigned for it. I was pretty sure I was going to get it. I was close," he said. "But I didn't get it. They said that I was a little too dark for the role. It just crushed my heart. There's not a lot of black superheroes in the comic book lexicon, so I felt like the doors were closing..."

I hate Teen Titans Go, but I wish it luck, if only cause they promised to bring back the old show.

DC Superhero Girls Comic-Con bag:

Extraordinary Member

Luke Cage's newest villain, Bushmaster, is one of the best additions to the Marvel Netflix show. But the actor behind Bushmaster, Mustafa Shakir, said to Digital Spy that he auditioned for several prominent superhero roles, and after losing them, he felt like "the doors were closing in" on his goal of playing in the comic book arena.

Shakir also auditioned for Cress Williams' lead role in The CW's Black Lightning and Winston Duke's role as M'Baku in Marvel's Black Panther.

Shakir admitted Duke "killed it" in the role of M'Baku, saying "I couldn't even imagine doing that," but he was sure he'd get Black Lightning. "I usually don't, but I campaigned for it. I was pretty sure I was going to get it. I was close," he said. "But I didn't get it. They said that I was a little too dark for the role. It just crushed my heart. There's not a lot of black superheroes in the comic book lexicon, so I felt like the doors were closing..."

Interesting.
    Of course there are alot of black superheroes in comics.

Good the movie looks entertaining.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hate Teen Titans Go, but I wish it luck, if only cause they promised to bring back the old show.
    If the titans brand does well this year then It is certainly justified esp with DCU coming

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Interesting.
    not well know, core chracters that headline DC OR Marvel
    therefore its taken time before we can get ones that companies are willing to push

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I have a question.

I'm looking for an episode that features a GL villain with a necklace laced with Lantern rings. The villain (who I've also forgotten) was hunting down GL's and taking their power rings as trophies.

I could've swore it was in the DCAU somewhere. But I checked the main GL stories in JL/JLU, the sole GL episode in Superman TAS and the GL crossover with Static Shock.

I know I didn't imagine it. If anyone has an idea on where to find it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    ----
    Edit to add

NVM I found it.
    There was a second Static Shock crossover I missed.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-11-2018 at 07:01 AM.

was just wondering. anybody here know if dcu online is still up and running?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    was just wondering. anybody here know if dcu online is still up and running?
    It is. They actually have content focused around the Teen Titans coming out on the 18th.

I've actually contemplated jumping back into the game, but I don't want to spend the measly dollars I have for the monthly subscription.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Interesting.
    For people like him who do not fully read comics or interact with the somewhat toxic comic fandom or due to the lack of merchandise-they wouldn't know.

Access to stuff has ALWAYS been an issue. What you take for granted not everyone else gets.

So for many Storm, Cyborg, Static, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Falcon, War Machine, Blade & Spawn are the only black super heroes they have seen.
    There folks shocked to learn some of these guys started in books. Because they NEVER saw that book in a store or library. And for many they have stories that have YET to make it to trade.

Of all the black heroes at DC-only Jason Rusch, Michael Lane & Batwing have every appearance in trade.
    Think who is left out-3 folks who had their own shows (BL, Static & Vixen), 1 who had a movie (Steel), a guy who is forever on tv (Cyborg) & John Stewart.

BANNED

that makes me sad that he didn't get cast as Black Lightning. Maybe WB will feel bad for him and recast him for the second season?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    that makes me sad that he didn't get cast as Black Lightning. Maybe WB will feel bad for him and recast him for the second season?
    I thought Cress Williams did an amazing job in the first season, though maybe Shakir can play a younger Jefferson ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It is if you toss her in everything.

Sometimes there has to quantity control.
    It's not over exposure if the greater majority like seeing her tossed in everything.

Quantity Control? Do you have any proof that the amount of Harley Quinn related goods that DC is supplying is adversely affecting market price?