Page 194 of 695 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 10424

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Love the look of the new Super Hero Girls! Can't wait to see what the others look like! Love that the villains are staying villains! Interesting they chose Giganta over Cheetah in that pic, but it's understandable. Hope she pops up!
    It's almost kind of funny that the villain art features half of the main female hero cast of the other DC Super Hero Girls .

DC's 2019 Animated Feature Film slate:

- Reign Of the Supermen

- Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.

- Batman: Hush.

- Wonder Woman: Bloodlines.

The 2019 slate was announced at the San Diego Comic-Con panel following tonight’s The Death of Superman world premiere. Based on the seminal storyline that shocked fans of the Man of Steel when it debuted 25 years ago, The Death of Superman is actually only the beginning of the story. The second part of the previously announced two-part adaptation, Reign of the Supermen, kicks things off in early 2019. Focusing on what happens after Superman’s death, the comics that inspired part two introduced characters who have gone on to play integral roles in the world of Superman, such as Steel, Cyborg Superman and Conner Kent. Look for some Reign of the Supermen teasers in the closing credits of The Death of Superman.

After that, in spring 2019, the Justice League returns for Justice League vs. The Fatal Five. Originally composed of supercriminals Tharok, Emerald Empress, Validus, Mano and the Persuader, the Fatal Five were first introduced in 1967 and are more commonly associated with the Legion of Super-Heroes. While they have appeared in animation before, both on Justice League Unlimited and on the Legion of Superheroes animated series, they’ve been largely dormant for a while (though Emerald Empress did play a key role in the recent JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD comic book event). This is an original story, and there’s much we don’t know about it. Is it set in the future or the present day? Will the Legion appear? Which Justice Leaguers will we see? Only time will tell!

The third movie for 2019, Batman: Hush will release in summer, and will follow the two-part Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen as the latest animated movie based on an acclaimed DC comic storyline. While this year’s Batman: Gotham by Gaslight was arguably the last Batman-centered DC Universe Movie, it’s an “Elseworlds” tale featuring a Victorian Era Dark Knight. Hush will find the series returning to the present day and set in a much more familiar Gotham City. The comic storyline featured popular Bat baddies like Poison Ivy, Ra’s al Ghul and the Joker, but it’s also well known for introducing the villain it’s named after—the bandage-faced Hush. While a child version of the character has made a couple of appearances on Gotham and Hush has appeared in video games like the Arkham and LEGO Batman titles, he’s never before appeared in a DC Universe Movie.

But wait, there’s more…

Yes, typically WBHE releases three DC Universe Movies each year, but 2019 is special and we’re getting a fourth. For the first time since her fan-favorite 2009 animated movie, Wonder Woman will take center stage in an original animated movie called Wonder Woman: Bloodlines. Not much is known about this mysterious—but very exciting—bonus movie, but expect to learn more next year.

Incredible Member

I can't wait for Reign of Supermen.

And after watching The Death of Superman, I want that WW movie to be part of their shared universe. These characters really need a chance to have the spotlight and a development in their lives and stories.

Anyone know if Static is on the animated series list for the streaming service?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

- Reign Of the Supermen

Wow love the lineup. Disappointed it's not the Legion of Superheroes vs The Fatal Five instead of the JL but since it's an original movie I'm intrigued. Reign of Superman is already looking good. Don't really care for another Batman movie especially if it's in the current universe. Finally Wonder Woman gets another movie. Hopefully it's the same team behind the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Anyone know if Static is on the animated series list for the streaming service?
    I believe it is included.

And a Wonder Woman solo huh? Will probbaly release around the same time as WW84 I presume. I wonder what it's about? And I do hope we're expanding to 4 dtv's a year! I need another Titans movie (loved the last 2!).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

It's almost kind of funny that the villain art features half of the main female hero cast of the other DC Super Hero Girls .
    Did we ever get an explanation for why they completely rebooted the brand like this? I thought the old line was performing well enough as far as merchandise sales go (and it was primarily a merchandising effort in the classic advertoon way.)

