Page 193 of 695 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 10418

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Hal has been seen in that stuff. Almost all of it from 2015.
    And voiced by Josh Keaton .

Didn't see this posted here, the new Titans trailer:

I think it looks okay, certainly falls in the dark and gritty category (f*** Batman!) want to see a bit more of Starfire and the others, this one is very Robin and Raven focused.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Didn't see this posted here, the new Titans trailer:

I think it looks okay, certainly falls in the dark and gritty category (f*** Batman!) want to see a bit more of Starfire and the others, this one is very Robin and Raven focused.
    Oh gosh DC is trying to out edgelord everyone again. It feel their is a persistent section of the DC brass that feels the need to make everything they touch edgy. What they fail to recognize is that it’s not the 90s anymore. People make fun of that kind of stuff now. It doesn’t play as serious and earnest anymore it plays like desperate and excessive. More importantly it reads as though they don’t have a lot of faith in their properties. Ramping up the sex and violence to this level always comes off as desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Oh gosh DC is trying to out edgelord everyone again. It feel their is a persistent section of the DC brass that feels the need to make everything they touch edgy. What they fail to recognize is that it’s not the 90s anymore. People make fun of that kind of stuff now. It doesn’t play as serious and earnest anymore it plays like desperate and excessive. More importantly it reads as though they don’t have a lot of faith in their properties. Ramping up the sex and violence to this level always comes off as desperate.
    Couldn't agree more. DC has been stuck in that silly mentality for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Couldn't agree more. DC has been stuck in that silly mentality for far too long.
    I really thought/hoped we were done with this “edgy” and “dark” phase. The Titans is one of the last DC franchises that needed the edgy makeover. The DC brand became a laughingstock for just this type of approach. I really can’t believe they went in this direction after all that’s happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really thought/hoped we were done with this “edgy” and “dark” phase. The Titans is one of the last DC franchises that needed the edgy makeover. The DC brand became a laughingstock for just this type of approach. I really can’t believe they went in this direction after all that’s happened.
    There's nothing inherently wrong about dark and edgy. After all, it proved to be a huge success for Titans showhelmer Greg Berlanti's take on another teen centric comic (Riverdale).

Though a large part of what the Archie Comics adaptations get right that the DC adaptations seem to miss is thanks to Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's deft grasp on the characters. He makes them dark and edgy without having them lose their core traits, which is why it works. It's too soon to comment on Titans but the DC creatives need to learn this if they want to head in the same direction with their portrayal of characters and stories.

Mighty Member

I will ALWAYS applaud showrunners for doing what THEY WANT TO DO. Who are we to tell them what to do and how to do. LET PEOPLE TELL THEIR STORIES!! And the fact that Geoff has to explain to people why Robin cursed is extremely sad.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There's nothing inherently wrong about dark and edgy. After all, it proved to be a huge success for Titans showhelmer Greg Berlanti's take on another teen centric comic (Riverdale).

Though a large part of what the Archie Comics adaptations get right that the DC adaptations seem to miss is thanks to Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa's deft grasp on the characters. He makes them dark and edgy without having them lose their core traits, which is why it works. It's too soon to comment on Titans but the DC creatives need to learn this if they want to head in the same direction with their portrayal of characters and stories.
    I have to question this. I mean, is Betty having an ambiguously explained mental illness, the Lodges being crime lords and Chuck being a slut shamer being core traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I have to question this. I mean, is Betty having an ambiguously explained mental illness, the Lodges being crime lords and Chuck being a slut shamer being core traits?
    The original characters are all kind of one-dimensional in Archie so it is easy to give them additional traits. Riverdale's Betty is beloved despite her "darkness" so they're doing something right there. Riverdale's Veronica is one of the best examples of fleshing out a one-dimensional character (they basically made her into a rich Mary Jane Watson but that's a little besides the point), so we are invested in the Lodge storyline. Chuck is having a redemptive arc too.

Also, Riverdale mixes up the darkness and angst with campy thrills and soapy drama done well, so it has found the right balance of tones.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-20-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Coverage of the DC Super Hero Girls Comic-Con panel:
    Panelists include Jennifer Kluska (Director of DC Super Hero Girls), Lauren Faust (Executive Producer), Greg Griffin (Voice of Wonder Woman), Nicole Sullivan (Voice of Supergirl), and Marie Javins (DC Group Editor). The panel is moderated by Rosie Knight from Nerdist.

Knight is going to premier the new animated short called 'The Late Batsby' by Warner Bros. Animation.

The short depicts Batgirl racing on her scooter to meet up with the other Super Hero Girls as they take on Mr. Freeze.

Next question goes to Lauren Faust who animated the animated short 'The Late Batsby'. Faust is going to go through what's new and different with the animation series.

Faust says they are reintroducing the idea of secret identities. They want to look at who these girls would be as teenagers and superheroes. What is the teenage mirror of the perfect girl? That's the focus of the animated series.

Faust is talking about the villains now, she says they will also have their own teenage mirrors. For instance, Catgirl is a shoplifter. The goal is to give the villains realistic (or semi-realistic) teenager personas that you might encounter in high school.

Harley is the girl you went to school with that’s going to juvie. And Star Sapphire is the crazy ex-girlfriend.

Nicole Sullivan and Grey Griffin, who voice characters in the new series, are talking about using their own high school experiences for inspiration for the show.

Sullivan says while she can't say a lot about the episodes yet, she did say, "The girls are doing the same stuff regular girls do. What speaks to me is that everyday is drama in High School but in this series the drama for real (and possibly world ending)."

Kluska and Faust say something different with the animated series will be the other aspects of girls lives that previous iterations have not yet explored.

Knight is going to give us another sneak peak. Lauren Faust introducing an animatic from the first part of the four-part pilot that will premiering. The girls have just met one another for the first time and are discovering they have super powers.

The audience is roaring with laughter as the animatic depicts the girls initially fighting and arguing with one another.

The clip shows the girls coming to terms with the fact that they have powers for the first time and deciding whether or not they want to team up. They are exploring their secret identities for the first time.

Faust says, "We want the show to speak for itself. If it's good anybody will watch it."

Faust goes on to say, "A lot of stuff for little girls is very often us telling little girls how to behave and we want to move away from that."

Third audience question speaks to characters design and changes which felt reminiscent to "Super Best Friends Forever" animated short. Panel says the redesign was definitely inspired by the short.

The next question is about Katana and whether or not she will be returning. Thankfully she will be!

Rosie Knight says no characters are going away, this seemed to put the audience at ease.

Another question from a young girl asked about the new hair styles of some of the characters. Faust says she wanted the appearance to reflect their personality and how they think about the world.

Supergirl and Superman will have a strong story line in the show which will explore the dynamics of their relationship. Other relationships the series will look at is that between Wonder Woman and her mom.

A young audience member asks how the DC Super Hero Girls meet Harley. Spoiler: Batgirl and Harley will be best friends by day and not realize they are foes at night, beating one another up. There won't be a definitive reason for Harley turning evil, says Faust.

A mini Harley wants to know if the animated character will "really going to be a bad guy?" Faust says "There's a lot of good in her. She makes bad choices because she is so full of love. You'll see."

The question is about whether or not the new look of the series will replace the visual look of the rest of the DC Super Hero Girls universe. Knight responds no, this is an expansion, not a replacement.

In response to a question about whether or not the animated series will address how they got their powers Faust and Kluska say will be looking at this and addressing this but it will be a while before it is introduced.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

looks like they turned Supergirl into Powergirl

The new designs remind me of this.

The Super Best Friends Forever shorts were pretty cool.

Love the look of the new Super Hero Girls! Can't wait to see what the others look like! Love that the villains are staying villains! Interesting they chose Giganta over Cheetah in that pic, but it's understandable. Hope she pops up!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!