Not that I'm complaining, more Lauren Faust cartoons is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Wow love the lineup. Disappointed it's not the Legion of Superheroes vs The Fatal Five instead of the JL but since it's an original movie I'm intrigued. Reign of Superman is already looking good. Don't really care for another Batman movie especially if it's in the current universe. Finally Wonder Woman gets another movie. Hopefully it's the same team behind the first one.
    If it's the actual Fatal Five, then I'm expecting the Legion to show up in some form .

I'm curious to see how many of these end up being in-continuity since we have four movies in one year, so it's not going to be "2 in-continuity and 1 Elseworlds" as per the last few years.

So potentially we have 2 in-continuity and 2 Elseworlds, or something totally different. Although JL vs FF and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines are original stories, so that might make it more likely they're in-continuity.

I don't think they can get Lauren Montgomery back on the director's chair for Wonder Woman since she's so busy with Voltron.
    Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Did we ever get an explanation for why they completely rebooted the brand like this? I thought the old line was performing well enough as far as merchandise sales go (and it was primarily a merchandising effort in the classic advertoon way.)

Not that I'm complaining, more Lauren Faust cartoons is a good thing.
    As per the panel, they're treating this as an "expansion" of the franchise rather then a reboot.

It won't be replacing the Shea Fontana stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Could be a Legion movie in disguise, much like how JL vs TT introduced the Titans and was pretty much a TT film rather than a JL film. If it's succesful enough, it could lead to a solo Legion animated film, much like JL vs TT led to Judas Contract.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I believe it is included.

And a Wonder Woman solo huh? Will probbaly release around the same time as WW84 I presume. I wonder what it's about?
    Hopefully NOT about Jason. That Bloodlines title hints at the Zeus/First Born storyline though.

I don't think they can get Lauren Montgomery back on the director's chair for Wonder Woman since she's so busy with Voltron.
    Voltron's ending though, right? Either way, I hope her schedule frees up around the time the Batgirl solo movie is planned, so she gets a chance at finally making her dream Batgirl: Year One movie. Or some variation of it if the live action Batgirl film is about Cassandra with Barbara as Oracle.

- Reign Of the Supermen

How many of these are still in the lame New 52 animated universe?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Reign is for sure and its following up the great DOS.

And its between the New 52 universe which keeps improving or Bruce Timm verse which is flatout awful and underbudgeted. I'll take the New 52

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Reign of the Superman and perhaps JL vs FF. I think Hush and WW will be standalone.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Voltron's ending though, right? Either way, I hope her schedule frees up around the time the Batgirl solo movie is planned, so she gets a chance at finally making her dream Batgirl: Year One movie. Or some variation of it if the live action Batgirl film is about Cassandra with Barbara as Oracle.
    I think it's more likely Montgomery will move on to do more independent work then go back to Warner Bros. and DC, but you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Is it even really the New 52 animated universe anymore? I mean, Death/Reign, Judas Contract, the whole Titans and Trigon thing...none of that was based around the New 52 aside from maybe some designs.

At this point it's basically just it's own thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Reign of the Superman and perhaps JL vs FF. I think Hush and WW will be standalone.
    I can see Hush being standalone because Kevin Conroy (and I think maybe Mark Hamill) have expressed interest in doing a Hush adaption before.

WW I think can go either way since it seems like it'll be an original story.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

If it's the actual Fatal Five, then I'm expecting the Legion to show up in some form .

I'm curious to see how many of these end up being in-continuity since we have four movies in one year, so it's not going to be "2 in-continuity and 1 Elseworlds" as per the last few years.

So potentially we have 2 in-continuity and 2 Elseworlds, or something totally different. Although JL vs FF and Wonder Woman: Bloodlines are original stories, so that might make it more likely they're in-continuity.

As per the panel, they're treating this as an "expansion" of the franchise rather then a reboot.

It won't be replacing the Shea Fontana stuff.
    Oh didn't know she did Voltron. Ya the Legion might appear. If they do this will be awesome.

The continuity sounded vague in the description.